As far as moon goes with the decay of technology and all that, I think we kind of just have to suspend our disbelief. I mean, there's bits of 1000 year old flesh on the templar zombies in origins, to me at least it's not hard to believe the tech survived being untouched. Though at the same time, given that the nevada base had a teleporter to the moon, it may well be possible that the americans DID take over the base, and that's why the tech didn't decay.

There is no sign of the Americans having been there since the actual construction of Griffin Station, nor is there any sign of them having used the teleporter to travel there and take over or even upgrade the station. Considering there has been a teleporter in Nevada since at least the 60's and 30+ years having past since the Die Rise poster I find it very unlikely that the U.S. Government would not have taken hold of Griffin Station well before then.

Also, when you say "suspend out disbelief", that is the problem with the zombie storyline. How can we suspend our belief/disbelief when we pick at the littlest of things? As a community we scrutinize every little detail so why should we suddenly discount something as major as this one? In my own personal opinion, Moon was supposed to be set in the 60's but it got messed up because the heirarchy failed to actually pay proper attention to the storyline and fucked it up along the way. If it was undisputably supposed to be set in 2000+ then they failed to take into account a major factor that would go against the storyline. 30 years of having a teleporter to the Moon is a LONG time to clear the station of infection and discover (and use) the MPD.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how out of nowhere, the americans apparently have a big involvement in the storyline. Yeah there is a teleporter in Nevada that leads to the Moon, but theres also a cage around it and there is not much of a sign that they tampered/ tested on it. Then there is the fact that everyone assumes the 115 extraction drill is being manned by an american in the nuketown loading screen which seriously has no backing. America are not like you know the Illuminati of the story.

I like how out of nowhere, the americans apparently have a big involvement in the storyline. Yeah there is a teleporter in Nevada that leads to the Moon, but theres also a cage around it and there is not much of a sign that they tampered/ tested on it. Then there is the fact that everyone assumes the 115 extraction drill is being manned by an american in the nuketown loading screen which seriously has no backing. America are not like you know the Illuminati of the story.

Richtofen gave the Americans the secrets to the teleporters and wonder weapons in exchange for funding for Griffin Station so he could get access to the MPD because Maxis refused to fund the development of such things. That is the reason for the map Five and why he has a portrait in the Defcon room. They funded the whole project. Why do you think it's there, and why else would the teleporter be in Nevada rather than in Germany?

I am not saying America has nothing to do with the story, I am saying that they are not like the master minds behind it. I like to think that Richtofen was playing the Americans by getting funding for Griffin Station and had the teleporter there because he planned to use them for experiments and eventually sacrifices to the MPD.

I am not saying America has nothing to do with the story, I am saying that they are not like the master minds behind it. I like to think that Richtofen was playing the Americans by getting funding for Griffin Station and had the teleporter there because he planned to use them for experiments and eventually sacrifices to the MPD.

He did, yes. He totally used the American's by pretending to give them these exclusives over teleportation and wonder weapons in exchange for funding something that would make his betrayal meaningless in the end. He used them for funding to get access to the MPD which he was fully aware of since teleporting to it and touching it, gaining knowledge of what it was and what it does, while poisoning his mind in the process.

He gave the Americans all his scientific secrets in exchange for something greater. They were not aware of that of course but with his advancements in science who were they to think anything more sinister was behind it all. They funded him and he eventually gained access to the MPD through it. They were heavily involved, albeit mislead in the process. Either way, my point stands. He tricked them in the 60's but even then, if we had moved back to Griffin Station after Shangri La I find it highly unlikely it would have been from 2000+ onwards because I find it unlikely the American's would not have used the Nevada teleporter to take over Griffin Station and claim it as their own.

ie: Moon was supposed to be set in the 60's.

BTW The one Solid piece of evidence that America never went to the moon through the teleporters. If they had the power to do that all along they would not have sent a rocket to the Moon. In my opinion they managed to salvage Nazi technology after the way and they tried perfecting it but never quite achieved it until it was too late

BTW The one Solid piece of evidence that America never went to the moon through the teleporters. If they had the power to do that all along they would not have sent a rocket to the Moon. In my opinion they managed to salvage Nazi technology after the way and they tried perfecting it but never quite achieved it until it was too late

Yes america, we accommodated an inferior country (Nazi Germany, not modern Germany)'s technology which we will now use to win the space race. That's exactly what we tell the public.

On a more serious note: Stupid americans would never begin to reveal my secrets is a quote (or close enough to the quote) from Richtofen in Moon. I think richtofen was right in saying that they didn't get the teleporter working. Which is weird because they HAVE working teleporters in "Five" and "Tranzit". 

There are no teleporters in Tranzit, aside from Denizens which hardly count.

But they do count, as they are teleporters that are respected as part of the game. Hence why in the richtofen and Maxis sides of the easter egg you have to interact with them as machines much more powerful then lamp-posts. 

Furthermore, as this is american land, this is the second type of American-made teleporter seen in zombies. 

What, no. It's very clear there's teleporters, or wormhole generators to say the least, in tranzit. The denizens may TRIGGER the reaction, but the lamp post is CLEARLY the generator, and was defiantly made by the same people who made the generator room (as it's all connected to the tower). To further this evidence: the denizens avoid regular light, but create wormholes in the lamp's green glow. Not to mention the lampposts ONLY teleport you to other lampposts. 

What, no. It's very clear there's teleporters, or wormhole generators to say the least, in tranzit. The denizens may TRIGGER the reaction, but the lamp post is CLEARLY the generator, and was defiantly made by the same people who made the generator room (as it's all connected to the tower). To further this evidence: the denizens avoid regular light, but create wormholes in the lamp's green glow. Not to mention the lampposts ONLY teleport you to other lampposts. 

Dude where does it clearly say this? Like there is nowhere it has ever said this. You are trying to say something but your saying a load of jumbled up facts and none of it says that Denizens dont create the portals in Tranzit.

Dude where does it clearly say this? Like there is nowhere it has ever said this. You are trying to say something but your saying a load of jumbled up facts and none of it says that Denizens dont create the portals in Tranzit.

And what have you brought to the table? 

You can sit here and claim it's the denizens that make the portals, but in reality, there's no proof of that. 

We know that a portal is made when a denizen is put into the green light of a lamp-post. But the portals will then ONLY link to other lamp-posts, and only happen when the power to the lamps is turned on. I think that's enough reasoning to state that it's the lamp posts, not the denizens, that create the teleporters. 

You can sit here and claim it's the denizens that make the portals, but in reality, there's no proof of that. 

We know that a portal is made when a denizen is put into the green light of a lamp-post. But the portals will then ONLY link to other lamp-posts, and only happen when the power to the lamps is turned on. I think that's enough reasoning to state that it's the lamp posts, not the denizens, that create the teleporters. 

But you see a Denizen make the portal? What made the green lights in the lamp posts? Going back to what this whole thing was about, you said Americans had made teleporters yet they didn't make the ones in Tranzit. So I will sit here all I want because you are talking nonsense. 

Denizens didn't make the green lamp posts don't be absurd. And the denizen's portal is linked TO the lamp posts. If it wasn't, why don't denizens just make portals anywhere? 

I asked who made the light, I think the light is from the Aether and the Denizens are form the Aether as well, that is how they travel.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's how I see it: Nuketown and Moon take place at the same time. The 60's. Along with TranZit, maybe a little later than the 60's. Marlton is in the bunker but escapes and finds Misty. People don't seem to remember that the Moon rockets were filled with 115, and 115 has the ability to move objects through time. That's how Russman and Stu found the Bloodhound (the Bus) from 2025. The 115 displaced him there. Because Richtofen is omnipotent, he can move people through time as well, which is how they get to Die Rise. He forces them to travel through time to Die Rise. I've forgotten which map Maxis says he's been waiting for decades on.. Die Rise or TranZit.. TranZit, though, can  easily be explained. IT'S AN EXAGGERATION, he doesn't actually mean decades, just what FELT like decades to him. Die Rise can also be easily explained. Because Richtofen moved them through time, he's literally been searching for decades FOR THEM.(Pretty sure he says it in TranZit though). As for Marltons knowledge on guns, who knows. That just can't be answered. Maybe it's just because he's the "know it all" of the group, and they really wanted to keep him in character. Not everything has to make sense sometimes.

People seem to forget the rockets don't have 115 in them, I have never seen proof for that its just a theory that people took as canon but was never proved. It is the one fact that people say solidly that I cringe at because it doesn't make sense. What makes more sense is that the rockets were sent to locations with big sources of 115, since Nuketown already should have one that the first nuke unearthed. Also TEDD says the bus will be repaired in 123 years, I assume adding that to the date Tranzit is gives when the bus was made, although I can see it possible that it could exist now.