Special Edition exclusive? Or Season Pass and Microtransaction?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The details for the hardened edition haven't been released yet. I'm holding off to see those.

The details for the hardened edition haven't been released yet. I'm holding off to see those.

Do you mean in terms of price? Or in terms of content included in it? Because, the latter has already been announced.

Call_of_Duty_Black_Ops_III_Hardened_edit

Well there you go. Gettin the digital deluxe version. 

The Hardened Edition should definitely have the Season Pass. I'm considering getting the Digital Deluxe Edition, even though I prefer physical to digital so much that the only digital games I have on my PS4 are the free games that are given out every month with PS Plus. I'll need to get one or the other though if I want to have The Giant at launch.

It really is poorly made isn't it? 

You either have to drop 200$ on the (already sold-out) juggernog edition, 

Purchase the season's pass apart from the hardened edition so that's like what, 150$ now, almost as much as the juggernog edition. 

Or get the digital deluxe edition and not get a hard-copy. 

OR get the base game and the Season's pass for around 110$ and get the giant late. 

Purchase the season's pass apart from the hardened edition so that's like what, 150$ now, almost as much as the juggernog edition. 

OR get the base game and the Season's pass for around 110$ and get the giant late. 

Definitely. I needed to spend more than 200 if I wanted to get the Jug edition when it was still in stock, but I passed on that. I'm also pretty sure now that the Hardened Edition isn't even confirmed for Ireland as of now. Looks like I'll be getting the Digital Deluxe Edition. :/

But hey, on the bright side I won't have to change discs now! :P

Also, with digital, you get early download apparently, so you can START playing the game at midnight nov. 6th instead of getting the game, running home, wait an hour for the download and title update, then playing. Or so I'm told. 

I also heard something about that, that's great if that's the case. I know you could do that with Arkham Knight at least anyway.

• Moderators

Gotta love this business.

Don't remind me. I got the game for disc, but while it was downloading (during a storm) my internet got cut. So I sat in frustration for 5 days while I HAD the game downloaded but couldn't play because I didn't have the update. 

Man, that sucks. Isn't there some way of skipping the download and playing offline? You can do that on PS4 anyway. Either way, fingers crossed the same doesn't happen for Black Ops 3. 

Do you people not read anything? The Giant, and the weaponized 115 and cyborg camos WILL be included in the digital deluxe edition. 

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-III-Digital-Deluxe-Edition/aec429f4-d9b2-4b53-837e-782f7d7d5165

Read the description of the item. All it takes is paying attention, or in your case a quick google search. 

We know. It's the hardened edition that doesn't come with the season's pass that's the issue. 

See, the hardened edition is by far the best deal, IF it included the seasons pass like the others which it doesn't. 

The digital deluxe edition includes the (unimportant) weapons camos and the giant WITH the season's pass, making IT the best deal, HOWEVER, it does not come with a hard-copy of the game, meaning there's no disc, only a code which downloads the game, which, as it turns out, is actually the MOST effective means to get the game,as it allows one to begin the download a day or two ahead of schedule, so unlike other versions, this version allows you to simply start playing the game at midnight on Nov. 6th as opposed to getting the game, driving home, downloading it from the disc, and then playing. 

The juggernog edition gets you the season's pass, early access to the giant, AND a hardcopy of the game, but you've got to drop the extra 100 dollars for the fridge and it's already out of stock. 

Lastly you can just get a normal version of the game on disc and a season's pass for about 110$ which is reasonable, but you don't get access to the giant early. 

Edited by Stop mocking me0

You can play without any updates on the PS4, you won't be able to play online but you can still play the game or at least whatever was downloaded.

You can play any disc based X1 game offline without an internet connection. Title updates are not necessary to play anything. How would a console even know you needed a title update if it's not online. Point being even if you have started a title update and it cuts out midway, you can delete the title update and continue playing offline.

Edited by DeathBringerZen

You can play without any updates on the PS4, you won't be able to play online but you can still play the game or at least whatever was downloaded.

You can play any disc based X1 game offline without an internet connection. Title updates are not necessary to play anything. How would a console even know you needed a title update if it's not online. Point being even if you have started a title update and it cuts out midway, you can delete the title update and continue playing offline.

Didn't let me do that. See what happened was the internet cut out DURING the title update (at about 15%) and try as I might, I couldn't play the game without the update.