Could there be a third zombie map or mode on launch?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so, just kind of came to a revelation in a skype chat w/ @FatedTitan and @MrRoflWaffles  -

"Only the Cursed Survive" poster Chicago skyline is a picture from 2014.

SoE is set in 1940.

The Giant is 1945.

3rd game mode? 2014? I'm actually starting to think this could be legit.

My point exactly. There is no way that the 'Only the cursed survive' poster was in anyway linked to SoE. The character and clothing do not even match for a start and secondly it does not even look like a picture that would fit the theme of the map.

The RKLSS picture I still feel is also linked to this 3rd map/mode and not just a "sex sells" t-shirt. If so why would it be a part of the Black Ops 3 t-shirt range and not Black Ops 2, ie: being Misty's ass.

The early reveal of the 2 already known maps convinces me even more that when they said "this will be the most ambitious zombies yet", they mean it. I still expect a zombie campaign mode to surface and it to revolve around these images.

Edited by DeathBringerZen

I don't think they are doing a zombies campaign, they would have mentioned it by now to build hype. Also the symbol on the card is on the shadows of evil characters and people started to compare the zombie to something in the past a while ago. They probably searched for an old skyline to put in that poster that somewhat resembled Morg City. To be honest I think Chicago was the basis for Morg City.

I don't think they are doing a zombies campaign, they would have mentioned it by now to build hype. Also the symbol on the card is on the shadows of evil characters and people started to compare the zombie to something in the past a while ago. They probably searched for an old skyline to put in that poster that somewhat resembled Morg City. To be honest I think Chicago was the basis for Morg City.

It still does not explain the clothing on the person looking more modern and the poster not fitting the theme of SoE which is as Treyarch stated, a homage to the gothic film noir style of movies from that era. It looks like nothing like a film noir poster nor does it referrence SoE or Morg City. The symbol on the card could feature in all maps so just because it is on a characters hand doesn't mean it is map specifc.

As for the campaign mode, Why would they have mentioned it by now? If previous track records are to be used then that is the last thing they would do considering they normally keep all zombie content secret until the last few months. The SoE and Giant reveal were pretty early this time around and I fully expect a campaign mode to still surface.

In the style of Nightmare Voyager, nothing is confirmed or denied so lets just wait and see shall we. ;)

Edited by DeathBringerZen

Oh I whole heartfelt believe there is going to be another map that is modern, I'm just trying to look at it in another way. I'm just not sure how the campaign mode would even function and why it is needed when we have a format that already works.

Not sure why i didnt think this earlier but...

possible Exo-Skeleton suits in 3arch zombies? this could be a third setting..the modern/futuristic setting..

the ONE thing i would miss going back to TRUE zombies ...is the exo suit...man I love jumping over my train ;)

• Administrators

Not sure why i didnt think this earlier but...

possible Exo-Skeleton suits in 3arch zombies? this could be a third setting..the modern/futuristic setting..

the ONE thing i would miss going back to TRUE zombies ...is the exo suit...man I love jumping over my train ;)

I'm a purist and really hope they don't incorporate any sort of exo suit personally. However, maybe sledgehammer will return again!

I highly doubt we will get another map. With The Giant being dlc, I don't see another map coming until  dlc pack 1.  Shadows of Evil may be broken up into sections in other game modes like Tranzit was. I would  definitely be happy to see another map since I am only getting the standard edition. 

• 3 weeks later...

http://charlieintel.com/2015/08/27/new-details-on-zombies-leaked-in-bo3-beta-pc-files-theater-mode-campaign-references-and-more/

So it seems the PC files may be pointing towards a campaign mode or story mode within Black Ops 3 zombies after all, with the PC coding having been data mined. This could of course just be unused code but if there is going to be a campaign mode, and I am sure there is, then I doubt it will be on SoE or The Giant, so could this be more evidence to suggest a 3rd map or mode on launch?

I think so...

I really wish this is true but don't want to get my hopes up. They referred to Tranzit as a campaign mode before launch and it sounds like a lot of the code mentioned in the link could apply to BO2 since the map EEs were tied to eachother via the Nav cards. 

But I'd love nothing more then to beat the campaign and get a third map that somehow has campaign like features and a story that at least makes sense. Not having a reward at the end of BO2 like we did with WaW and BOs was so disappointing. 

Also love the audio files in this link. New Perk songs including JugV2. 

Personally I would like a sequel to Dead Ops, it was an enjoyable little side game mode to a bigger side game mode. I can't imagine it taking too much effort to make another one, and it would also be one thing I wouldn't mind seeing it as an iOS game in a companion app or something with it. They've had 3 years to develop this game and why not go all out with another Dead Ops?

As for a third regular map at launch, same reason as I listed for Dead Ops. They had a whole extra year to work on this so it stand to reason that they most certainly had the time to possibly make another map. I've seen possible evidence to suggest there is in fact another map at launch. But just looking at what we know, especially the fact that they revealed so much already and so soon. I recall watching their presentation at the DICE summit and Mark Lamia talking about how they always have been so restrained when it's come to zombies and marketing, so why the sudden change in tactics now? That is unless they have way more in store for us that they're waiting to let us discover for ourselves at launch.

And on a side note, I would love if we found hidden content again like we did in the first BO. I know it wasn't too significant later on but being able to break out of the chair and access stuff through the computer terminal was really cool. It doesn't have to be exactly like that but something unconventional like that again would be really cool. Maybe this can be done through the new safehouse feature. 

Edited by Kill_All_Monkeys

http://charlieintel.com/2015/08/27/new-details-on-zombies-leaked-in-bo3-beta-pc-files-theater-mode-campaign-references-and-more/

So it seems the PC files may be pointing towards a campaign mode or story mode within Black Ops 3 zombies after all, with the PC coding having been data mined. This could of course just be unused code but if there is going to be a campaign mode, and I am sure there is, then I doubt it will be on SoE or The Giant, so could this be more evidence to suggest a 3rd map or mode on launch?

I think so...

I just really hope they don't make it exactly like the regular campaign mode, if they made it like a story that you follow around and complete objectives etc I would like that. I hope if they do a campaign mode that it does zombies justice and isnt like their previous endeavor.

hello everyone long time no see!!! I've been currently working 7 days a week now so i can no longer drink and smoke/converse with you lot as much as i would... first up DBZ and GRILL bring up very strong points that I've wanted to talk about for a while.... SoE doesn't add up to this modern feel the "only the cursed survive" poster has to it. i know a lot of the members here think its just a relation to all the players being sinners (remember this is only speculation by fans). Its VERY common for treyarch to relate maps to others, fuck even nuke town and tranzit had a shit load in common as much as everyone shits on them (atomic and nuclear bombs and the making of). I'm sorry i don't have enough time to do this but i suggest we all as a community go through the SoE trailer and try and find a zombie that looks like  "only the cursed survive" man.... or otherwise DBZ you dickhead might be on to something. as i say.. research the facts.. not speculation. love ya's! 

i wouldn't take too much from the sound files aswell.... this is new generation with an old way of thinking, treyarch know how to throw things in for us that will put us off track as well as keep us in perfect alignment... they are like their own government... anything can change. treyarch said everything is related in the zombies universe... if they have a campaign mode from launch set in exo/future/black ops 3 style its either gotta be set after buried.... or have the ending of the zombies storyline already played out before the future dlc.... wrap your minds around that muthafuckers! but i still luv yas! 

Edited by BennetsGreen

So are we still allowed to discuss the audio files now that they have been removed? Says on the link that a DMCA notice was served by Treyarch. Given the files that had been uploaded initially, I thought this was intentional as they really didn't give much away but there was a file uploaded that if genuine, was story related to The Giant so I assume this  is now a leak?

So are we still allowed to discuss the audio files now that they have been removed? Says on the link that a DMCA notice was served by Treyarch. Given the files that had been uploaded initially, I thought this was intentional as they really didn't give much away but there was a file uploaded that if genuine, was story related to The Giant so I assume this  is now a leak?

As long as CharlieINTEL is reporting on in then we can discuss it but I think it's safe to say we will not be allowing any direct links to these audio files as long as Treyarch or Activision are pulling them down. It''s a bit hard not to discuss it though seeing as the entire community has already either heard or are aware of their existence and are discussing it everywhere else.

Ok cool , just didn't wanna post anything I shouldn't. Gotta admit, I was massively excited listening to those jingles and DOA songs last night, but there comes a point where too much information is going to spoil the game on launch. Did you hear the file I am referring to relating to The Giant? (may be fake).  Also there were all those sword quotes which I'm sure will be deciphered before the map has been played. If this is a leak, I am surprised they have been that naive.

As long as CharlieINTEL is reporting on in then we can discuss it but I think it's safe to say we will not be allowing any direct links to these audio files as long as Treyarch or Activision are pulling them down. It''s a bit hard not to discuss it though seeing as the entire community has already either heard or are aware of their existence and are discussing it everywhere else.

Yeah, we are in an era now where information can be disseminated so quickly through social media and what not, I think we definitely have needed to evolve our no leaks policy here.  Now that stuff like this is being shared on sites and YT channels that have strong positive relationships with the devs, I think we should be able to discuss it, report on it, etc.  I certainly don't see any harm in doing so, as long as we don't claim things as fact or confirmed that are only guesses or assumptions

Well from inspection I have not seen any of the CharlieINTEL threads on these data mines being taken down, only videos that show the actual coding or play any of the audio files so I think even ATVI are aware that these things are too wide spread now to demand people stop discussing them but are still actively striking any channels showing any of the content.

The problem with these kind of leaks is that there is community members who don't wish to have the game spoilt for them by reading any of this stuff or listening to the audio files so obviously we don't want to spoil it for those members and may have to insist on spoilers being added to threads discussing and early leaks.

Asides from 4-5 perk jingles I did not read up on any of the coding leaks or listen to any other audio clip. Didn't really have the time and was not overly interested either. Not much you can take from the coding seeing as BO2 had a shit ton that never got used and pointed towards much more within Tranzit for example that never got used so it's hard to judge what is and what is not going to actually be used.

Seems official now though that we will be getting another Nuketown MP map, titled Nuk3town 2065. Also hearing that it looks 99% certain we will be getting a zombie campaign mode now too. This is about all I have taken in outside of the jingles. Also heard today from a few Twitter accounts that we are supposedly getting a zombies beta next month. I will believe that when I see it though.