left 4 dead campaign style?

Hello everyone! 

I wanted to bring up a prettyimportant point that seems to keep popping up. 

The description for the map says that this will be a massive new world. Naturally, this can mean a few locations linked together like tranzit or like origins, where each location has its own specific theme or function. 

This leads to me to believe we could be looking at a Left 4 Dead style campaign. 

Havent played L4D? Basically, there are several zombie campaigns that have 4-5 missions and each mission has a set location. You can play through the entire section or merely choose a specific mission. 

I do not want that is zombies personally. I like an open ended survival zombies i am used to. However, what i would love to see is that there is a mission mode and a campaign story. 

Mission mode is devoted to standard survival.

campaign mode is the maps in mission mode but all strung together.

what do you guys think?

Edited by AlphaOmega
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It kind of feels like to me that we're going to get more than just the standard survival maps (and various side game modes) with this one because the map appears to have a very large scale to it as well as the trailer having a lot of cinematic moments in it. However at this point after so many years I'm doubtful in there ever being any sort of campaign mode for zombies. I would be interested in playing something that strings the maps together with a strong focus on completing objectives rather than survival, but would that really be something we would want to play again after doing so once already? It sounds fun but a lot of people don't even make it all the way through the main campaign, so I don't believe a zombie campaign is going to work out the way myself and many others here would hope.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

What is this from?

Hmm, looks like the SDCC Panel to me. Although, The Black Lace Burlesque sign seems to appear different, colour-wise, compared to what we saw in the trailer. It's possible this was just concept art that Treyarch showed to the audience.

On 18/07/2015 21:20:33, AlphaOmega said:

The description for the map says that this will be a massive new world. Naturally, this can mean a few locations linked together like transhit (tranzit) or like origins, where each location has its own specific theme or function.

I know this is not on-topic but can we just drop this petty name calling please? You may not like the map but many of us did and I think it is extremely disrespectful to carry this vile name going on 3 years now.

We are better than this here on CoDZ.

2 hours ago, DeathBringerZen said:

I know this is not on-topic but can we just drop this petty name calling pleasing? You may not like the map but many of us did and I think it is extremely disrespectful to carry this vile name going on 3 years now.

We are better than this here on CoDZ.

My apologies.