ATVI Have Yet To Support Xbone BC?!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend suggested that it might be due to some games being planned for a remaster but I think the fact that they arent getting backwards compatibility is weird. I wouldn't just blame them either, it may have been xboxs decision.

My friend suggested that it might be due to some games being planned for a remaster but I think the fact that they arent getting backwards compatibility is weird. I wouldn't just blame them either, it may have been xboxs decision.

It definitely wont have been Xboxs decision, when they were asked about it, they said go ask Activision. But an update said Microsoft were in positive talks with all publishers, so im hoping they're still negotiating.

It definitely wont have been Xboxs decision, when they were asked about it, they said go ask Activision. But an update said Microsoft were in positive talks with all publishers, so im hoping they're still negotiating.

Oh wow I didn't know that, thanks. I hope so too, Activision are big publishers so having the two be on bad terms would worry me very much with games that aren't just COD.

Yep, exactly what I expected. Eric Hirshberg did say that he would like to see a remaster of the Modern Warfare trilogy, and the first Black Ops, like NV touched upon. What's better from a business standpoint?

A: Allow backwards-compatibility for Activisions games. Activision don't lose anything, but also aren't gaining anything.

B: Release remasters of their games and more than likely make a profit.

You realise that they are trying to sell Call Of Duty's that are basically map packs of previous games right? Allowing backwards compatibility, might hurt their future games sales.

And if they ever decide to do a remaster pack, then it would again hurt the sales of that. It's really a no benefit thing for Activision.

For example, let's say they add all the COD'S and dlcs to the backwards compatibility, and 3arc decides to rerelease Moon, or Acension (like the Giant), it really takes away a lot of the anouncements enthusiasm. 

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

I've heard from very good sources that we will see some classic CoD's with backwards compatibility. 

@cameronmines on twitter who's got great sources also publicly was tweeting about not being able to wait to play classic cod on his XB1, and he's usually pretty spot on. 

Very good sources? That means nothing when all in the cod community there are people claiming to know information when its either fake, made up or just good guessing based off of what is happening. 

I've heard from very good sources that we will see some classic CoD's with backwards compatibility. 

@cameronmines on twitter who's got great sources also publicly was tweeting about not being able to wait to play classic cod on his XB1, and he's usually pretty spot on. 

ive yet to be convinced.

What is everyones thoughts on this? I'd so love to play BO1/2 on current gen, i think it could be a good marketing strategy to promote BO3 tbh. But typical ATVI may not allow it.

not to rebuy it no. they should just make it backwards compatible but activision are greedy so not likely if it had new features or perks on next gen then ok but not the same shit in the maps the new consoles are not limited. plus ok this is abit off topic say like with advanced warfare they restricted the blunderbus is it within exo zombies? they come out with the whole bs of "memory restrictions" i dont believe that for one minute just seems like propaganda its just a damn weapon lol. nothing that big or special. so if nothing is new whats the point in buying it if all they do is change it graphically??

What is everyones thoughts on this? I'd so love to play BO1/2 on current gen, i think it could be a good marketing strategy to promote BO3 tbh. But typical ATVI may not allow it.

not to rebuy it no. they should just make it backwards compatible but activision are greedy so not likely if it had new features or perks on next gen then ok but not the same shit in the maps the new consoles are not limited. plus ok this is abit off topic say like with advanced warfare they restricted the blunderbus is it within exo zombies? they come out with the whole bs of "memory restrictions" i dont believe that for one minute just seems like propaganda its just a damn weapon lol. nothing that big or special. so if nothing is new whats the point in buying it if all they do is change it graphically??

The amount of memory on last-gen is the reason the 3 new AW weapons can't be put on 360/PS3. The 360's memory is a measly 512 MB, and there's only so much you can do, and add to the game with memory that low. So, no it isn't some sort of Activision conspiracy.

360 that's a no. Thats why there was confusion about the "Big Game" achievement. The 360 achievements have you killing Oz with a Lynx, where the XB1 achievement has you killing Oz with a blunderbuss. 

yep i find it funny they blame it on hardware or the memory to add more guns. which is bullshit and just a gimmick to make people buy it on the xb1 for the blunderbuss its just a gun i dont even believe it for one minute

In their defense, next gen is the way of the future. Hanging on to 10 year old hardware isn't really wise. 

defense my ass we should get the gun either way. them claiming hardware is the problem is pathetic for one damn gun its utter bs but then anything to get more sales on next gen i suppose. way to treat us eh lol but oh well shit happens i suppose

It's also a massive hassle for them to hire another studio to port a game to 10 year old technology. That's NOT cheep in the slightest, and the 360 and PS3 sales arn't really worth it either. 

port a game? this is about a gun not the game lol .... what you said makes no sense aw is already on 360 its just a gun skinned no problem adding it i think they are lying but not like it matters i dont play it anyway its more of a ball ache than enjoyment lol

I disagree actually, the Blunderbuss is far more effective than the cauterizer, the Blunderbuss was still giving me 1 hit kills on round 25 unupgraded, whilst the .cauterizer was requiring 3 hits to kill one zombie at mk 2. The best guns to have on Descent imo are the Blunderbuss and the Trident.