The Giant OFFICIAL TRAILER

Maybe you should post a screen cap, or a link to the statement on it.

Besides, I happen to remember notable companies changing their minds before.

Nintendo had made a statement once that after their Mewtwo DLC experiment for SSB4, they did not plan on releasing any more DLC characters. 

Then they made a trailer for another DLC character.

Then they went ahead and released 3 at once shortly after E3.

Even if they really did say word for word that The Giant will be the only repeated location in zombies in BO3, doesn't mean it is impossible.

I would like to see this quote though, it must be from an interview or panel that I missed.

Granted I have to agree that Der Riese is the only location that really makes sense for a revisit in a rewrite. 

Assuming the cutscene and gameplay take place immediately after Richtofen betrays Maxis, then Maxis and Samantha are not yet in control of anything.

What follows is Samantha appearing on Moon and running into the MPD while scared and alone after Richtofen's scientists charge up the MPD. Maxis then will somehow be located from wherever he is and then will be brought to the MPD to try and coax Samantha out, when that fails he will be shot and absorbed into the Moon computer systems through the MPD.

But since none of that has happened yet, Maxis is still alive, and Samantha may or may not have just reached the MPD.

If she has, then Moon might make sense. If she hasn't yet, then Der Riese alone is the only pivot point.

Anyway, that's my two cents. 

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/619244969069391872

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo had made a statement once that after their Mewtwo DLC experiment for SSB4, they did not plan on releasing any more DLC characters. 

Even if they really did say word for word that The Giant will be the only repeated location in zombies in BO3, doesn't mean it is impossible.

I would like to see this quote though, it must be from an interview or panel that I missed.

Granted I have to agree that Der Riese is the only location that really makes sense for a revisit in a rewrite. 

Assuming the cutscene and gameplay take place immediately after Richtofen betrays Maxis, then Maxis and Samantha are not yet in control of anything.

What follows is Samantha appearing on Moon and running into the MPD while scared and alone after Richtofen's scientists charge up the MPD. Maxis then will somehow be located from wherever he is and then will be brought to the MPD to try and coax Samantha out, when that fails he will be shot and absorbed into the Moon computer systems through the MPD.

But since none of that has happened yet, Maxis is still alive, and Samantha may or may not have just reached the MPD.

If she has, then Moon might make sense. If she hasn't yet, then Der Riese alone is the only pivot point.

Well you have a point there. 

Let's not forget: 

-The joker is DEAD. 

-I mark hammel will not return to voice the joker for the arkham series. 

-Joker is NOT going to be the main villain of this game...

Well you have a point there. 

Let's not forget: 

-The joker is DEAD. 

-I mark hammel will not return to voice the joker for the arkham series. 

-Joker is NOT going to be the main villain of this game...

Um, are you okay mocking?

Um, are you okay mocking?

I think he is pointing out the fact that before Arkham Knights was coming out the dev's stated that the Joker would not return on a few occasions, and then Mark Hammill himself stated he would not return as the joker in the Arkham series only for the joker to return as the main villain and for Mark Hammill to return as the voice of the joker also.

Basically, Dev's talk shit so don't listen to them for the most part.

Oh I genuinely thought that mocking had just replied to the wrong post. Yeah devs talk a load of rubbish tbh but nothing you can do sadly but not buy into what they say like it is law.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As Im sure many have already realized, this seems to be possibly the very moments after Ricky betrayed maxis and locked him and samantha  in the teleport...  yes !!!

"Dont worry , my father has a plan"..- samantha  (My faith is being rewarded) !!!

"Let go, and the begining will become the end" - MOTD taC cipher  (Makes more sense now)

"The giant is in France" - MOTD agfx cipher (solved myself...keyword was Portal) tricky bastards ;)

Like to point out that I believe the connections between MOTD(Mob of the Dead) and BO3 Zombies is very important , most of the ciphers and mystery in MOTD refer/relate to "The Giant"  map. And i believe this is due to the relationship between the new Shadows of Evil map and the Mob of the Dead map...seem to be similar in terms of whats going on...they are there due to their own "sins" , just like MOTD, and the devil dog motiff seems very similar to the lion headed gumball machine (remember that the insipration for the devil dogs in MOTD was from the real life comic "The adventures of Shock Gibson" where there are lion that look just like the devil dogs, and in one scene they are halfway coming out of a wall !!)

I think MOTD and Shadows of Evil are both being controlled by some "shadow man" (the Vri-ya ?)

Like to point out that I believe the connections between MOTD(Mob of the Dead) and BO3 Zombies is very important , most of the ciphers and mystery in MOTD refer/relate to "The Giant"  map. And i believe this is due to the relationship between the new Shadows of Evil map and the Mob of the Dead map...seem to be similar in terms of whats going on...they are there due to their own "sins" , just like MOTD, and the devil dog motiff seems very similar to the lion headed gumball machine (remember that the insipration for the devil dogs in MOTD was from the real life comic "The adventures of Shock Gibson" where there are lion that look just like the devil dogs, and in one scene they are halfway coming out of a wall !!)

I think MOTD and Shadows of Evil are both being controlled by some "shadow man" (the Vri-ya ?)

The Vrul have never been proven to be some evil force or entity in the story, it is just a lazy explanation for things that got out of hand and made them apparently evil. Also the comic you are talking about is called Icarus from Mars, the plane is named after Al's creation as well and it even parallels what happens in the story of Icarus.

The comic al from MOTD made is called Icarus, yes,. But it is based off of a real comic from the 1930's called The Adventures of Shock Gibson.  If you do a search , you will be rewarded with much insight into zombies. In the comic shock gibson battles against an evil german scientist who uses ray guns, dog looking lions that come out of walls, and ZOMBIES!

It would seem this comic was inspiration for some of the core elements of 3arch's zombie saga.

Nope vril is a form of energy. The vril ya are a subterranean race. Read Vril: The Power of the Coming Race if you want to know what they are.

Sorry for the bad spelling on it, mobile is hard for me to use.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager
  • 2 weeks later...

He just said it was a powerful ethereal force...and you reply...nope its energy..smdh

And the Vril society was 100% real society that worshipped and revered this Vril energy...

The Vri-ya are some beings that live under the earth currently (tho they came from the heavens)...isnt this also basically what the poster said as well...and you reply...nope...smdh

No it isn't. I explained what vril were and gave him guidance of where their actual origin and I even explained the difference between the race and the energy.

To back up what Nightmare is saying, the Vril-Ya have never been mentioned in Zombies. Not once. There isn't a single quote regarding the Vril-Ya, not even in the huge library of unused quotes from WAW, BO and BO2. Trust me, I've listened to every single one multiple times.

Vril, the energy itself, isn't even directly referenced in Zombies. The only references to Vril are the Vril Generator (Golden Rod) and the V-R11 from Call of the Dead. Yes, Samantha was trapped in Agartha, but Agartha and the Vril-Ya are two different thigs.

Energy has always been apart of Zombies. In WAW it was all about 115, in BO it was all about Aether's energy and Vril, in BO2 it was all about "Ethereal energy". It's just how the game's story has progressed. I think Vril is just another source of energy that's referred to in the story, and nothing more.

Now there's nothing that says Treyarch can't make the Vril-Ya fit into their story in BO3. The devs love to use the fan's ideas in future maps, so we could see them make the Vril-Ya apart of the story in the future. But as of right now, based on the evidence we have, the Vril-Ya serve no role in our story.

Also, just to clarify, I think Jami San was referring to The Vril Society and comparing them to the Vril-Ya. The Vril Society was a real group, the Vril-Ya were a fictional group.

Sorry for the rant. I don't like short answers.

• Administrators

To back up what Nightmare is saying, the Vril-Ya have never been mentioned in Zombies. Not once. There isn't a single quote regarding the Vril-Ya, not even in the huge library of unused quotes from WAW, BO and BO2. Trust me, I've listened to every single one multiple times.

Vril, the energy itself, isn't even directly referenced in Zombies. The only references to Vril are the Vril Generator (Golden Rod) and the V-R11 from Call of the Dead. Yes, Samantha was trapped in Agartha, but Agartha and the Vril-Ya are two different thigs.

Energy has always been apart of Zombies. In WAW it was all about 115, in BO it was all about Aether's energy and Vril, in BO2 it was all about "Ethereal energy". It's just how the game's story has progressed. I think Vril is just another source of energy that's referred to in the story, and nothing more.

Now there's nothing that says Treyarch can't make the Vril-Ya fit into their story in BO3. The devs love to use the fan's ideas in future maps, so we could see them make the Vril-Ya apart of the story in the future. But as of right now, based on the evidence we have, the Vril-Ya serve no role in our story.

Also, just to clarify, I think Jami San was referring to The Vril Society and comparing them to the Vril-Ya. The Vril Society was a real group, the Vril-Ya were a fictional group.

Sorry for the rant. I don't like short answers.

True, the Vril-Ya themselves have never been mentioned or made an appearance (fine by me), but Richtofen stated that the MPD was an 'ancient Vril machine,' implying that someone would have needed to have built it long ago. 

True. But it's like I said, Vril is merely referenced in Zombies, the story doesn't revolve around it. Vril is more a reference to a type of universal energy, and not the Vril-Ya themselves. In WAW the energy was referred to as 115 energy/power, in BO it was called Vril, and BO2 it was called Ethereal energy. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Sure, you could assume that since Richtofen called it a Vril Machine and we get the Vril Generator, that the Vril-Ya must be involved in our story. But it's just an assumption, a theory.

I made the same assumption 3 years ago after doing my analysis on Shangri-La's and Moon's audio files. I was sure the Vril-Ya would be involved in the story. But BO2 came and went, and nothing came of the Vril-Ya. The focus turned to Ethereal energy and the cycle.

And again I'll stress that this doesn't mean the Vril-Ya won't be involved in future maps. But for now, it's just a theory. Not fact.

And I'm not trying to discredit anyone who has a theory about the Vril-Ya being apart of the story. Hell, I used to be one of them. But it's been years since we've had any sort of reference to Vril, and it just seems silly to me that people still talk so much about it.

• Administrators

True. But it's like I said, Vril is merely referenced in Zombies, the story doesn't revolve around it. Vril is more a reference to a type of universal energy, and not the Vril-Ya themselves. In WAW the energy was referred to as 115 energy/power, in BO it was called Vril, and BO2 it was called Ethereal energy. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Sure, you could assume that since Richtofen called it a Vril Machine and we get the Vril Generator, that the Vril-Ya must be involved in our story. But it's just an assumption, a theory.

I made the same assumption 3 years ago after doing my analysis on Shangri-La's and Moon's audio files. I was sure the Vril-Ya would be involved in the story. But BO2 came and went, and nothing came of the Vril-Ya. The focus turned to Ethereal energy and the cycle.

And again I'll stress that this doesn't mean the Vril-Ya won't be involved in future maps. But for now, it's just a theory. Not fact.

And I'm not trying to discredit anyone who has a theory about the Vril-Ya being apart of the story. Hell, I used to be one of them. But it's been years since we've had any sort of reference to Vril, and it just seems silly to me that people still talk so much about it.

I appreciate this strict stance to canon. I was playing devil's advocate (haha...maybe there's a joke in there somewhere) but yeah, I agree. Well supported argument. 

I wasnt really concerned with the Vril-ya as it relates to Zombies, was just trying to remind some people that the Vril society was infact a real society, and that were so-named because of this Vril energy

I thought my post clearly differentiated between the human society and the energy of the same name that they revered.

And even went on to indicate that the Vri-ya were a more "mythical" race that were believed to be real by the very members of the Vril society...i still dont see a single incorrect statement that I made... and when you mention The coming Race, please remember that this is a very very well known book, that any WW2 Nazi occult researcher has already read...but some people like old hats ;)

The over-arching point i want to make is to show the very REAL links between the zombies "mythos" and real world events...though Im sure everyone is aware of this on some level , I propose it is far deeper...the very notion of ciphers and code is to communicate/write/post/convey an idea , but only the "initiated" will understand /know how to read it.

In the cipher world, the initiated are the ones that know/have been told the DE-cipher key..i.e. people on thier team.

3arch use of EE , which are scavenger hunts (term comes from scavanging to find easter eggs on easter) 3arch has made reference to the band Rush who had a famously long running EE associated to thier works...

Its like 3arch is screaming at us...look beneath the surface, follow the clues, connect the dots...those in control are hiding things in plain sight, but only the "initiated" can read it, can understand it...

I believe this is really a message to us concerning the REAL world, and the game is merley a vehicle to attempt to show some of us the door...it is up to us to open it.

• 1 month later...

I've just rewatched this and noticed that Richtofens cheek scar is missing. So that means he gets it after teleporting Maxis and Sam. So how does he get his scar? I always thought if we had another Origins characters map, it would show Richtofen getting in a fight with say Takeo and being given a scar because he attacks him with his sword.