crawlers: Mutual want?

Poll:   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In black ops 2 we saw one of the most infamous game mechanics to date that has plagued all of us: The effect of any harmed zombie dies after a certain period of time, or certain distance away. 

We saw this in an even more horrid form in Exo-zombies, where zombies would die weither the zombie was harmed or not. 

Back in the good ole days of BO1, there was an aspect known as "Saving a Crawler" where players would use their remaining frags to try to get a "Slow-Crawler". This would allow them a breather period to study and understand the map and stock up on guns and perks.  However in the next installment of the game, there was an issue where any harmed zombie would die. OF COURSE, you could still save a zombie by just keeping an unharmed zombie and training him, but this became tedious to at least one player. 

What this post is, is a sort of petition, a petition to treyarch saying we don't care how big the map is, or how difficult the mechanics can be: We want the ability to make a crawler and have it stay alive until shot. It was essential to finding easter-eggs, and getting a breather every now and again. We saw a mechanic where the big guy in buried would hold a crawler until shot, which was fantastic, but a good ole fashioned perfectly functioning crawler is exactly what we desire. 

The gameplay, surely, is still in a stage early enough were we can get this to happen. Anyone who wants to support please comment why or just mark it in the poll.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BO1 crawler mechanic is easily the best and easiest to use, but I prefer the respawn on BO2 (if you move across the map quickly zombies will respawn in front of you, in BO1 once all the zombies have spawned you can move anywhere on the map without causing then to respawn). I think the 2 come hand in hand as for crawlers not to die, there would have to be no respawn trigger by moving a certain distance away from the zombie (this is the case for survival maps in BO2).

I prefer the respawn in BO2 as I think it adds to the challenge, but having said that you can override the respawn anyway by slowing your movement and keeping the zombies trained tight as you move through the map. So yeah, bring back crawlers that don't die it's more enjoyable to have that freedom to search for items/clues.

i just think they should add in a group pause ability. like one player presses select and then pressed pause, then a small box will pop up on each remaining players screen with the ability to press a non-important button within 5-10 seconds to pause (e.g. the select button or whatever they call that shit on xbone now).

i also wish they would add in the ability to vote to boot a player out of the game. if you have 3 players who all agree the other is screwing up the game, you should be able to vote kick them.

i just think they should add in a group pause ability. like one player presses select and then pressed pause, then a small box will pop up on each remaining players screen with the ability to press a non-important button within 5-10 seconds to pause (e.g. the select button or whatever they call that shit on xbone now).

i also wish they would add in the ability to vote to boot a player out of the game. if you have 3 players who all agree the other is screwing up the game, you should be able to vote kick them.

That's not really relevant to the topic. 
Also: What happens when a whiny little kid gets the controls and wants to boot out the player that's not doing everything he says (you)?

The BO1 crawler mechanic is easily the best and easiest to use, but I prefer the respawn on BO2 (if you move across the map quickly zombies will respawn in front of you, in BO1 once all the zombies have spawned you can move anywhere on the map without causing then to respawn). I think the 2 come hand in hand as for crawlers not to die, there would have to be no respawn trigger by moving a certain distance away from the zombie (this is the case for survival maps in BO2).

I prefer the respawn in BO2 as I think it adds to the challenge, but having said that you can override the respawn anyway by slowing your movement and keeping the zombies trained tight as you move through the map. So yeah, bring back crawlers that don't die it's more enjoyable to have that freedom to search for items/clues.

Agreed: The ideal mechanic is that when a crawler moves too far away it re-spawns as a full zombie or crawler that's just as weak as the first one, but will never die until shot. 

Also: Shrodinger... Care to explain why you DON'T want crawlers to live indefinitely? 

Edited by Stop mocking me0

I'd love it if crawlers didn't die on their own in Black Ops 3. It's nice to explore and do easter egg steps without being smacked in the back of the head by runners. It helps out with getting set up, needing to take a quick bathroom break, or taking care of something important.

• Administrators

If a crawler dies out, at least have it re-spawn as a full one that will sprint at you. They actually do die regardless if you're around or not; it's just that they go out faster if a player is too far away from it. A majority of us are story-driven and need more than 30 seconds to fully investigate the map - especially when doing an Easter Egg.

I voted that they should die after an extended period of time.

why?

Because it definitely adds a bit of challenge. Keeps you on your toes, making you adapt to situations. Yes, it is annoying, but i dont overall mind it.

Honestly, either was is fine to me.

We can't all be Alphas and many of us are just annoyed by it. 

For me the shield took care of that last annoying ass zombie. The hardest part was getting that 1 that hadn't been damaged. But yes please, give me back the Blops I style crawler.

The EMPz were a good idea, but made for pausing in Co-Op (used this to pause 8 hours & sleep during my Round 63 2 player run). In solo once you get a certain distance from them they wake up, regardless if you've been walking, started running, or threw a frag.

Edited by Ragdo11706

I voted that they should die after an extended period of time.

why?

Because it definitely adds a bit of challenge. Keeps you on your toes, making you adapt to situations. Yes, it is annoying, but i dont overall mind it.

Honestly, either was is fine to me.

We can't all be Alphas and many of us are just annoyed by it. 

Haha xD 

It is annoying ill grant that but I personally dont mind or care. Part of any good easter egg runner's ability is knowing when to procede and when it is safe. You should know better when its been 20 minutes and you try a really difficult step like shangri la's tile patterns.

Whose dumb idea was it to remove the original crawlers anyways? The fact that their isn't some mechanism like the big Guy holding a crawler in every map is ridiculous, do they not get people need a break sometimes because they either need to do easter eggs steps or do things in real life like eat or go to the bathroom.

Whose dumb idea was it to remove the original crawlers anyways? The fact that their isn't some mechanism like the big Guy holding a crawler in every map is ridiculous, do they not get people need a break sometimes because they either need to do easter eggs steps or do things in real life like eat or go to the bathroom.

In tranzit, the base map, the crawler could take AGES to crawl from point A to B. Of course, they could make it so the crawler would just respawn near them, just like an unharmed zombie, but they didn't. 

In tranzit, the base map, the crawler could take AGES to crawl from point A to B. Of course, they could make it so the crawler would just respawn near them, just like an unharmed zombie, but they didn't. 

Thats because between the first concept of Tranzit to when they started making it, they lost their brain.

I'd believe it. 

I honestly think somewhere between point A and B, someone at treyarch was just staring at everyone else with the maniacal triangle-finger-of-evil thing and had blackmail on everyone there... 

Jimmy Zielinski?