4 seconds of ingame footage and possible new perk

I still like the idea of multiple starting weapons, because we do see the mauser being used, and there's a suspicious snub pistol we see in SOE. We see the pistol a LOT in the trailer, which is typically a characteristic of a typical starting weapon, but I could just be imagining things. 

Personally, I would love to see the XP progression system unlock different starting pistols, each with their own pros and cons. The M1911 and Mauser, while carbon copies of each other pre-upgrade, are vastly different when PaP'd, and while I personally prefer Boomhilda over Mustang and Sally (even with PhD), I'm sure there are many who would disagree with me. By putting both of these options in for players to choose from, we'd see more variety in how people play. Even more so if they were to add in new options, like the MR6. Perhaps, for example, the MR6 is more powerful than the M1911 and Mauser pre-upgrade and is actually capable of killing zombies reliably in the first five rounds or so. This would give one the advantage of having a weapon that can kill right off the bat without the need to buy a wall weapon, but comes at the disadvantage of not being as useful for early-round point-building and, perhaps, an inferior upgrade compared to the other two. Hell, maybe there could be an option to start out with only a combat knife BOII multiplayer style, with the benefit of faster knifing, faster mobility, and perhaps a small point bonus at the beginning of the game. Just a thought, I'm worried about the XP system bringing in features that make the game too easy, but things like this that would bring more variety and choice into the game without changing the core gameplay would be welcome to me.

Also, hey CoDz guys, it's been a while :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be pretty cool if you could choose you starting weapon in the menu.

You could choose:the M1911,the Mauser, the MR6 or some other pistol
 But they have the same amount of ammo and the damage is equall or maybe one weapon has more ammo but deals less damage

But i doubt that they would do that

It could just be moved to the box? I highly doubt they'll remove mustang and sally...I was never a terribly huge fan of the weapon because I didn't have the skill to train and not kill myself. But it's a staple of zombies, and to my knowledge, has been the weapon of choice for the players that try to set records.

Or even better, put it up on the wall(the starting pistol, not actual M&S) so you guys can buy ammo at will! I dunno, removing that weapon just doesn't seem plausible to me, it's like taking out boarding windows(cough*AW*cough) or making the mystery box a pirate chest...I'm putting my bets on seeing Mustang and Sally.

Edited by Tattoo247

It could just be moved to the box? I highly doubt they'll remove mustang and sally...I was never a terribly huge fan of the weapon because I didn't have the skill to train and not kill myself. But it's a staple of zombies, and to my knowledge, has been the weapon of choice for the players that try to set records.

Or even better, put it up on the wall(the starting pistol, not actual M&S) so you guys can buy ammo at will! I dunno, removing that weapon just doesn't seem plausible to me, it's like taking out boarding windows(cough*AW*cough) or making the mystery box a pirate chest...I'm putting my bets on seeing Mustang and Sally.

I doubt they'ed put a starter weapon on the box or in the wall

Wait... Stop... Reverse that... 

We've never been able to get a starter weapon from anything other then the dig-sites on Origins. Maybe we'll see the return of something like that? 

• Moderators

I doubt they'ed put a starter weapon on the box or in the wall

Wait... Stop... Reverse that... 

We've never been able to get a starter weapon from anything other then the dig-sites on Origins. Maybe we'll see the return of something like that? 

I am pretty sure the M1911 was in the box in MotD. Or my mind is playing tricks on me.

M1911 has never been obtainable by any means besides starting with it (or dying and respawning with it). Mauser could be obtained from dig spots if one chose to get rid of it. But either way, they couldn't put an M1911 or a Mauser on the wall, because that would allow players to buy ammo, both for the unupgraded versions in the early rounds to rack up an insane amount of points, and in the upgraded versions to slay an unfair number of trains. Also, part of the challenge of obtaining M&S and Boomhilda is that you have to hold on to an essentially useless weapon (as far as killing goes) until you have enough points to PaP it. Being able to get rid of it for a better weapon and then just get it back when you're ready to upgrade seems kinda cheap - I'm looking at you too, Origins.

TL;DR: Putting a starter weapon on the wall would make things very easy, the best way to fairly include options for starting weapons is by allowing players to choose their starting weapon at the beginning of the game.

• Moderators

... You've gone insane. There is no M1911 in any box. 

hahaha

You can see it in the weapon cycle when you open the box but it is not obtainable.

So I am just partly insane.

Edited by Lenne

... You've gone insane. There is no M1911 in any box. 

hahaha

You can see it in the weapon cycle when you open the box but it is not obtainable.

So I am just partly insane.

I was going to say that (not the insane part lol) I've seen the 1911 in the box cycle, but never heard of anyone getting it.

If they do add it back into the game, I hope they get their perspectives right. I almost bought a m1911 and it was way bigger than I thought it was going to be. I have banana hands and it was still pretty large, not ideal for conceal and carry...but was awesome looking, especially when they let me attach the silencer. They look like water guns in Black ops though lol