Could there be a third zombie map or mode on launch?

Ok, so up till now we have had the reveal of Shadows of Evil and the bonus map The Giant. Without buying a special edition the stock map would be Shadows of Evil and our main storyline getting a map that is potentially one not everyone would obtain and with it not being a stock map then it means the storyline is either no longer important and is being concluded with The Giant to appease those who set themselves on fire after completing Origins.

With that being said, a few things bother me. One is that I cannot really see the Shadows of Evil map carrying on in DLC so is it just another bonus map and we are still to see what the real map and new story mode is going to be? Two major hints we have been give but not overly discussed are as follows...

RCKLSS T-Shirt

hqdefault.jpg

Only the cursed survive

Zombies.jpg

What we have here is 2 zombie related images that were revealed that do not coincide with anything we have seen before, so are they linked to another zombie map or mode? The assumption is that the above image could be Misty. Whether it is or not, it's definitely not Heather Graham and not a character from The Giant obviously, so is the mystery woman linked to the 'Only the cursed survive' map or mode?

It seemed very strange to be getting a celebrity "break-away" map on launch and my guess is that this map is just an addition that is designed to beef up the zombie content and the real reveal has yet to happen. I am expecting a new map or mode that will be linked to these images.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would you not assume the Only the cursed survived is Shadows of Evil? remember , the shadow trailer says thier sins are what brought them there (or something) So one could presume they are the Cursed , and they are seemingly non-zombie , so ..only the cursed survive..?

I definitely think it's possible that "SoE" & "The Giant" aren't the only 2 maps. For he simple fact I did think it was rather odd that hey revealed both maps 5/6 months ahead of schedule. 

There's got to be something more. Another reason I say this is because ALL the big YouTube names made a video about that shirt being Misty. Even some of the guys who don't even play Zombies. That right there screams to me that the BOII crew are returning. I know a lot of you may think that sounds crazy, but just think about it. Drift0r, T-Martn, Ali-A, they don't play Zombies, but they made a video.

Even if it wasn't, I believe now it may be. I simply can't see only SoE on the base disc. They know that the fan base were displeased with TranShit being separated in survival maps. But who knows it is Treyarch were talking about. You just never know about them sometimes...

Very good point about the first image from the T-Shirt. I've been wondering about that myself too, actually.

However, the "Only the Cursed Survive" poster could just be for SoE. That symbol on the card (if someone could remind me what it's called, that would be great) is shown on the characters' hands during the SoE trailer, if you look close enough.

My guess is that the "only the cursed survive" is related to morg city what with the background and what not. 

Then I guess the reckless t-shirt as well means nothing of importance because sex sells. 

Then on the leaked info part of my mind: 

Don't read if you don't want to hear anything about a major leak every youtuber has found and claims is "legit": 

There is supposedly is a 3rd map. 

I definitely think it's possible that "SoE" & "The Giant" aren't the only 2 maps. For he simple fact I did think it was rather odd that hey revealed both maps 5/6 months ahead of schedule. 

There's got to be something more. Another reason I say this is because ALL the big YouTube names made a video about that shirt being Misty. Even some of the guys who don't even play Zombies. That right there screams to me that the BOII crew are returning. I know a lot of you may think that sounds crazy, but just think about it. Drift0r, T-Martn, Ali-A, they don't play Zombies, but they made a video.

I do agree that it's unusual for them to reveal Zombies a couple months earlier than usual, but Multiplayer and even Campaign (albeit by a few days) have all been revealed earlier than usual this year.

However, that isn't a lot to go by for the N4 to be coming back. I mean, Richtofen does show them their future in Buried and they're dead in it. And while Driftor, T-Martn and Ali-A are more known for being MP guys than Zombies, they do all cover the game as a whole, even though they focus more on the Multiplayer side of things.

• Administrators

Young and Reckless is a clothing company, who have used the shortened version RCKLSS on many articles of clothing. I don't think there is any significant meaning there. The symbol and mentioned of being cursed were all in the SOE reveal trailer (symbols seen in the "tentacle mode"). Although it is a fictional city, it seems to be loosely based on Chicago.

The mystery gluteus is still unknown.

Hoping for that extra map!

Honestly I don't trust any of the big youtubers. Bunch of ******* in my opinion. Although The possibility of a third map is debatable. Shadows of evil is not going to be the start of a new storyline. inf fact the story is going to link with MOTD and The original story. Then we have The Giant which is a bonus map which is unusual. 

The tranzit 4 are definitely not popular enough for treyarch to bring them back and they are not important enough in the story to warrant them being in the game at all. Logically we can rule out that ass belonging to misty. 

However due to the info released so far we can safely assume without a doubt that The Giant and SOE have one thing in common. This is the connection to the Original story. Which means that we are still continuing to unravel the mysteries of the original storyline. The puzzling thing is The Giant. If the main storyline is being continued and connected to the other maps then why isn't it in the Disc? Perhaps there is a third map. 

There are 2 possible time periods this potential 3rd map can take place if it exists. Either

A. It is a prequel to the Giant Showing us how we got there. Or...

B. It will be a Sequel to the Giant showing us what happens next. Meaning that The Giant is indeed a Prequel just like Nuketown was to Tranzit.

Considering it's been 3 years since they started making the game and their emphasis on Zombies this time around It's possible there really will be a 3rd map. Just don't take my word for it. Could be wrong and all we get is SOE and The Giant

Edited by Hells Warrrior
Removed profanity

Well here's my problem with Buried. We know Richtofens ending couldn't be cannon. For the fact that, the only use he had for the N4 was to be his puppets. Along with he fact that during his side of the Quest you go to Infinte and see your dead bodies lying all over. So basically he just kept bringing them back to life over & over, forever. 

However with Maxis side of the Quest. During his endgame he blows up Earth, it turns all red & he enters the Aether. It never indicates that we stay there. Sure one could assume that's the case. But even if so that would still leave Maxis in control. 

I think a third map could be possible for this storyline. Unless all of this has been discussed & concluded. Sorry for such a rant. I just don't like the way BOII ended, with both the O4 & N4.

I think there will be a third map if they have time perhaps or it might be shafted to DLC 1 - i read that somewhere, may not be true but it is possible, it does seem odd to reveal all the zombies stuff this early, thats always been a September onwards thing. As for cut and paste maps from the main big map - im not opposed to this, as when Blundell took the lead for MOTD, they made cell block for grief and they actually put some effort into it at least by adding in some perks, removing jugg, adding the wall weapons you couldnt buy into the box like the M1927, the dog feeding was changed, they customized it, and thats probably why the cell block grief is most popular. Buried Borough is ok, but lacked any customization to it and is basically playing buried without worrying about leroy and having to setup. So im down for the cut and paste maps when there not entirely cut and paste - kinda gutted origins didnt have a cut off section. I think SoE will be like MOTD, a one-off sequelish map, just because the map had such high appraisal, and the giant is the sequel to origins which overall had high appraisal, but it being a small map and not really important its given the bonus pay extra treatment. Then of course we have where we are next going, somewhere new in a map not yet revealed.

Richtofen didn't really show the N4 their future, though. He showed them their future if they didn't put the switch onto the stocks - they died with the switch, which is why you had to search their dead bodies for it. Simply by making the decision to continue the Easter Egg they changed their fate. With either ending, whether Buried is their final resting place is unknown.

• Administrators

Richtofen didn't really show the N4 their future, though. He showed them their future if they didn't put the switch onto the stocks - they died with the switch, which is why you had to search their dead bodies for it. Simply by making the decision to continue the Easter Egg they changed their fate. With either ending, whether Buried is their final resting place is unknown.

Yes this ^

It is entirely possible that both endings are cannon. Assuming the Giant is the Maxis path, he has taken control of the aether's power and altered reality. Note* He didn't blow up the earth-"I regret to inform you that neither the Earth or it's people will survive". This indicates they will meet some end, but he didn't set off any additional nukes or anything.

In the Richtofen ending he reenters the physical realm. What we may be in for is dueling timelines in the proposed third map. Richtofen trying to regain control in Samuel's body (possibly linking up with the O4 on the moon (I can dream)).

I definitely wouldn't discount any of our storyline yet.

Man, a 3rd map would be epic. 

We can rule out the "Only the Cursed Survive" poster as SoE, because of the Chicago skyline on the bottom. Shadows of Evil is set in Chicago:  http://mp1st.com/2015/07/09/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-zombies-shadows-of-evil-the-giant-revealed-includes-new-returning-cast/#.VcgOQXBHaK1

Edit: NVM

i honestly don't know how I'd feel about seeing the N4 again. They just don't have the charm factor of the O4 (and celebrity characters). I get they were going for the "regular people" vibe, but I'd imagine they are distancing themselves from that storyline.

hoping to see more on this. Loving the responses in this thread, too.

Edited by GRILL

Ok, sorry I was always under the assumption that Richtofen made them his pets, keeping them there forever. Thus the name Buried. But what you guys have stated makes sense as well. 

I also didn't really know what happened to the earth once Maxis gained control. I always just assumed (again making an ass out of you and me) that rockets hit the Earth. Simply for the color the screen turns, is similar to what happened during the end of Moons quest. 

But it's nice to learn something new about the storyline & not be belittled in the process. One question though.

When Maxis gains control & the screen goes red why is that. Does he have that amount of power, could he possibly be the thing that is far worse in the MPD. Richtofen didn't make the screen Blue, Samantha didn't make it Yellow/Orange (sorry colorblind). So why did it change when Maxis took control. If I'm not mistaken didn't his voice even change. Like it became more Demonic?

• Administrators

Ok, sorry I was always under the assumption that Richtofen made them his pets, keeping them there forever. Thus the name Buried. But what you guys have stated makes sense as well. 

I also didn't really know what happened to the earth once Maxis gained control. I always just assumed (again making an ass out of you and me) that rockets hit the Earth. Simply for the color the screen turns, is similar to what happened during the end of Moons quest. 

But it's nice to learn something new about the storyline & not be belittled in the process. One question though.

When Maxis gains control & the screen goes red why is that. Does he have that amount of power, could he possibly be the thing that is far worse in the MPD. Richtofen didn't make the screen Blue, Samantha didn't make it Yellow/Orange (sorry colorblind). So why did it change when Maxis took control. If I'm not mistaken didn't his voice even change. Like it became more Demonic?

No definitive answer, on the change to the skies above. We don't have a clear understanding of the breadth of his powers, after he gains access to agartha. Maxis was shot and never entered the MPD, assuming something residing far before the events at Der Riese. Prior to the ending he was communicating through electronic devices only, post he was able to directly communicate with them.

The only thing I think we may get is the same deal we got with TranZit. Sub-sections of Morg City with their own Survival/Grief/Turned areas. I just feel any extra maps are just up for DLC now. I really think Nuketown Zombies and The Giant could've been on disc, but having pre-order DLC seems to be a trend now.

No definitive answer, on the change to the skies above. We don't have a clear understanding of the breadth of his powers, after he gains access to agartha. Maxis was shot and never entered the MPD, assuming something residing far before the events at Der Riese. Prior to the ending he was communicating through electronic devices only, post he was able to directly communicate with them.

Ok thanx for clearing that up. I knew in BOII he (Maxis) always communicated thru the electrical devices. Wasn't that the sole purpose of TranShit. I remember something on Die Rise when you first spawn, Maxis saying something about "Via Electronic Devices." I just never really understood why he only communicated thru them.

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying that.

whats up with RCKLSS ? it clearly reads as reckless , but whats the significance with the acronym...whats it REALLY mean?

p.p.s. Play it again Sam,....Play Misty for me....

anyone got any more for the last two names?

Its a clothing brand.  "Young and Reckless"  but they often omit the vowels because that is what the kids say is cool and hip these days.

But honestly i do think that "Only the Cursed Survive" is related to Shadow of Evil.  Not saying that there won't be a 3rd map on launch, but i don't think that the only the cursed survive is related to it

whats up with RCKLSS ? it clearly reads as reckless , but whats the significance with the acronym...whats it REALLY mean?

Its a clothing brand.  "Young and Reckless"  but they often omit the vowels because that is what the kids say is cool and hip these days.

But honestly i do think that "Only the Cursed Survive" is related to Shadow of Evil.  Not saying that there won't be a 3rd map on launch, but i don't think that the only the cursed survive is related to it

yeah @Boom filled us in on the clothing brand. I like how you sound like a grandpa when you say "the kids" (dont worry I do it too).

And as I said above, "Only the Cursed Survive" poster is absolutely related to SoE: the bottom of the poster is a Chicago skyline (we figured this out within days of the poster being revealed), and SoE is set in 1940's Chicago.

NVM

Edited by GRILL

yeah @Boom filled us in on the clothing brand. I like how you sound like a grandpa when you say "the kids" (dont worry I do it too).

And as I said above, "Only the Cursed Survive" poster is absolutely related to SoE: the bottom of the poster is a Chicago skyline (we figured this out within days of the poster being revealed), and SoE is set in 1940's Chicago.

lol well I say it somewhat ironically since i'm not even 30 yet, but there are times when i see/hear teenagers talking and i feel like they are speaking a different language ;)