Never assume the hunt is over

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a video of someone with a modded Origins lobby that could fly, change their model to another character, set weapons, rainbow colours, force them so they couldn't quit. But could they spawn a portal like that?

The thing about modded lobbies is that all the modified game-save file does is allow access to the in-game console that then allows players to use various console commands on the fly, like God mode, noclip, infinite ammo, flying etc but these mods cannot allow the player to add new effects like the fire engulfing, the monkey bomb explosion effect or the spawning of portal and where they take you.

I have now seen 3 videos of people claiming to have gotten this to work an all 3 are different videos from one and other so there is definitely something about this that could suggest it is indeed real. Again, if not then the guy who make it is pretty damn clever but I am still inclined to believe it could be legit.

So that reseaux sent me binary coded message today. It basically just said to add this account on PSN. He had an ingame video of the egg. 

I am really certain the egg is real now, but I still have doubts. Why is he not being straight and just coming out with it? Is hacking this developed on consoles? I have seen a video of someone with a modded Origins lobby that could fly, change their model to another character, set weapons, rainbow colours, force them so they couldn't quit. But could they spawn a portal like that?

Im hung up on the whole fact that it appears that he spawns in at the cabin at the beginning of round 1.  I don't understand how that wouldbe possible without mods.  i know its theater mode and there are some edits that can be made there, but this seems peculiar

Edited by the_clay_bird

Im hung up on the whole fact that it appears that he spawns in at the cabin at the beginning of round 1.  I don't understand how that wouldbe possible without mods.  i know its theater mode and there are some edits that can be made there, but this seems peculiar

That is a pretty good point. I am going to jump into a game of Tranzit now to try this out myself. I will edit a clip and watch it back. If it does not display the 'Round 1' lettering on the screen from where I start the edit then we could just have busted this once and for all. Trolls always tend to leave a mistake behind and that could very well be the error we need to finally debunk this one.

edit: Tried it and couldn't get it to work so I am still unclear on whether or not this is real. Could be linked to which EE you have completed prior. I believe Maxis gives you drops at the tower and Richtofen does not, so it could be a bonus EE for a side you are aligned to, but the more I look into this the more I am thinking it is fake. Only people to show it working are complete unknowns. Not a single person I know has replicated this so until we have accurate steps or concrete proof then I am done with this one.

Edited by DeathBringerZen

Regardless of what anyone attempts, the evidence is clear - the video starts up on round 1.  The guy already has the hades, he's already at the cabin.  To me this is the nail in the coffin, totally fake.  Modded somehow.

Honestly the fire doesn't look too convincing either, looks like someone just used Adobe After Effects.

Sad that people put so much effort into fooling a community hungry for content.

Edited by GRILL

Regardless of what anyone attempts, the evidence is clear - the video starts up on round 1.  The guy already has the hades, he's already at the cabin.  To me this is the nail in the coffin, totally fake.  Modded somehow.

Honestly the fire doesn't look too convincing either, looks like someone just used Adobe After Effects.

Sad that people put so much effort into fooling a community hungry for content.

Honestly, had I not been so eager to believe this was true, we honestly should have probably dismissed this when they guy gave a cryptic binary code resulting in his PSN acct.    Anybody who actually wasn't an attention starved twat would have just responded like a normal person and not a Jimmy Zielinski wanna-be

Honestly, had I not been so eager to believe this was true, we honestly should have probably dismissed this when they guy gave a cryptic binary code resulting in his PSN acct.    Anybody who actually wasn't an attention starved twat would have just responded like a normal person and not a Jimmy Zielinski wanna-be

This is what also bothered me when I watched @Rissole25 video. As soon as I saw the binary code it made me instantly think this was the same guy who was doing all the trolling back during on season who was always putting out cryptic binary posts over on the ATVI forums.

I think it is safe to say that this is definitely a troll now. All the hallmarks are there and no one known to the community has managed to replicate it. Amazing work on the originators part though. Hope it was worth the mild coverage it got at best.

It's a confirmed troll unfortunately.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/3gn34f/proving_the_undiscovered_tranzit_easter_egg_is/

The cadnerd guy even messaged me after that thread came out and said "you're probably annoyed now that you know the truth, but if you wanna do the fake easter egg for fun, i still have the script so let me know. I don't want to be recorded tho."

Lol no thanks, you already wasted my time and I already feel silly for believing it.

I suppose the only good thing to come out of it all, is we now know that new supposed BO2 easter eggs can be easily faked. I just didn't think you could do that kind of stuff on PS3 but there you go.

What's more annoying (now that DUKIP has proved just how easy it would be to add something like this) is why Treyarch themselves didn't add more little things like this in the first place. I think most agree that despite it being a troll, things like this would be a pretty cool little addition if they were actually legit. It would take them 2 seconds to script a few little EE's around the place and add them as a hotfix patch or something. Then maybe we wouldn't get these 'trolls'.

Edited by steviewonder87

This is the problem with them officially saying there are more easter eggs. Straight away people have got to work faking them so that they can gain some attention momentarily and troll people.