Gumballs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the gumball machines I should mention have red lights in the trailer, while ones we know are active have yellow lights. 

We know now these aren't perks. But if that's the case: Where are the perks? 

I want to know why on the machines that aren't active all 3 lights are red. On the one that is active only one light is green. Can you only use each one 3 times, or is it part of an E.E. 

Well, two things actually: 

I feel like perks are returning obviously, and they wouldn't dramaticaly change the manner in which you get them. But I'm thinking they intentionally DIDN'T show them because they're aesthetically / stylistically very different. Like if for example the machines had the MotD flicker effect, they wouldn't want us seeing that for obvious reasons. Or alternately they could have just made the machines look cooler and they don't wanna spoil it. 

Secondly, and on a similar note, they show the brief shot of someone firing the PaP'd AR. In this shot the player is doing a 180 while priming the gun, to turn and fire. My theory is that they literally JUST PaP'd it the second before, and pulled the gun back out (hence the priming) but they cleverly cut out the footage of the player actually looking at the machine. Why? Because it's different in some way? Alternately they could jist be reloading or something, but whatever, it's food for thought. 

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think there taking out perks i mean the perks are part of the zombies like the ray gun its like the emblem of zombies.

Now for the gumball machines i think it would be like mini perks.What do i mean by that? So lets say you buy it its going to last for like 5 rounds for the lower rounds and the higher rounds you go the less time you have until you have it for 1 round.

What are they going to do?
Well it will give you the abilitieis of something not realy overpowered but still better than that balanced level something like a ray gun for the amount of rounds you have it or you dont lose your perks for the amount of rounds you have it or an extra hit for the zombies to hit you or your perks are stronger ( speed cola: you reload even faster, juggernaut: even more hits, stamin-up: you run even faster, quick revive: revive even faster etc.) or something like that

Thing is, the gumballs seen have already been shown to be really OP. Like the one that makes you invisible to zombies, or the one that sends out a powerful nuke when you've been hit. Or the one that makes drops appear. 

I think A: You can only use the machine 3 times a round. and B: The GP (Gum-perks) won't last more then a round.

• 1 month later...

I think A: You can only use the machine 3 times a round. and B: The GP (Gum-perks) won't last more then a round.

I believe the machine can be used three times before it moves, because, if you could only use it three times each round, then it would be unfair for the players that wouldn't be able to afford any. As for how long they last; I believe that they could possibly be similar to the tactical grenades. So they probably could last more than  round depending on how many times you use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Some are permanent and some aren't depending on what they do. For example in the trailer we see one that drops a Carpenter is it? That one can't be permanent since it is a drop so you would have to rebuy it from the gumball machine.

The gumballs really come across as just a new gimmick like the buildables from BO2 that they want to introduce to these new zombie maps. Seeing as SoE appears to be the one map that will be somewhat separate from all the others that will come out for BO3, I would be surprised if they include them in any of the other future maps. That is unless they turn out to be super popular, in which case I'm sure Treyarch would then just code it in before release. Like the buildables I'm sure some gumballs will be way more useful than others and eventually people will only go for a select few and ignore or not even use the rest.

From what we know so far about their effects, they do seem a tad op and while I appreciate the idea of adding new features to zombies, I do have a slight fear that it will make zombies easier and we'll all of the sudden get a bunch of new "pros" who will think got really really good at zombies and be super annoying about it when playing with them. Maybe I'm just being overly skeptical or thinking too deep into it, but the current population of (mostly kids) people who try to lead a match thinking they know everything and get mad at you if you don't do exactly as they say or buy everything for them so they can "set up" and carry us through a match is bad enough. I don't need more of that, or an influx of new people like that joining this forum thinking they know better than us.

That being said, hopefully I'm wrong and the gumballs will just be a fun new gimmick for SoE and all will be well.

• 2 weeks later...

So it appears gumballs are sort of like AW's orbital drops. Only 70x cooler. 

new question: Will the giant have gumballs? I don't see why not, but there's little evidence.

I think the Giant is going to mostly work like Black Ops 2 maps and be a spiritual successor to Der Riese and Origins. But I do think gumballs will be in every map after Shadows of Evil, it would make sense considering what we have seen of their functionality in and out of game.