Missing Eclipse

I was playing Der Riese yesterday with my friend on public match and we spawned in to see that the Eclipse was missing. It was really odd to have something like that disappear from the map completely which you are so used to. The map was a bit darker as well which I thought was cool. In the space where the Eclipse was it was completely black, I took a few pictures with my phone from different areas around the map so that is why the terrible quality is there. Has anyone else had this glitch? It didn't carry over to the next game either because I went into another one and there was the Eclipse.

Catwalk:

d79358780a2ef5e9195a46834f90d9d6.png

(The yellow light is from my lamp ignore it).

Spawn:

bec0dae2802adeed69636d1974ae4226.png

Speed Cola:

e7325e655747f712a3bb7f9a0c2b03e0.png

Power Switch:

e9ee660e9c0c48d95048e9a6395a6bfc.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only truthfully see this as a glitch. Probably nothing too big. If this were an evident sort of thing, you'd think Treyarch would go as far as updating the game just to implement this, or maybe other things on other maps, into the game.

I saw a video where people said being in split screen causes things to disappear from the map because it happened to them. I am not sure about the other two people in my game but if they were split screen then that may be the cause.

Yeah Split-Screen has some really weird glitches. I'm guessing since it has to render the game a second time it can have some odd outcomes. I've had the eclipse on Der Riese disappear a couple of times, CotD, P2 started with no gun and had their hands out like holding a rifle. The sky on Shangri-La seemed to remove the cloud textures, Buried had the center of P2's screen completely black for some reason, but the first quarter and last quarter of the screen weren't. So weird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...