My story idea.

Chariots

In the cutscene of Origins Eddie wishes their characters to be real and Sam says her dad has a plan. 

Now in the Giant trailer Richtofen from an entire different universe has appeared at the portal, which could mean that Maxis was trying to bring those 4 heroes into the real world, having already brought in the first 3 and Richtofen seemed to be the last one. 

Old Richtofen seemed to know who was coming out of the portal because he knows what Maxis was doing. Maxis and Sam have been sent to the other universe with the storyline we've been playing on previous maps with Sam in control etc. 

That's why Richtofen in Origins didn't know who Sam was because she's from an entire different universe. 

This is what I came up with, the complexity is just exreme. 

Also like to point out that in the 'Alternate' world Maxis and Samantha were trapped with Fluffy the Hellhound by Richtofen. In the trailer of the Giant however, there was no sound of any dog which means they just got teleported.  This proves that there are 2 worlds, Hellhounds might have not even existed the real world.  Also, before Richtofen sent away Maxis and Sam he volunteered on a project to teleport himself but ended up not being teleported to the original location but instead to a pyramid on the Moon and after to Shangri-La. These events have caused him to go insane and began the project be started in the Alternate universe.  Now since he's dead, it's most likely not going to happen anymore. So what I suspect is the 4 new heroes are either going to stop the old ones from progressing or they are going to stop the entire zombie plague. The device inside thr pyramid of moon is what controls zombies, if it controls zombies its possible to eliminate the zombies. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, that writing. That is a great theory and some good analysis though, there is only a few flaws. Maxis brainwashed an individual (we'll call him Bob for the sake of this comment). Maxis made this Bob person believe that he was called Edward Richtofen, a friend of Maxis who saved him once but had unfortunately passed away. Maxis wanted to recreate his friend who saved his life. Bob (old Richtofen) is who we see in "The Giant" trailer, who is shot by the 'real' Richtofen (at least we think he's the real Richtofen for now).

Anyway, Bob has 'real' Richtofen's traits ('real' Richtofen is the version from Origins) because of the brainwashing that Maxis had done to him. Bob was the one who 'created' the characters Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo, Maxis did not 'create' these characters. However, they aren't really the real characters either. What Maxis had done to Bob, Bob had done to a US marine, a Japanese warrior, and a Russian soldier. So these three individuals are not actually Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo, they were just brainwashed by Bob to make them believe that they were our four original characters.

So the Origins versions of the characters are actually the real ones as far as we know, with real histories. Origins' Dempsey actually has a young daughter, and the standard Dempsey who Bob brainwashed doesn't, he just believes he does. 

So unfortunately, I don't think this is Maxis' plan. I think his plan will be revealed in this new map, "The Giant" (not really new) that will come to us on Black Ops III.

I just proof-read my comment, and I realize how messed up that scenario sounds, so if you need some more clarity, I understand.

• Administrators

Jeez, that writing. That is a great theory and some good analysis though, there is only a few flaws. Maxis brainwashed an individual (we'll call him Bob for the sake of this comment). Maxis made this Bob person believe that he was called Edward Richtofen, a friend of Maxis who saved him once but had unfortunately passed away. Maxis wanted to recreate his friend who saved his life. Bob (old Richtofen) is who we see in "The Giant" trailer, who is shot by the 'real' Richtofen (at least we think he's the real Richtofen for now).

Anyway, Bob has 'real' Richtofen's traits ('real' Richtofen is the version from Origins) because of the brainwashing that Maxis had done to him. Bob was the one who 'created' the characters Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo, Maxis did not 'create' these characters. However, they aren't really the real characters either. What Maxis had done to Bob, Bob had done to a US marine, a Japanese warrior, and a Russian soldier. So these three individuals are not actually Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo, they were just brainwashed by Bob to make them believe that they were our four original characters.

So the Origins versions of the characters are actually the real ones as far as we know, with real histories. Origins' Dempsey actually has a young daughter, and the standard Dempsey who Bob brainwashed doesn't, he just believes he does. 

So unfortunately, I don't think this is Maxis' plan. I think his plan will be revealed in this new map, "The Giant" (not really new) that will come to us on Black Ops III.

I just proof-read my comment, and I realize how messed up that scenario sounds, so if you need some more clarity, I understand.

You state that as if it were fact; it is still, however, just a theory...one that is, in my humble opinion inherently flawed following the release of The Giant trailer. 

Also, Dempsey has a son, as he observes in Moon when he buys the M16. Just some food for thought. 

You state that as if it were fact; it is still, however, just a theory...one that is, in my humble opinion inherently flawed following the release of The Giant trailer. 

Also, Dempsey has a son, as he observes in Moon when he buys the M16. Just some food for thought. 

Oh, it is? My friend, who is trying to help me out with the storyline told me that this is what had happened. Listening to the radios throughout different maps also made me believe this is what was going on too. I apologize for the misunderstanding. That still stands as a strong theory, then. Again, a great interpretation of what may be going on, OP.

Edited by alexthingy
  • Administrators

Oh, it is? My friend, who is trying to help me out with the storyline told me that this is what had happened. Listening to the radios throughout different maps also made me believe this is what was going on too. I apologize for the misunderstanding. That still stands as a strong theory, then. Again, a great interpretation of what may be going on, OP.

Yeah, 'fraid so. I'm not sure where that theory first originated, but it popped up out here not too long ago. I figger we will find out. TBH, I don't really feel like it holds water, and would hate to see it go that way, just cause I'm still a bigger fan of the originals. 

We shall see!

Who the hell is Bob?

If my theory doesn't matter, Bob doesn't matter. So Bob is nobody right now. xD

Yeah, 'fraid so. I'm not sure where that theory first originated, but it popped up out here not too long ago. I figger we will find out. TBH, I don't really feel like it holds water, and would hate to see it go that way, just cause I'm still a bigger fan of the originals. 

We shall see!

I also love the originals, classic Richtofen was one of the most hilarious characters in gaming, ever. I'm not sure if you remember the radio quotes, where he records his diary. "DEARRRR Diary!" They got me every time.

• Administrators

Who the hell is Bob?

If my theory doesn't matter, Bob doesn't matter. So Bob is nobody right now. xD

We shall see!

I also love the originals, classic Richtofen was one of the most hilarious characters in gaming, ever. I'm not sure if you remember the radio quotes, where he records his diary. "DEARRRR Diary!" They got me every time.

Bahahaha! Yes! Or the opening of Kino-"entry 7410 TWO ONE!"  

It actually makes me kind of sad knowing that we're going to have super serious goody two shoes Rictofen now because Old Rictofen was just so funny, and I'm pretty sure Nolan North is the main reason behind that.

Best quote ever "Ah you're so small I could have you for just a quarter and fit you into my pocket, DEMPSEY GIVE ME A QUARTER!"

And I don't believe I've ever heard the theory of the O4 being brainwashed subjects? I'm not exactly sure how that fits into the timeline, would they be who we were playing as in the original maps or were we playing as the O4 or are they the same people? It's really confusing to me and I think I would need to hear more explanation on that.

It actually makes me kind of sad knowing that we're going to have super serious goody two shoes Rictofen now because Old Rictofen was just so funny, and I'm pretty sure Nolan North is the main reason behind that.

Best quote ever "Ah you're so small I could have you for just a quarter and fit you into my pocket, DEMPSEY GIVE ME A QUARTER!"

And I don't believe I've ever heard the theory of the O4 being brainwashed subjects? I'm not exactly sure how that fits into the timeline, would they be who we were playing as in the original maps or were we playing as the O4 or are they the same people? It's really confusing to me and I think I would need to hear more explanation on that.

About the "brainwashed characters theory" (that's what I'm going to call it from now on)... That is what my friend, who is helping me understand the zombies storyline told me (because he believes this theory), and after reading these doubtful comments about it, I'm not so sure about the theory myself anymore. After all, if the older characters were brainwashed versions of the Origins characters, that doesn't explain why both sets look and sound similar to each other. I guess the "brainwashed characters theory" tries to put both sets of characters in the same universe. Anyway, that's for another discussion, we're supposed to be talking about OP's idea, hehe.