Conversation with Creators: Treyarch (Update - Watch Now!)

• Moderators

7/21 Update:

Video is now live :mrgreen::

PlayStation Store Presents a round table discussion with Treyarch Studio Head Mark Lamia, Game Director Jason Blundell, Game Director Dan Bunting, Studio Design Director David Vonderhaar and host Wil Wheaton about the origins of Call of Duty, Black Ops 3 and an all-new Zombie Campaign Mode.

text link: https://youtu.be/LWwyfxWVXhs

Click Spoiler Below for Original Post:

This is an early look at Episode 3 of Conversation with Creators with good ol' Treyarch.

It seems like they will talk about everything from zombies to mp.

The full version gets released on the 21st of July. I will sadly not be able to update this thread on that day, so maybe the @GRILL meister or someone else can do it, as soon as it is available?

Lookin forward to it. :3

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eager for this. I really enjoy when we get Treyarch Interviews as they have always been pretty rare. Though it seems they are doing lots this year.

Here's the link - https://www.playstationnetwork.com/creators-us

Episode 3 will be available July 21st for FREE on PlayStation Store and at playstationstore.com/creators. 

"Episode 3 - Treyarch" Guests:
- Mark Lamia - Studio Head
- Jason Blundell - Game Director, Campaign & Zombies 
- Dan Bunting - Game Director, Multiplayer
- David Vonderhaar - Studio Design Director

csm_CwC_Ep3_ThumbPreview_1__95e6649599.j

• Moderators

Its great getting an insight into game development.

Looking forward to this also

I agree. Game development is so complex and I suck everything I get to know up because it is so interesting.

@Lenne will do if I'm around, regardless I will remind staff to do it as well.

looking forward to this!

Thx, friend. Knew I can count on you. :-)

Eager for this. I really enjoy when we get Treyarch Interviews as they have always been pretty rare. Though it seems they are doing lots this year.

Here's the link - https://www.playstationnetwork.com/creators-us

Episode 3 will be available July 21st for FREE on PlayStation Store and at playstationstore.com/creators. 

"Episode 3 - Treyarch" Guests:
- Mark Lamia - Studio Head
- Jason Blundell - Game Director, Campaign & Zombies 
- Dan Bunting - Game Director, Multiplayer
- David Vonderhaar - Studio Design Director

csm_CwC_Ep3_ThumbPreview_1__95e6649599.j

It will also be on youtube as well though, right? I mean the conversations with Bungie and Naughty Dog are viewable as well.

Thx PINNAZ. 

Can't wait to watch this when I get home, I enjoyed the first two episodes (Naughty Dog for life) and I'm sure Treyarch's will be just as interesting. Behind the scenes development on zombies is always so fascinating, plus I just enjoy learning about how they do this stuff and what the atmosphere is like in the studios. Good stuff.

Based on the interview, I am pretty sure Will Weaton has no idea what Call of Duty is. On the plus side... Zombie campaign mode!!!

they didn't say that anywhere in the interview did they?  I watched the whole thing but all i remember relating to zombies is more about it's origins and not any new info about BO3 zombies

Based on the interview, I am pretty sure Will Weaton has no idea what Call of Duty is. On the plus side... Zombie campaign mode!!!

they didn't say that anywhere in the interview did they?  I watched the whole thing but all i remember relating to zombies is more about it's origins and not any new info about BO3 zombies

Not that I heard, no, but based on other info we have gathered like the monorail system, which would suggest a BIG map to hold something like that I wouldn't be surprised. I have actually been told a while back now that there was going to be a campaign mode this time around. Won't start pushing that one though as I don't want to drag up the whole "Who told you this then, your dog?" thing again. Everything I have been told so far has been true though so I am expecting this to be also.

Yeah seriously, that guy seemed clueless.

Good interview though, wish there was more DJ Vahn cheesin'.

On the whole "zombie campaign mode" thing, I don't think the person who wrote the youtube description knew what they were doing.

Also just gonna leave this here, screenshot from the playstation network site.  Good job TreyArch!!! (lol)

228ceea891dc4b7c5ad0af7529dadcbd.png

Edited by GRILL

I have actually been told a while back now that there was going to be a campaign mode this time around. Won't start pushing that one though as I don't want to drag up the whole "Who told you this then, your dog?" thing again. Everything I have been told so far has been true though so I am expecting this to be also.

Heard same thing months ago, and alerted people. Even went so far as to tell them that Tranzit was more than just a map for black ops 2, but more of a test to push the boundaries of what can/can't be done and to see what kind of scale they could make work.