As we've all seen, there's at least 2 swords in this map: The one being held by the boxer in the clip with the flying red sword, and the one being thrown. 

As it stands we've seen the sword(s) do a few things. 

We've seen the cop swing a sword like a melee weapon. 

We've seen someone throw a sword like a hells redeemer. 

AND we've seen the songstress drive the sword into the ground like a gravity spike. 

So here's what I think. I think that each character might get a different ability from each sword, unlike the typical Each-weapon has a different power, now we have multiple of the same weapon, but the power is the same depending on the character using it. I say this COMPLETELY based off how there are classes in MP and one of them shares and identical power with the sword here. 

I can VERY likely be wrong, but let's just see.... 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has played Borderlands 2, I hope that using the sword i kind of like being Kreig the psycho. 

You basically activate a skill that puts this ax in your hand and you  run super fast chopping stuff up. You can also throw it to make it explode on contact. You aim with the left trigger. Otherwise it just sticks to melee. 

IT has a nice and smooth playstyle. However, it may be hard when you are chopping down enemy hordes. 

I think there is either going to be four swords with abilities mimicking previous things, like how the staffs did. E.g. the red one is the retriever, the blue is gravity spikes. Or there will be one sword that has the ability to become the others, is there any pictures of the swords that are clear so we can tell if they are identical or not?

Despite the annoying and time consuming process to obtain them all, I absolutely loved the staves from Origins because it gave everyone a wonderweapon apart from the usual raygun. So I'm really hopeful that that's once again the case here, albeit with a less tedious process in getting them or at least their unupgraded versions. I could've sworn while watching an analysis of the trailer I saw two characters holding the blue/white sword at different points in time, which leads me to believe that either there are multiple variations of the sword in the map and not character specific, or that through the ranking system we can perhaps assign attributes to the sword such as how it looks and its abilities.

So here's a concept I had regarding the swords. I've had this idea for a bit but I think it could actually apply to these swords. 

Let's say there are many potential parts you can use to build the swords, but whatever combination you choose affects how you use it. Let's say you can grab either a fast-swinging, high mobility hilt with lower damage, or a high-damage slower one. Then you choose one of several element crystals to use. Let's say electricity has high damage in concentration but fire deals damage over time. Then finally you choose its rechargable power. This can be a redeemer-like effect or a GravSpike effect, among others. So based on these many combinations, you can create a large variety of swords that suits your playstyle. Want a slow but powerful electric sword that can be thrown like a redeemer? No problem. Want a faster fire-based AOE strike sword? Cool cool. That way players could even have the same element in their sword but have it play very differently to the next player's. You would naturally build them, and acquire each part in a unique way, like in Origins. The difference being that you build it how you want. 

This might not necessarily be speculative, but I think it would be cool. 

So here's a concept I had regarding the swords. I've had this idea for a bit but I think it could actually apply to these swords. 

Let's say there are many potential parts you can use to build the swords, but whatever combination you choose affects how you use it. Let's say you can grab either a fast-swinging, high mobility hilt with lower damage, or a high-damage slower one. Then you choose one of several element crystals to use. Let's say electricity has high damage in concentration but fire deals damage over time. Then finally you choose its rechargable power. This can be a redeemer-like effect or a GravSpike effect, among others. So based on these many combinations, you can create a large variety of swords that suits your playstyle. Want a slow but powerful electric sword that can be thrown like a redeemer? No problem. Want a faster fire-based AOE strike sword? Cool cool. That way players could even have the same element in their sword but have it play very differently to the next player's. You would naturally build them, and acquire each part in a unique way, like in Origins. The difference being that you build it how you want. 

I love this idea! But this sounds like it wouldn't be PAP-able. And we all know we want upgradable weapons... So how would that work? 

Hmm good point, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of staff upgrades, but then there would need to be dozens of upgrade quests for each individual combination. I mean, you could always just PaP it and have a base stat increase, but that's boring. I'll think about it.

First off the idea is brilliant. I have a feeling if we could customize them, it would be entirely based around the Ranking System.

Well we can all assume that each sword will have 4 parts including the Elemental Crystal. (Based off the Staves, The handle, shaft, & base for the Stone). The Hilt, Blade, & Stone Housing. 

The Hilt would only affect the damage & mobility. The blade could possibly determine the special ability. While the Housing holds the Stone.

Regardless of the set-up, only the stone should determine which Quest you would do to Upgrade it (Similarly to Origins, each Element would have its own unique Quest). 

Once Upgraded the Sword could become like the Reedemer. Where it would always be a 1 hit kill, have a faster Recharge rate, & kill around 6 Zombies per use (Possibly more if the max # of Zombies per hoard changes from 24).

This is all off the top of my head, & I'm sure there could be better ways to implement the idea.

Hmm good point, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of staff upgrades, but then there would need to be dozens of upgrade quests for each individual combination. I mean, you could always just PaP it and have a base stat increase, but that's boring. I'll think about it.

First off the idea is brilliant. I have a feeling if we could customize them, it would be entirely based around the Ranking System.

Well we can all assume that each sword will have 4 parts including the Elemental Crystal. (Based off the Staves, The handle, shaft, & base for the Stone). The Hilt, Blade, & Stone Housing. 

The Hilt would only affect the damage & mobility. The blade could possibly determine the special ability. While the Housing holds the Stone.

Regardless of the set-up, only the stone should determine which Quest you would do to Upgrade it (Similarly to Origins, each Element would have its own unique Quest). 

Once Upgraded the Sword could become like the Reedemer. Where it would always be a 1 hit kill, have a faster Recharge rate, & kill around 6 Zombies per use (Possibly more if the max # of Zombies per hoard changes from 24).

This is all off the top of my head, & I'm sure there could be better ways to implement the idea.

This idea is amazing, surely it wouldn't be too hard to implement.

I agree, it's amazing. Especially what you said about only the element affecting the upgrade quest. Good solution.

Still even if it's as simple as pulling the sword out of the box, I'm hyped, because you have no idea for how long I've wanted a proper melee WW, that actually takes up a weapon slot.

How would that work? Would you just keep adding features to the gun? Like it starts off with just a slash effect, then you get the hells redeemer throw, then the shock-charge, then god knows what else as you rank up? 

That's kind of how I imagined it would work. Take the Riot Shield for example. Once you get to a certain level you'd unlock the rocket booster. This would also eliminate the need to make each buildable every single game (hopefully).

It should be a pretty good progression system. Since the guys responsible for Multiplayers were used to create the one coming to Zombies.

I actually kind-of like that. Given the progression system is map specific.. I don't want to get to max rank and then when the new DLC comes out already have everything. Well.. I guess I could prestige. 

Yeah, I'd love to see that: rank 10: Unlock thrusters on one's sheild. Rank 20: Lightning strike has been added to the sword!

Yea they would definitely have to keep it map specific. Like you said, just so the first time you play the next map everything's not already, readily available.

Here's a good question though. Maybe even one that deserves it's own thread if there's not already one. 

The Progression System. It's safe to say we've figured out how it would add to the replayability factor. Now comes the depth part.

So what if for instance the more & more you play SoE, the more you rank up (obviously). The more dialogue your character starts to remember. I would go as far as saying (but won't) you could possibly even unlock new objectives/areas.

I love this idea! But this sounds like it wouldn't be PAP-able. And we all know we want upgradable weapons... So how would that work? 

The acid gat was an upgraded blundergat essentially.