Marlton Mystery

BombProof

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before and I may even be late to the party, but I was playing 'Green Run, TranZit' and found something very interesting. I think there is more to the TranZit characters than we thought (particularly Marlton). I'm sure you're all aware of the easter egg, where you find 'Nacht Der Untoten' in the map. Did anyone ever pay any attention to what the characters say when they find it? 

I was playing as Marlton and when I went to 'Nacht Der Untoten', this is what he said: "This is a place I don't want to remember." The fact that he says he doesn't want to remember this place, means he's been there before, right?

I guess my question is: do you think this has anything to do with Marlton's history or the zombies storyline, or does it just trigger the person playing to remember the classic map from WaW?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know little of his past, we know he was some form of scientist and at some point he got to Nuketown. I think its likely that he could have had some involvement with investigating Nacht after the first outbreak there. I am surprised people don't find it weird that their are Nazi's in America at that point. Also someone who seriously looks like Marlton appears in the mural and loading screen on Ascension.

We all know that marlton was in that shelter on nuketown well how did marlton survive in that shelter about 80 (moon and nuketown are in the 60s) yearsuntil 2025 where tranzit is

Illuminati confirmed.

EDIT: Or just time travel... confirmed.

Edited by alexthingy

He survived because Tranzit is in the 60s as well.

TranZit is in the 2025s.

Die Rise has been proven to have been in that time frame. So unless you want to say that the Earth was already blown up by the time of Call of the Dead, and that the N4 had time traveled to get to Die Rise...

TranZit is in the 2025s.

Die Rise has been proven to have been in that time frame. So unless you want to say that the Earth was already blown up by the time of Call of the Dead, and that the N4 had time traveled to get to Die Rise...

1 Poster proves it when 115 brings things through time? There is no backing for that claim whatsoever.

TranZit is in the 2025s.

1 Poster proves it when 115 brings things through time? There is no backing for that claim whatsoever

Wait i got mixed up. Kino and CotD is 2011 i think i might be wrong but i know there not in the 60s but the moon and nuketown are. Why isnt the earth blown up in kino and CotD

Edited by xXCHRIS74521Xx

115 brings things through time sure, but so far only through gates or portals or other supercharged devices, such as the mystery box.

Are you really trying to assert that a single poster in a skyscraper (I believe some of the buildings visible had completion dates past the 1960s as well, but THAT I don't remember a direct source for off the top of my head) was brought through time by 115 and hung neatly on the wall?

There is proof to back up my claim. The poster. 

It is much more likely that the BO2 maps take place in the 20XX era rather than the idea that a single poster (and maybe some buildings) were displaced in time without disrupting any objects that already would have been occupying the space that those 'future' objects were moved to.

I'm pretty sure Moon was after CotD as well, TranZit is obviously after Moon.

Regardless TranZit is obviously after CotD.

CotD isn't blown up.

TranZit is not in the 60s.

Edited by MegaAfroMan

TranZit is in the 2025s.

1 Poster proves it when 115 brings things through time? There is no backing for that claim whatsoever

Wait i got mixed up. Kino and CotD is 2011 i think i might be wrong but i know there not in the 60s but the moon and nuketown are. Why isnt the earth blown up in kino and CotD

Kino is actually in the 60's, however CotD is in 2011. CotD wasn't blown up, because the events of Moon hadn't actually taken place yet.

TranZit is in the 2025s.

Kino is actually in the 60's, however CotD is in 2011. CotD wasn't blown up, because the events of Moon hadn't actually taken place yet.

well moon was before CotD. CotD should be blown up

As far as MY knowledge of the chronology of maps goes, it is like this:

Verrukt/Nacht (not sure which is first, but Nacht barely matters)

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

*TIME WARP!!!!*

Kino

FIVE/Ascension

CotD

Shangri La

Moon/Nuketown

*INSERT HIATUS*

TranZit

Die Rise

Buried

Mob and Origins are kind of 'outside' time as we know it, but if you were to look at things strictly linearly, they'd be before Verruckt.

I'm not really sure where people are getting this idea that Moon is in the 60s from.

Edited by MegaAfroMan

Also someone who seriously looks like Marlton appears in the mural and loading screen on Ascension.

It's probably Gersch or Yuri, but whoever it is, it definitely isn't Marlton.

It's Yuri or the left of the Ascension poster and it is Gersch on the right hand side getting trapped inside the Kasimir Mechanism by Yuri. It resembles Marlton but it's not him.

As far as MY knowledge of the chronology of maps goes, it is like this:

Verrukt/Nacht (not sure which is first, but Nacht barely matters)

Shi No Numa

Der Riese

*TIME WARP!!!!*

Kino

FIVE/Ascension

CotD

Shangri La

Moon/Nuketown

*INSERT HIATUS*

TranZit

Die Rise

Buried

Mob and Origins are kind of 'outside' time as we know it, but if you were to look at things strictly linearly, they'd be before Verruckt.

I'm not really sure where people are getting this idea that Moon is in the 60s from.

moon and nuketown happen at the same time on the nuketown loading screen it says 1965 i think it says it as well on the call of duty wiki

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators
On 7/25/2015, 4:29:16, xXCHRIS74521Xx said:

moon and nuketown happen at the same time on the nuketown loading screen it says 1965 i think it says it as well on the call of duty wiki

Just so you're aware, the date for Nuketown isn't listed anywhere explicitly, such as the loading screen.  Additionally, it's probably best to stay away from the CoD Wiki for a lot of stuff haha.  They're notorious for incorrect information.  However, if you want a great thread on the prospect that Moon and Nuketown are in the 1960s, and more discussion in general, check here.