My theory on "The Giant"

AlphaOmega

Hi everyone! 

So I just finished watching the trailer and I realized a few points that some people have missed or haven't considered.

-The rest of the Old Crew: Where are they? Shi no numa was the first place they were all introduced and from there, they somehow made it to Der Reise. When Takeo says to "awaken the rest of the test subjects", is it possible he didnt mean the Old Crew, but rather something else? 

-The clock STOPPED: Notice that once Maxis and Samantha are locked into the teleporter, the clock suddenly stops. Weird right? But in the original Der Reise, it does not stop. It merely keeps looping back to 1:15.Why is this important? Because there was a specific scene to point out that this was different. Thus when Richtofen opens the teleporter, out popped the Origins version of Richtofen. 

-Something is SUPPOSED to happen: Nikolai is the one to point this out. This goes to show that the New Original 4 (NO4? I dont even know what to calle them anymore) HAVE a mission. There is something that they must accomplish. However, how did 4 regular soldiers KNOW that something is not right? Answer: Samantha told them. There is a plan in motion, however, we do not know how it will work.

-The New Origins Richtofen did NOT DISAPPEAR: This shows that this timeline is different from origins. Otherwise, NO Richtofen would have disappeared. "But Alpha, that Richtofen in the Giant is a future self of the Origins one!" Nope. Let me explain.

-MAXIS IS KILLED HERE, NOT AT ORIGINS?!?!?!?: This is weird. Why is it noted that Maxis is alive here BUT Richtofen killed him in Origins. Don't remember? He is the MAXIS DRONE. MAXIS SHOULD ALREADY BE DEAD. However, according to this scene, he was killed by the teleporter. There are only a few explanations: Treyarch fucked up OR...

-The Giant and Origins do NOT TAKE PLACE IN THE SAME UNIVERSE: The above evidence is the only possible reason (please dispute). However, there is one final possibility...

-The Teleporter can connect difference universes/dimensions: This is where things can get whacky. If you ever look into Bioshock Infinite, it basically has a theory about alternate worlds. It is very convuluted and I refuse to explain it on this. But, the premise is that there are many different universes and the only way to TRULY destroy a timeline is to prevent any catalyst that would allow that timeline to happen. To do this, you must go as far back as possible to the original timeline. Now, if the teleporter is capable of going through time and space, perhaps...

-Edit- Further proof mof multiverse: When Richtofen kills richtofen, dempsey yells "Damnit Richtofen, We went over this!" This may be a hint that they have been through multiple universes killing all Richtofens. However, possibly, at some point, they decided this was the wrong course of action. 

-Samantha and Maxis are still alive: However, they are in a different universe/dimension. It is the only way to explain how in two different times and places Maxis is alive. 

On a new topic:

-Samantha is the daughter of Maxis in this storyline: Remember in Origins that Maxis had no clue who this daughter was? Turns out, it could be Samantha from the Giant universe calling towards Maxis in the Origins universe. 

-Who controls the zombies in THIS storyline?: Notice that the eyes are yellow. Therefore, samantha is in control again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Will update when I get more theories. discuss?

Edited by AlphaOmega
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Who controls the zombies in this storyline?: Notice that the eyes are yellow. Therefore, samantha is in control again."

I thought that after Origins, Samantha was freed from agartha so that she could go home (that was all she wanted to do). With her power she rewrote time and space, the entirety of existence. She created her own timeline where she could become a happy child and created a friend, Eddie, and brought back Maxis and Fluffy into her newly created timeline. At least that's what I got from the end of Origins cutscene.

She wiped her memory from all that had happened and made herself believe that everything was all just a game with the figurines, no longer knowing about everything that happened at all. There was still some reverence from what had happened, of course, but the default color for the zombies eyes became yellow after that, right? So nobody is no longer in control.

I know "The Giant" takes place at a different time, and the zombies eyes are yellow which either means nobody is in control (based on my previous statement) or Samantha is in control. But I doubt Samantha is in control at this point because old Richtofen sent Maxis and Samantha somewhere in the teleporter, and time stops, meaning Samantha surely couldn't have reached the MPD yet to take control of the zombies, despite their yellow eyes. 

I don't know, this is all very confusing and Treyarch have done a great job to scramble our minds on this one. Please correct any of my points if they're wrong, I am still having a lot of trouble with this storyline and need the clarity, thanks.

• Administrators

"Who controls the zombies in this storyline?: Notice that the eyes are yellow. Therefore, samantha is in control again."

I thought that after Origins, Samantha was freed from agartha so that she could go home (that was all she wanted to do). With her power she rewrote time and space, the entirety of existence. She created her own timeline where she could become a happy child and created a friend, Eddie, and brought back Maxis and Fluffy into her newly created timeline. At least that's what I got from the end of Origins cutscene.

She wiped her memory from all that had happened and made herself believe that everything was all just a game with the figurines, no longer knowing about everything that happened at all. There was still some reverence from what had happened, of course, but the default color for the zombies eyes became yellow after that, right? So nobody is no longer in control.

I know "The Giant" takes place at a different time, and the zombies eyes are yellow which either means nobody is in control (based on my previous statement) or Samantha is in control. But I doubt Samantha is in control at this point because old Richtofen sent Maxis and Samantha somewhere in the teleporter, and time stops, meaning Samantha surely couldn't have reached the MPD yet to take control of the zombies, despite their yellow eyes. 

I don't know, this is all very confusing and Treyarch have done a great job to scramble our minds on this one. Please correct any of my points if they're wrong, I am still having a lot of trouble with this storyline and need the clarity, thanks.

No worries, it's all very convoluted, not to mention the flurry of crazy theories out there. Yes, time may be 'stopped,' however it has been that way ever since the Original Der Riese, where the clock kept looping the same three seconds. However, since Samantha was teleported to the moon, she was still able to make it into the MPD. Just as the others are still capable of moving and taking action, so is she. So I believe it is safe to assume she is back in control. 

• Administrators

About the whole Maxis death scenario...the beginning of The Giant cutscene shows the occurring events in which Richtofen teleports Maxis and Samantha to Moon. We know this, because it's virtually a repeat of the audio recordings we hear in Griffin Station (Moon). Both got teleported there, Sam ran into the MPD thus being trapped, Maxis was told her to kill all of them and was shot. Thus, Sam ruled over the zombies. 

But @alexthingy is spot on - there would need to be more time before the zombies were ruled by Samantha. Which makes me believe that yellow-orange is the default color of the zombie eyes. Sam could have easily adopted it.

As far as the Origins ending goes...what we do know is that the NO4 went through a teleporter in Origins. After that is up in the air. Sam's new storyline seemed to be going smoothly - a kid named Edward, Maxis alive, and her dog not undead. Why would she or anyone want to change that course of time? The NO4 went somewhere and were given an objective: to stop the original Richtofen in the alternate timeline.

Time seemingly froze right at 1:15am and the NO4 where there. Looks like they were already there a few minutes prior to Richtofen doing THE THING. And the quote that Dempsey says to Richtofen is "Dammit Richtofen, I thought we were done with this!", which means they probably could rewrite history in the favor much easily so long as the original Richtofen followed their commands. With him dead, NO4 Richtofen declared that they would create a better tomorrow themselves.

• Administrators

About the whole Maxis death scenario...the beginning of The Giant cutscene shows the occurring events in which Richtofen teleports Maxis and Samantha to Moon. We know this, because it's virtually a repeat of the audio recordings we hear in Griffin Station (Moon). Both got teleported there, Sam ran into the MPD thus being trapped, Maxis was told her to kill all of them and was shot. Thus, Sam ruled over the zombies. 

But @alexthingy is spot on - there would need to be more time before the zombies were ruled by Samantha. Which makes me believe that yellow-orange is the default color of the zombie eyes. Sam could have easily adopted it.

As far as the Origins ending goes...what we do know is that the NO4 went through a teleporter in Origins. After that is up in the air. Sam's new storyline seemed to be going smoothly - a kid named Edward, Maxis alive, and her dog not undead. Why would she or anyone want to change that course of time? The NO4 went somewhere and were given an objective: to stop the original Richtofen in the alternate timeline.

Time seemingly froze right at 1:15am and the NO4 where there. Looks like they were already there a few minutes prior to Richtofen doing THE THING. And the quote that Dempsey says to Richtofen is "Dammit Richtofen, I thought we were done with this!", which means they probably could rewrite history in the favor much easily so long as the original Richtofen followed their commands. With him dead, NO4 Richtofen declared that they would create a better tomorrow themselves.

Yet somehow, Samantha was in control even earlier than that...but that's a subject for another discussion.

Just as one might ask when Richtofen was shot. Was he shot at 1:15:00? When did Samantha take control? The zombies didn't begin to storm Der Riese, per the time in the trailer for about 30 seconds, just a short time longer than the length of time between when she arrived at Griffin Station and when she entered the MPD, and just about the exact length of time between when Griffin Station detects an intruder and when the radio ends. So did she take control at 1:15:30 or 1:15:00? It's a paradox.

Yet somehow, Samantha was in control even earlier than that...but that's a subject for another discussion.

Just as one might ask when Richtofen was shot. Was he shot at 1:15:00? When did Samantha take control? The zombies didn't begin to storm Der Riese, per the time in the trailer for about 30 seconds, just a short time longer than the length of time between when she arrived at Griffin Station and when she entered the MPD, and just about the exact length of time between when Griffin Station detects an intruder and when the radio ends. So did she take control at 1:15:30 or 1:15:00? It's a paradox.

What I can't get my head around is why Samantha would target old Richtofen so soon, she only goes berserk with her power when her father, Maxis, is shot by... I don't know who he was shot by actually. But when Maxis was killed, that is when Samantha snapped and turned her anger towards Richtofen in hopes the zombies would get him. I think The original four characters went to "The Giant" to try and save Maxis, but were too late.

The plan was not to kill old Richtofen, because even the other three original characters are surprised/angry at what new Richtofen had done, I think they were supposed to convince him to listen to them so he wouldn't trigger everything from that point on. However, maybe there is something that this younger Richtofen is keeping from them, after all, that is the Richtofen we're so familiar with.

• Administrators

Here's an interesting thought, though...is that originally, Richtofen and Maxis disappeared from Der Riese prior to the outbreak, as indicated in SNN. For some reason, presumably, the arrival of the NO4, however, in this trailer, Richtofen was unable to escape before the outbreak began. 

So, for instance:

-Samantha takes MPD

-Richtofen flees 

-Maxis shot

-Verrückt is overrun

-Richtofen 'tricks' and kills Peter McKay

-SNN is overrun 

-Der Riese is overrun

Edited by NaBrZHunter