Double XP in Zombies from Doritos, Mountain Dew & Monster

UPDATE: The same promotion will be ran in Europe by Monster Energy from October 31st - March 31st and it appears the XP system will only apply to Shadows Of Evil

The Zombies mode in Black Ops III features its own XP progression system for fans – a first for the Call of Duty franchise – adding greater depth and more re-playability to the Zombies gameplay that players have come to expect. Starting in early October, fans in the U.S. can collect codes from specially marked packages of DEW and Doritos products to redeem points and earn up to 30 minutes of exclusive Zombies Double XP per day as well as the chance to win other great prizes.

“DEW and Doritos are excited to take the ‘Fuel Up for Battle’ program to a new level by giving gamers for the first time Double XP in Zombies mode,” said Greg Lyons, vice president of marketing, Mountain Dew. “Gaming is in our brand’s DNA, and partnering with Doritos to bring one-of-a kind gaming promotions and exclusive opportunities to our fans is something we are very proud of.”

“The DEW and Doritos ‘Fuel Up for Battle’ promotion is another example of PepsiCo’s strength in building integrated food and beverage marketing campaigns,” said Jeff Klein, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. “We are delighted to engage consumers with exclusive experiences through our unmatched brands in combination with blockbuster video games.”

Mountain Dew is bringing back tried and true gamer-favorite – Mtn Dew Game Fuel Citrus Cherry – and a new flavor – Mtn Dew Game Fuel Berry Lime – for a limited time only. Both products will hit shelves in the U.S., starting October 5 and will also be available via online retailers all year long.

Edited by LiamFTWinter
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with @Matuzz

tactics like this are incredibly low brow, I'm surprised 3arc allows them.

"eat 10 bags of Doritos and get a new EE step!"

I know I probably sound like some granola hipster, but why does it always have to be junk food?  How awful would it be to add an incentive for eating healthy? Humans these days ingest so much crap, especially Doritos and Mtn Dew.

partner with a f***ing apple company, I don't know!

i hate this bullshit.  I don't mind extras, but not when it adds to the mass of our society eating chemicals.

I completely agree with @Matuzz

tactics like this are incredibly low brow, I'm surprised 3arc allows them.

"eat 10 bags of Doritos and get a new EE step!"

I know I probably sound like some granola hipster, but why does it always have to be junk food?  How awful would it be to add an incentive for eating healthy? Humans these days ingest so much crap, especially Doritos and Mtn Dew.

partner with a f***ing apple company, I don't know!

i hate this bullshit.  I don't mind extras, but not when it adds to the mass of our society eating chemicals.

apple eaters aren't their target audience 

Edited by LiamFTWinter

C'mon @LiamFTWinter you know an apple a day keeps the zombie away.

I agree though, apples was just the first thing that came to my mind.

But I mean, their target audience comprises a VAST amount of different people from around the world.  Surely some care about not shoveling garbage into their gobs?

And it's not that I don't like having a junk food snack every once in awhile.  But like, copious bags of Doritos and bottles of Mountain Dew, is that really a way to foster a fanbase?

I dunno just getting philosophical here.  Sorry for the granola rant.

But I mean, their target audience comprises a VAST amount of different people from around the world.  Surely some care about not shoveling garbage into their gobs?

And it's not that I don't like having a junk food snack every once in awhile.  But like, copious bags of Doritos and bottles of Mountain Dew, is that really a way to foster a fanbase?

PLZ PARTNER WITH CHIPOTLE NEXT TIME I WILL HAVE A MILLION XP

• Moderators

Preach it brother.

• Administrators

Cater to an audience that will legit eat an apple for Double XP < Cater to an already pro-Doritos and pro-Mountain Dew audience to add onto the infamous gamer stereotype

C'mon guys, this is Marketing 101. In order to appeal to the gamer, you gotta think like one. Whoever is working Treyarch/Activision PR is genius.

Edited by InfestLithium

“Gaming is in our brand’s DNA, and partnering with Doritos to bring one-of-a kind gaming promotions and exclusive opportunities to our fans is something we are very proud of.”

You are very proud to pump Salt & Sugar into adolescent children. Good job Pepsi!

And only available for American consumers! Bullsh*t. Maybe you Americans just need some help with your XP leveling up! (Jokes)

Although I'm pretty certain this this promo was available here in Oz when Black Ops came out.

I was in America December 2010 & emailed some codes to my mate back here in Oz & they still worked. They were like 10 minutes of 2XP. Maybe we can buy the codes off you guys?

Personally I won't ever use this because I don't like the idea of having double xp in zombies. I want to earn everything I can in zombies with my own blood, sweat and tears with absolutely no shortcuts. Nothing against other people using it, but I just don't think there should be shortcuts like that in zombies. Though I'm sure double xp will now carry over to zombies because of this when they do it with the regular multiplayer every so often.

Personally I won't ever use this because I don't like the idea of having double xp in zombies. I want to earn everything I can in zombies with my own blood, sweat and tears with absolutely no shortcuts. Nothing against other people using it, but I just don't think there should be shortcuts like that in zombies. Though I'm sure double xp will now carry over to zombies because of this when they do it with the regular multiplayer every so often.

Yeah that's cool and all, but I personally don't like grinding. Double XP is good for me. 

• Administrators

Who cares? Like why even announce this so many months in advance, as if people are going to be so excited about this anyways.

CoD fans are always happy for XP. And with Zombies getting a new progression system? Yeah, having Double XP on launch to get ahead of everyone and see what's in store is kinda really a big deal. Perhaps not for you, but then again, you don't speak on the behalf of those who love the level-up progression.