Trying To Make "The Giant" Clearer

BombProof

I just listened to a bunch of radios again to try and make "The Giant" trailer a little clearer for myself mainly, because I am even more confused than I was before. Everything below is basically all theory, based on the radios I've analyzed. Feel free to correct me, I'm still learning the storyline. Please, add your own thoughts to help make this new trailer clearer, because despite what I've done below, it's still a brain scrambling concept to understand.

This post is going to be a mess, addressing different things at random, so forgive me for that. Thanks for reading (and/or correcting my mistakes).

You hear the radio which supposedly kicks off "The Giant" trailer: MaxisSamanthaRichtofen.

"... What? Edward, what are you doing? Open the door! Edward, open this door now! Dad, I'm scared. God, no. Stay by me, Samantha. Goodbye, Dr. Maxis. *Laughter*-"

Only problem is, you hear a hellhound during this radio, and you don't in the new trailer, and Samantha's wording is slightly off, she only cries on the trailer, she doesn't talk. This either means that Treyarch made a subtle mistake, or it is a different universe, or this is a different version of the same account because of how many times this scene has repeated itself because of time loops.

Next radio: GrophShuster.

"... Intruder detected. Receiving Bay. This is not a drill. Security report. Intruder detected. Receiving Bay. This is not a drill. What? Can you repeat? She's coming right towards the- Get her! Get back here! Nein! Do not let her- Dammit. Dr. Shuster, find a way to get her out of the pyramid. I will contact Edward, let him know there has been an incident."

This radio tells us that Samantha was definitely teleported to the moon, where she entered the MPD, but Maxis is not mentioned in this radio. That doesn't mean that this radio disproves him being there though. During "The Giant" trailer, Richtofen is not notified of the intruder, Samantha, who infiltrated Griffin Station and entered the MPD. Remember, Maxis isn't dead just yet either. This leads me to believe that Samantha is not in control of the zombies yet, when the zombies in "The Giant" trailer begin attacking.

Next radio: RichtofenGroph.

"How did she end up there? No matter, I know what must be done. In the meantime, see if you can find Dr. Maxis. Perhaps he can talk some sense into her. Did you not deal with him already? Yes, but if the child ended up there, then Maxis must be somewhere too. Find him. How do you propose- Dr. Groph, I cannot do everything for you. I leave this in your capable hands. There is much to be done. Oh, and Groph? Yes, Doctor? I'd keep an eye out for an evil-looking dog while you're at it."

So nobody knows where Maxis actually is, and if he were teleported to moon, surely somebody would have found him immediately, he'd be a lot more noticeable than a little girl. The hellhound would've also been easily noticed at Griffin Station. My guess is that Samantha, Maxis and the hellhound were all teleported to different places. Samantha, to Griffin Station. Maxis, I'm not sure, and the hellhound, I'm not sure either.

Next radio: GrophShusterMaxis.

"I hope this works. Shuster, power it up. Systems nominal. Accessing vril device. Interface via MPD active. Accessing MPD... MPD integrity check nominal. Excellent. Bring the sample. Analyzing MPD. Creating profile. Profile created. Excellent. Now, scan for target. Yes, Doctor. Target located. Bring him here, immediately. Greetings, Dr. Maxis. Shuster! I should've known. Where is that rat, Edward? Where are we? And how did you get me out of that wretched tun- None of that is important right now. Allow me to fill you in."

So it turns out Maxis was not on the moon, if he was, then he was in a tunnel located on the moon, because that is where he claims to have been prior to being teleported to Griffin Station. This means that our four characters in "The Giant" trailer still have a chance to save Maxis before he is killed. Now that old Richtofen is dead, Groph and Shuster do not receive the command to find Maxis so maybe Maxis will not die in this (new, old?) timeline which we will be playing in Black Ops III. 

Follow up radio from previous radio: MaxisSamanthaUnknown (possibly Groph or Shuster?).

"Samantha, honey? Daddy is here. Come dear, please. Open the machine, Daddy will not let them hurt you anymore. Honey? Daddy knows he has made some mistakes. I am truly sorry that you were put through so much. When your mother died, I could not bear the thought of losing you too. That's why I kept you so close. I did not mean to neglect you. I just wanted to know you were safe from harm. *Crying* Daddy! I love you Samantha. I love you too, Daddy. Can you do something for me? Something very important. Yes? Kill them- All. No! We are doomed."

It is at this point that Samantha is asked by Maxis to kill 'them all'. Richtofen is included in 'them all' and this is why Samantha targets him especially. I don't know who shot Maxis, or who is talking at the end of this radio. This is proof that Samantha is not controlling the zombies during "The Giant" trailer because she only gets mad at Richtofen some point after Richtofen is radio'd about the incident with Samantha entering the MPD. So she wouldn't attack him just yet, because she only snaps after Maxis' death. The only way that this could be wrong would be if Treyarch made a some mistakes, or it is a different universe, or these are different versions of the same accounts because of how many times this scene has repeated itself because of time loops.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems solid but I think they are doing a back to future/terminator genysis type of deal . What I mean is the even coming in black ops 3 will change/rewrite the present pretty much altering everything from past codz. I feel like origins was used to do this which will make it easier to create and recreate future maps. This also gives more creative freedoms while being able to fix plot holes being they will finally be giving cutscenes with definite plots instead of our theories alone. Again this is as always speculation. Only time will tell . Either way good work!

This seems solid but I think they are doing a back to future/terminator genysis type of deal . What I mean is the even coming in black ops 3 will change/rewrite the present pretty much altering everything from past codz. I feel like origins was used to do this which will make it easier to create and recreate future maps. This also gives more creative freedoms while being able to fix plot holes being they will finally be giving cutscenes with definite plots instead of our theories alone. Again this is as always speculation. Only time will tell . Either way good work!

Thank you! And I agree, more cutscenes would be a great help, either that or they'll just create more confusion. However, I expect most of the answers will come from playing "The Giant" itself when we get it. There are probably some quotes I could pull out from Origins that may help create more accurate theories, but I'll look into that later, I'm lazy right now.