Box type

Ok, so in the SOE trailer we see, as to be expected, a box location, but no box. However we ALSO briefly see a green-blue box light color similar to the normal box light.

So, what kind of box are we talking about? The MOTD one had a fiery empty location and a red-orange box-light. Origins had a green-blue box light, just as richtofen and sam had, but had an empty location more similar to mob of the dead's. So now we get a normal empty box location, but a green-and-blue box light... What's going on? It's HEAVILY hinted that this is hell... So why is (I presume) samantha in charge? Does she have dominion over the damned now? (That is an excellent title, someone use that) 

Edited by Stop mocking me0
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's "confirmed" that the Shadow Man is the announcer. I assumed he was just an additional character with spoken lines. We've had that before with George for example. The zombies have yellow eyes after all. I think it looks like a mix of hell stuff and things known to be in the main dimension (samantha for instance) so I'm thinking it's more of a literal "hell on earth." Like it's in the real world (sam's world) but with hell stuff spilling out into it, to actively "hunt" the characters in their own world. 

As for the box itself, we've seen BO3 guns AND WaW guns in players' hands so far. The normal wooden mystery box usually only has a single era's guns primarily. The only 2 boxes with that much diversity thus far are MotD and Origins, so I assume the box will be one of those, or made to look fancy in a new fitting way. 

Well something to keep in mind is that we can see in the trailer is that the empty box location has the boxes with the teddy bear on top just like every map with the classic mystery box. So unless they plan on breaking the trend now, my money is on classic mystery box for the time being. However, it is quite possible that is just a placeholder and the real box location "stand" is yet to be implemented into the game. 

My friend had the idea of a different version of the box in each area. Like the original box in one area then the Mob of the Dead one in another. I know that won't probably be what it is but I thought it was very interesting.

Personally I think it'd be cool to get a new box design on all maps, then the final DLC releases and we see our beloved creat again. 

Really? I really don't like the original box anymore and I am getting annoyed at seeing that teddy bear that is really badly textured.

Personally I think it'd be cool to get a new box design on all maps, then the final DLC releases and we see our beloved creat again. 

Really? I really don't like the original box anymore and I am getting annoyed at seeing that teddy bear that is really badly textured.

Solution: Have Treyarch focus all time and effort on making sure that damn teddy bear looks realistic.

As for the Mystery Box's appearance, a new look for each map seems unlikely to me. What I would like instead would be a new Mystery Box appearance that we haven't seen before in each map and have that become the new default look.