My case for why "The Giant" is NOT a "remake"

Okay, lets get this out in the open. I don't think The Giant is going to be a remake. I think it's going to be a fully re imagined, totally expanded and blown up map. I think we still see the areas we've grown accustomed to, however I think that we will have far more access to those places that you should have been able to go to in the first release. 

The biggest deterring factor for me thinking this isn't just a remake, is that the last time Treyarch gave us classic maps, it was just that. MAPS. They gave us the entire WaW collection with the collectors editions, not just one map remade. Also the name change, of them actually calling it The Giant. None of the maps were renamed when we got them in Black Ops. This collectors edition is MADE for us, the zombie diehards. I don't think Treyarch would let us down with the map. I'm fairly certain we will get more info regarding the map today, but I have a feeling that we are going to get a experience that will blow us away. 

I'd like to see the stigma of it being a "remake" die quickly. 

What do you guys think? 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Remake = Where they take the base game (or map in this case) and completely REMAKE it from the ground up which often includes lots of changes (ex: FFVII remake announced at E3)

Remaster (the word you guys are thinking of) = Leaving the base game (or map) almost exactly the same and improving mainly visuals (ex. GTAV, 4 original W@W maps in Black Ops)

I beleive It's the same Location as the original der riese however it takes place immediately AFTER Richtofen betrays Maxis and Samantha and he makes his escape to go back to griffons station. However he is stopped by the Origins crew

dun dun dun!!! Oh man this is gonna b a fun 2 months!

If that is the case. Would that map be our story filler in. And the new maps continue it on? For a possable sum up or end?

But then again. Their is no end to zombies

I'd say we best call it a reboot - from the looks of things, there's some time travel shenanigans going on so it's make sense for the map to be the same but different - I'd guess that they'll expand the map, add a couple of the new perk a colas, put in the BO3 guns, add an EE, and possibly add some new boss zombies or put in a Wunderwaffe mark 2 or some form of upgraded version of the weapon.

Plus, it's possible that this map could result in changes to the timeline, potentially causing some maps to never happen, therfor it would essentially be rebooting the timeline. Of course that's just speculation at this point.

While I would normally call it a remake, since that was the word attached to the WaW maps in BO1, I think it would give people  the wrong idea, hence why I would go for "reboot".

I beleive It's the same Location as the original der riese however it takes place immediately AFTER Richtofen betrays Maxis and Samantha and he makes his escape to go back to griffons station. However he is stopped by the Origins crew

If that is the case. Would that map be our story filler in. And the new maps continue it on? For a possable sum up or end?

What if....I mean...what IF. Origins Richtofen Splits up from the Group to ensure that the Events continue as normal until Moon where thay plan to alter the course of History. This would explain those pictures showing only Takeo, Dempsey and Nikolai with richtofen crossed out. He isn;t dead, he is simply splitting up from the group

What if....I mean...what IF. Origins Richtofen Splits up from the Group to ensure that the Events continue as normal until Moon where thay plan to alter the course of History. This would explain those pictures showing only Takeo, Dempsey and Nikolai with richtofen crossed out. He isn;t dead, he is simply splitting up from the group

this would explain some of the buried endings. Hmmmm....