Der Riese/Shadows of Evil Link

It's been 20 hours since Milo uploaded his video on this, and I don't understand how there hasn't been a topic on it yet.

In the Shadows of Evil trailer, there is a single frame with information we have not yet discussed.

The location of Der Riese, Lower Silesia, is mentioned on a poster.

Skjermbilde_2015-07-15_kl._23.30.36.thum

"Silesia Stahlwerk"

What do you think about this?

It could of course be a "easter egg" in the sense that it was put there "just for fun", for us to discover and laugh about, but nah, not with Treyarch.

Milo had some great theories about it in his video, but I want to hear input on it from the gods of codz.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it really all depends on what the deal with Shadows of Evil is all about really. If the map is in the same mold as Mob of the Dead and the group are all pressumed dead and living an Eternal Damnation then it could be part of a series of in-game features that tie a completely alternative storyline in to ours. Subtle little additions like when the Weasel would say "Nikolai, Nikolai, Nikolai... why do I keep hearing that name?" to remind us we are playing CoD zombies, only in a different storyline.

If they are not dead and their reality has been overrun with zombies then I would assume it is something to connect 935 to the events of what is happening. I have heard the map is definitely set in 40's and so is the Giant. Could these events be taking place at the same time? Like Ascension & Five or Moon & Nuketown? Seems plausable.

A lot of people are getting confused here. 

Multiple people are thinking that Shadows of Evil is in Silesia. No!

From the BOIII website -

THE WORLD

"SET IN A FICTIONAL 1940S CITY, SHADOWS OF EVIL IS A FILM-NOIR-INSPIRED HORROR STORY CENTERED AROUND FOUR PARTICULARLY TROUBLED INDIVIDUALS – THE FEMME FATALE, THE MAGICIAN, THE COP AND THE BOXER – AND SPANS AN ENTIRE METROPOLIS SWATHED IN EVIL… WELCOME TO MORG CITY."

MORG CITY

"MORG CITY IS THE IDEAL BACKDROP FOR A NOIR HORROR STORY, FEATURING A THEATER DISTRICT, JAZZ CLUBS AND A SUSPENSION RAILWAY – ELEMENTS THAT ADD NEW DEPTH AND COMPLEXITY AS YOU FEND OFF THE UNDEAD."

Doesn't really sound like war torn Germany to me. 

The map Der Riese/The Giant is (was) in Lower Silesia. The real Der Riese was multiple concentrations camps in the Owl Mountains of Silesia (Now part of Poland)

Die Glocke is supposedly meant to be in the Wenceslaus mine near (now) Ludwigsdorf. 

What MrWaffles found & is saying, is that products from Silesia Metalworks - Germany (Der Reise) have been sent to Morg City - America (Shadows of Evil)

How do people confuse this?

Edited by PINNAZ

Well I think it's just reference to the Der Riese compaund. I don't think it's any super major deal as far as SoE strory goes. We know the location of the real life Der Riese compaund that is in Poland where the Nazis worked on real life wonder weapons. There is also flytrap in there.

Locations of Der Riese facilities:

Project_Riese_-_map.PNG

Here I made a map of key locations. Red pin: Breslau, Blue Pin: Silesia, Green pin: Real life Fly Trap and Yellow pins lcations of Project Riese facilities.

0o56Swn.png

It's the zombie community man... sometimes they can't see what's staring them right in the face and try to look for something that's not there. I assumed it was pretty blatent and obvious that the map was set in the U.S. I also assumed it was Chicago or loosely based on it at least. The swing music is also a bit of a giveaway not to mention the whole theme and setting of the map.

It's the zombie community man... sometimes they can't see what's staring them right in the face and try to look for something that's not there. I assumed it was pretty blatent and obvious that the map was set in the U.S. I also assumed it was Chicago or loosely based on it at least. The swing music is also a bit of a giveaway not to mention the whole theme and setting of the map.

So what you are saying is it's in Pluto?

#mountains