The Giant OFFICIAL TRAILER

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... Very good job Treyarch. You have just bypassed the paradox theory of time travel. Because Samantha resides in Agartha, she is not confined to time and space like we are. and so, the NO4 will not create a paradox of going into the future, because they had no choice in the matter, and samantha would still have known what she did.

Also, if origins resides in the same universe as O4, then that would explain why the zombies eyes were yellow before samantha took control. The Origins version of herself WAS in control, and so the eyes would be yellow. The reason they are red in MOTD is because the evil one is in control at that point, which then samantha, by running into the MPD, was put in control of the evil one, allowing her to use his voice (hence the demonic announcer) and the control of the zombies. TREYARCH, YOU FIXED THE STORYLINE WITH A BONUS MAP. YOU ARE GENIUS!

Man, I really hope we get to find out exactly what the O4 did to be commemorated with such grand statues in Origins.

We must go further back in time, to when the Primis photo takes place.  Looking forward to holding the staves again as well.

• Moderators

Man, I really hope we get to find out exactly what the O4 did to be commemorated with such grand statues in Origins.

We must go further back in time, to when the Primis photo takes place.  Looking forward to holding the staves again as well.

As long as we only have to build them once and then every game afterwards can get them out of the box, I agree. xP

• Administrators

Also since Maxis and Sam just teleported, how can Samantha be in control of the zombies already? Are the yellow eyes still hers or are they someone elses?

Don't forget that Verruckt and most likely Nacht happened before Samantha was in the MPD, according to the CotD radios. MMX thinks yellow eyes is a default state for them, so it could apply to this. Unless of course Samantha immediately gets into the MPD after teleporting.

Also, maybe it could still be Origins Sam in control. I'm actually really curious whether we'll have American Sam or German Sam now. I don't think you can tell from her cry in the video what her accent is.

It is completely possible for Samantha to already be in the teleporter, as when Richtofen activated it, she went to Griffin Station. 

And it should still be the German Samantha, as it was in the radio. 

Also since Maxis and Sam just teleported, how can Samantha be in control of the zombies already? Are the yellow eyes still hers or are they someone elses?

Don't forget that Verruckt and most likely Nacht happened before Samantha was in the MPD, according to the CotD radios. MMX thinks yellow eyes is a default state for them, so it could apply to this. Unless of course Samantha immediately gets into the MPD after teleporting.

Also, maybe it could still be Origins Sam in control. I'm actually really curious whether we'll have American Sam or German Sam now. I don't think you can tell from her cry in the video what her accent is.

It is completely possible for Samantha to already be in the teleporter, as when Richtofen activated it, she went to Griffin Station. 

Actually, if you believe that origins is before WW2, then Agartha, being in multiple dimensions at once, allows samantha (origins version) to be in control of the zombies before the events of Richtofen's betrayal to Maxis.

• Administrators

Actually, if you believe that origins is before WW2, then Agartha, being in multiple dimensions at once, allows samantha (origins version) to be in control of the zombies before the events of Richtofen's betrayal to Maxis.

Regardless, due to his betraying them at Der Riese she has invariably re-entered the MPD again, unless they took other precautions before coming back here. 

I don't think SAMANTHA is the issue. I think the REAL reason they came back was to stop RICHTOFEN from doing all his stuff. 

Think about it. Shortly after this, samantha goes into the MPD, and a bit later he instructs groph to find maxis and brings him to the base using MTD and MPD tech. 

There is but a small window in time in which richtofen has fulfilled his goals of sending samantha to the MPD, and not yet armed himself alongside other scientists or worse: The test subjects. 

Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo are NO match for Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo after 115 treatment.  But now thanks to expert timing they've eliminated the need to kill those 3 in one swoop. 

Logically the only map I can see being revisted is Moon. Ascension, despite being one of the most popular maps I don't think would be revisited. I think Kino would be more likely, and a close second to Moon.

Also what I mean by German Sam and American Sam is just the voice actress. When I talk about different Sam's I would probably say Origins Sam and WW2 Sam (they're the same person, but Origins Sam clearly has more knowledge and seems god like haha).

Edited by Rissole25

They said they weren't planned on doing any more "revisited" maps. 

If they were, they wouldn't admit it right there and then.

No they flatout said that on the agenda there is little to no hope of another remade map for black ops 3. Why would they? There's only going to be a single zombies map after the giant released with DLCs 1,2, and 3 at the LEAST. Possibly/Probably DLC 4 as well. Why would they piss people off with a "Sorry mate, we weren't original enough to bring you a new map, so.. HERE'S KINO AGAIN! 

No they flatout said that on the agenda there is little to no hope of another remade map for black ops 3. Why would they? There's only going to be a single zombies map after the giant released with DLCs 1,2, and 3 at the LEAST. Possibly/Probably DLC 4 as well. Why would they piss people off with a "Sorry mate, we weren't original enough to bring you a new map, so.. HERE'S KINO AGAIN! 

I wouldn't be pissed about that :(

But I do understand what you're all saying, I had not seen or heard that they said this so it's news to me.
I just hope the DLC maps go forward with the NO4 story after what goes down at Der Riese. 

Also, I've been wondering, what if they add another, much larger EE in Der Riese other than Fly Trap? I don't know how I'd feel about that.

I wonder what NO3 is referring to by saying "Great evil behind the door".

Are they referring to Richtofen (Origins)? Had there been any argument on the event since it was in Origins?

Do they know that Richtofen(Origins) will be behind the teleporter's door?

Why are they aware of the "EVIL" there?

Got a lotta questions.

Treyarch know they can make lots of money with Zombies. Look at the special edition for Black Ops 3. It's mainly Zombies-orientated. I'm not saying that any of the map packs will have remade Zombie maps instead of new ones, but nothing's stopping them from releasing old maps as micro-transactions, and if they think they can make money from them, they'll do it.

Treyarch know they can make lots of money with Zombies. Look at the special edition for Black Ops 3. It's mainly Zombies-orientated. I'm not saying that any of the map packs will have remade Zombie maps instead of new ones, but nothing's stopping them from releasing old maps as micro-transactions, and if they think they can make money from them, they'll do it.

except for the fact that they literally said word for word that they weren't

Maybe you should post a screen cap, or a link to the statement on it.

Besides, I happen to remember notable companies changing their minds before.

Nintendo had made a statement once that after their Mewtwo DLC experiment for SSB4, they did not plan on releasing any more DLC characters. 

Then they made a trailer for another DLC character.

Then they went ahead and released 3 at once shortly after E3.

Even if they really did say word for word that The Giant will be the only repeated location in zombies in BO3, doesn't mean it is impossible.

I would like to see this quote though, it must be from an interview or panel that I missed.

Granted I have to agree that Der Riese is the only location that really makes sense for a revisit in a rewrite. 

Assuming the cutscene and gameplay take place immediately after Richtofen betrays Maxis, then Maxis and Samantha are not yet in control of anything.

What follows is Samantha appearing on Moon and running into the MPD while scared and alone after Richtofen's scientists charge up the MPD. Maxis then will somehow be located from wherever he is and then will be brought to the MPD to try and coax Samantha out, when that fails he will be shot and absorbed into the Moon computer systems through the MPD.

But since none of that has happened yet, Maxis is still alive, and Samantha may or may not have just reached the MPD.

If she has, then Moon might make sense. If she hasn't yet, then Der Riese alone is the only pivot point.

Anyway, that's my two cents. 

Even if they really did say word for word that The Giant will be the only repeated location in zombies in BO3, doesn't mean it is impossible.

I only quoted this portion of your post @MegaAfroMan so as not to spam but I agree with all of it. Just because the developers said the have no immediate plans to revist or remake old maps doesn't mean they won't. If anything it would make a lot of sense for them to revisit Moon considering that the community has largly demanded a continuation of the events of Moon for a long time now. They may not always show it but Treyarch do take in what the community wants... from time to time.

If this bonus Der Riese map is to continue on with the O4 characters beyond the vanilla disc and into DLC then you have to think that they would then next pay a visit to Griffin Station to somehow destroy or remove the cause of this problem in the first place, which is the MPD. I know if I was Richtofen and I killed my older, more insane self then the next step would be to target what sent him insane in the first place and to then remove the ability for the MPD to poison any other minds to prevent these people going on to destroy the world.

I am not necessarily expecting a revist of Moon but I definitely wouldn't rule it out irregardless of what a few dev's said.