Shadow of Evil Reactions

Hi everyone! 

I didn't see much of a place were people were discussing their initial reaction to this map, so I wanted to start one. 

Be prepared for a read if you read mine:

In 3 years, Treyarch has managed to bring forth an AMAZING LOOKING map. The scenery and style is very vibrant of Mob of the dead, one of my favorite maps. The dark atmosphere and 1900s vibe is awesome because there is something to fear in this time. They did not have super powerful weapons like Advanced Warfare gadgets, but just enough to get by and survive the hordes. Also the style is very similar, IMO, to Arkham City in Batman Arkham Knight. It also has a nice mix of Bioshock "dystopia" feel. So over all, scenery wise, this is exactly what i want: Dark, eerie, and demonic feeling.

Zombies: Designs are okay on NORMAL zombies. I enjoy looking at what they are wearing because you can discover different things about the map. These zombies felt a little lack luster, wearing trousers and caps of the time. I look forward to more designs. As for the little alien looking wasps: i hope they die in a fire.  I do not have good aim. I will miss often and from the looks of this map, I will not enjoy being out of ammo i a corner. However, they are an interesting edition and i welcome it, seeing as how we haven't had a FLYING zombie enemy yet. And finally, the big bad mini boss. VERY cool but somewhat out of place. I mean, if we had a better idea that this is a...demonic, scene, then it would make sense. I honestly don't know what else this boss could have been...like a super powerful whore or Al Capone or super cop- wait they already did that one. In any case, this boss is really cool and looks fun to fight, but VERY out of place IF this whole thing isnt taking place in like hell or something.

Characters: Interesting enough. These are some really interesting to have been chose, however. Why a magician? Like, wtf? And some random whore...I mean, it's weird! But I like it! The magician is definitely the one to be watching however, If you noticed in the the trailer, there was a lot of voodoo stuff with that guy exploding. If anyone here is doing that it's the magician. Or maybe the cop sold his soul? Or the whore? Honestly don't know about the boxer but he definitely isnt a Cinderella Man. 

Story: I think this Mysterious Shadow Man is an interesting twist. Typically, we figure out that stuff ourselves, going all the way back saying that Samantha is the Narrator which then evolved into Richtofen or Maxis. Then we had that demonic announcer in Mob of the Dead. I like that there is a story here the most. Like, WTF keeps running through my mind in only 2 maps: Shangri La and Mob of the Dead. What happened? What is going on? How did things become this way? Mob of the dead was definitely the one map that I believe still holds many secrets.

Overall, the hype train appeared and I got on. This lived up to my expectations. I love what we see so far and I look forward to the release! 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shitty filler? Come now, man. Map looks really unique and atmospheric. More like awesome filler, like MOTD. I am more excited for the Giant, though.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Shadows of Evil looks genuinely fun, and very unique. I love the Noire atmosphere and the storyline they're setting up with it, which seems very similar to Mob of The Dead. Great cast of characters, by the way!

The wait for The Giant's trailer is killing me, though! 

Well first off, its good to be back. I last visited this site back hen Origins was released. Now that the trailer has released i'm back in the zombie hype. After watching the trailer i'm worried about the monsters. I hoping that the smaller creatures work the same as dog rounds and the three-headed monster won't show up often.

Well first off, its good to be back. I last visited this site back hen Origins was released. Now that the trailer has released i'm back in the zombie hype. After watching the trailer i'm worried about the monsters. I hoping that the smaller creatures work the same as dog rounds and the three-headed monster won't show up often.

From what I've seen, the flying spawns are a result of the 3 headed thing and the 3 headed thing has it's own round. 

Honestly Leaderboards are a bit pointless. What is the point of looking at leaderboards if you will never get to round 99 and odds are you are number 130,485 on the leaderboards.

if ur as good as me u would care about lleaderboards. It shows how well u do amongst ur friends and the world. Who has the most endurance?

Leaderboard modding and glitching has been a larg issue in the past.

Due to it being just a side project they diden care. I dont blam them.

But now If their gonna say they put effort into it. then the leaderboards need watched. WIth next gen tech they can do it way eazier.

@treyarch im always watching

Although I'm not sold on the 3 headed tentacle monster yet, the rest of it looks absolutely amazing.  Of course i'm beside  myself with joy about the giant, but shadow of evil looks really kick ass. 

first, we get to play as Jeff Goldblum, his quotes sound hilarious, and we got to see his vinegar strokes:

tumblr_luvm55oJdR1qa9yvvo1_250.gif

we also get to play as WHITT BASS, the best pitcher the Angels ever had besides Mel Clark:

tumblr_lphquoXat81qa12tx.png

whitt.jpg

next, it looks like the type-100 is returning, along with several other prohibition era guns.  The swords look incredible, and im hoping they are like the staves from origins, where there are 4 different ones and everyone can wield one.

The EE hunting on release day between the 2+ maps is going to be ridiculous

From  what it looked like the creatures are humans that get turned into them. From the beginning of this trailer someone says he knows who all of them are and what they've done. Does that mean this is like some kind of punishment for them.

BTW anyone notice how during the interview Treyarch said there are still undiscovered Easter Eggs that haven't been found in zombies yet?

Looked absolutely amazing. I said it in another thread, but I would assume the tentacle monster is a power up that has something to do with the EE. 

Absolutely amazing atmosphere. A little disapointed the buildables are back, hopefully they'll be used sparingly. 

The gumballs are an awesome idea, although hopefully it isn't just a random perk machine, and we still have jugg/speed/quick revive/etc still available. I saw at least one new perk in there, with two people on it (the first purple one). 

I actually wonder if we won't have our normal perk a cola's and gumballs as two seperate perk lines.

The knife's are either crazy OP, and have at least three different abilities, or they are similar to the staffs in Origins. Hoping for the latter on that one. 

I would hope that three headed creature is like a Panzer round. To me looked like a lot of Origins, and MOTD inspiration in this map, which is great, as they're my two favourite BO2 maps. So excited is it November yet?

Map looks great to me. It's nicely designed, looks quite big too. That three-headed monster, the flying monsters, and the power-up that apparently turns the player into a monster makes me hesitate. Besides from that though, it does look pretty good. The characters seem to have pretty interesting backgrounds, and are pretty funny too. I swear, if we're getting the Type 100 back, we better get the Tommy Gun back too.

Honestly Shadows of Evil looks like more shitty filler. However they say it will connect to the REAL story people actually care about. So hopefully it will be good. The Giant is the map I am most hyped up for

This is exactly what I'm hoping it is - get the gimmicky 'celebs' map out the way early! bring the real stuff in the DLC maps.Though I fear that won't be that case...

I hope it's good because to me there's just something not quite right about it :/

• 3 weeks later...

Two big thumbs down for me.

I had the pleasure of seeing this trailer first, and had a plan to go the next morning and get my preorder money back. Then someone on facebook linked me to the Giant trailer and that stopped me from getting the refund.

I know by now, it's standard for 3arc to include celebrities in their games, more specifically, every game has that one map with actors and that has been just fine for me until now.

Now we have all this crazy monster stuff....three headed aliens and those flying things, just stupid looking to me. I guess it reminds me of extinction mode and I have a special kind of hate for that game.

Also the new superpower, it just looks like someone played too much "Darkness" series and thought it would be cool to include those snake arm things.

It's not often I write something off before I try it, but this just gives me a bad feeling. Mostly because I was hoping 3arc would realize that going too far from the original formula is bad for their long time fans, they should have learned that from BO2.

What I can say is the map has a nice theme to it, I like the classic look of everything, most of the actors in the game I like, and I am curious to see how the melee works in the map, seeing hellboy go crazy with his fists is pretty cool.

Anyways, see you people in the Giant lol

-Actors are great and it doesn't appear they'll be returning in the next map. 

I think it's too early to say that yet. I know so far these appear to be a MotD/CotD type of crew, but isn't it strange, if that is the case, that we're getting that map on-disc this time around?

I think it's too early to say that yet. I know so far these appear to be a MotD/CotD type of crew, but isn't it strange, if that is the case, that we're getting that map on-disc this time around?

As long as Robert Englund never returns to CoDz everything will be ok.

Tats, why don't you like the SOE trailer. 

-Big ass monster boss that has it's own round.  (the last time a singular boss had it's own round was in Five) 

-Epic looking gumball-perks

Honestly I see no reason to be skeptical. 

Last time a enemy had their own round was in Buried, The Witch had her own round.

I really don't like it just because it doesn't look like zombie to me.

This series has been around for long enough to have old timers (me) wish things were like they were back in the day lol.

Just give me a few rooms with windows, standard weapons and a singular WW.

I remember ranting awhile back how the EEs aren't EEs anymore, and this map reeks of that. They say it's the largest and most secretive map to date, well they said that about Tranzit too so I guess I'll just have to see.

If I do enjoy the map, you're more than welcome to link this post and I will print out all my replies, and eat them on camera. That is how certain I am that this map is not for me. I'm a grouchy veteran player that just wants the classic feel back without all the flashy bells and whistles.

And Zelkova I think he was talking about singular bosses, which the ghost IS one entity, but I wouldn't call her singular by any means, being she has crashed my game before, spawning I don't even know how many versions of herself ( I think they patched that though, it was early in the maps release when that happened to me)

And Zelkova I think he was talking about singular bosses, which the ghost IS one entity, but I wouldn't call her singular by any means, being she has crashed my game before, spawning I don't even know how many versions of herself ( I think they patched that though, it was early in the maps release when that happened to me)

Had her crash the game on me dozen of times too >_>