Arkham Knight: THE TRUE BATMAN GAME

Honestly, this game WOW! The trailers do NOT do this game justice! Until virtual reality is a thing, THIS is the closest we'll get to being the batman!

That Batmobile is EFFORTLESSLY easy to maneuver and use, and is the best vehicle i've ever seen in use. One minute you're fighting tanks, then you need to fallow a runaway hot persuit, or maybe rescue catwoman from Riddler, ALL in a day's work! OH and let's not forget adaa-westing up the side of the buildings!

Also, in the fight in which you need to avoid the guy on the lazy susan looking at batman's view while playing as Tim Drake is by FAR the greatest battle EVER! (Tried my hardest not to spoil anything) 

The ONLY thing I couldn't really accept was the true identity of the arkham knight.... I was SO sure it wasn't him... Would have been far better as many other people... but... NEVER THE LESS, a game like this can get a free-be. Besides, the villain I WANTED to see is PLENTY occupied with mischief of his own!

The only OTHER issue I have is the controls, it's REALLY weird jumping from Arkham City, Origins, and Asylum to here, as things like: 

Detonating an explosive gel round

Turning on your detective mode

changing weapons

Are all flipped-flopped for better access to things like the bat mobile. I find myself commonly calling the bat mobile when I really just need to toggle detective vision. 

Those two flaws are the ONLY 2 let downs of this game, and one of them isn't really a let down, just a nuisance. EVERYTHING else has surpassed my expectations. What do you guys think? 

Everything beyond this point IS SPOILERS! 

Ok so one of the things I loved the most about arkham asylum was that one toxin trip where your game crashed and you got to play as the joker. Well the use of controlling people that arn't you is SO amazing in this game. From the cop in the intro, to catwoman durring a riddler challenge, or even as Hush walking into Wane Towers and we all think it's just bruce wane without his bat-suit on. 

Then the game isn't afraid to just KILL OFF anyone they deem they need to:

-The 3 (4?) Joker look-alikes

-Ivy

-Oracle

I love it! It's like arkham Asylum all over again.... OOOOOOHHHHH Take me on home.... To the... ASYLUM.... NEVER ALONE, IN THE, ASYLUM! OH!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say the Batmobile is effortless to control. You always crash into stuff, and it handles pretty terrible at high speeds. I don't think any game should get a freebie. A bad twist is a bad twist, and Rocksteady pretty much lied to us. How far are you in the game by the way? I really do love the game but those are my only criticisms. I just need to get all the Riddler trophies if I want to attain 100% game completion.

Well Mocking when you have completed the game read this.

I already guessed it before I got it spoiled by some stupid game website since I can't play it yet, I am glad it is Redhood though because I really like him in the comics, especially in Redhood and the Outlaws. Also a prequel DLC gives it away big time to be honest.

@Matuzz what are you talking about? I've got the game for XB1 and It works great! How did PC get a shit deal? 

Because the game was absolute broken shit that they actually pulled the whole game from stores within 2 days after the release. On Steam 61% of users that bought the game gave it negative review (before they went and closed the reviews). Warner Bros also didn't give any review sites PC copy to review in advance.

They said it could take months before they get the PC version to the state that they can bring it back to digital and retail stores.

Edited by Matuzz

Geez... That sucks... 

Major blow to the PC master race there... 

But the game is absolutely phenomenal on Xbox, and I'm sure it's better on Playstation because that's the console that got all the extra shiz in Asylum, City, and Origins. It's 10/10 for me, and I NEVER rate 10/10 on anything sense the gameboy era. 

Actually make that a 9.5 out of 10, free-roam joker isn't in the game but DAMN i'd like it to be! 

I haven't actually beat the game yet, I want to collect all the riddler, penguin, death stroke, fire fly, etc, missions. 

So far I've taken care of Dent, Man-bat, Hush, and BlackFire. I've still got the others to do and I've BARELY put a dent into the riddler's what is it? 220? Riddles (fetch-quests) 

For those who haven't played, I suggest you do some of the "Own the streets" ones where you always know where to go, then start to look around if you hear screeching or opera music... 

I haven't actually beat the game yet, I want to collect all the riddler, penguin, death stroke, fire fly, etc, missions. 

So far I've taken care of Dent, Man-bat, Hush, and BlackFire. I've still got the others to do and I've BARELY put a dent into the riddler's what is it? 220? Riddles (fetch-quests) 

For those who haven't played, I suggest you do some of the "Own the streets" ones where you always know where to go, then start to look around if you hear screeching or opera music... 

So I take it you're trying to 100% the game? Good luck with that. really, because it is such a grind. Still, though at least you get a Gold Trophy/50G

Yeah the riddler challenges are... REALLY daunting. That's not including the rest of the game's tank battles, nightwing trackers, and hunting for THAT DAMN BAT. 

I today just got the notification I had completed 20% of his riddles... Dear god.... 

Thankfully the game is evenly paced so it's never just 2 hours of tanks battles or high-speed pursuits. You have to constantly switch between using your bat mobile and your bat. 

And Can I just say the bat mobile's maneuverability is the greatest in any car I've ever seen? Effortlessly you can transform into a tank for better maneuverability, a perfect assist for when you crash into a wall drifting. Then there's the afterburner to get your speed back almost instantly! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why people are having so much trouble on the PC. I've had this game on PC now for like 2-3 months, I'm around 81% so don't spoil anything, but I just had to do some tweaking in the files to make it run better. There are tons of guides for all different GPUs that make the PC version play fine. I actually tried it on my room mate's PS4 and thought it ran better on my PC.

The people who think this game is crap on the PC are people who should stick to consoles. Mostly all high-end games will require some tweaking on a PC. The only ones that don't are huge budget game developers because they can spend the money and resources to test and optimize their game on tons of different systems. I haven't had any issues with this game on PC and it's a blast.

The AR challenges are my favorite part, especially the droid/tank battles. Trying to complete those challenges and smash the scores requires you don't take one hit and damn does it get intense.

@ETEl2NAL407 Because the PC port is an unoptimized piece of shit made by like 12 people in a few weeks, as evident by the performance problems almost everyone is having and the glaring lack of video options (textures only going up to normal, turning off certain features causes the game to crash, constant random hardcrashes etc.).
If by play fine you mean at a steady 30fps or with most if not all graphics settings turned down then I might as well just play the console version instead.
I'm running gtx 980 myself and the game not being able to maintain a steady 60fps is a joke. It's also not like the game's performance is justified because of the graphical fidelity, the game doesn't look all that great.

Bottom line is that the game is so taxing on PCs because they, again, didn't bother to optimize it for PC at all. And last I checked this is one huge ass budget game.

• Administrators

I think they way over utilized the tank missions. I mean I get it, Batman vs. an army; but Batman if meant to be a shadow lurking vigilante. I loved the game, but the story was very predictable. Voice acting was excellent! Graphics were some of the best I've seen! Hand to hand still perfect! Harley Quinn..am I right fellas!

I personally thought the game was perfectly spaced. I never felt bored doing a tank mission, or having to stealth-down thugs, or combat, or flying or a high-speed pursuit. It all felt fresh in my head, as soon as I'd get bored of situation A, they'd introduce situation B. then C, then A, then D. And so on and so forth. 

Of course I didn't do everything in order exactly. 

I personally thought the game was perfectly spaced. I never felt bored doing a tank mission, or having to stealth-down thugs, or combat, or flying or a high-speed pursuit. It all felt fresh in my head, as soon as I'd get bored of situation A, they'd introduce situation B. then C, then A, then D. And so on and so forth. 

Of course I didn't do everything in order exactly. 

Agreed completely, the game was paced really well. There was enough variety in the side missions that you could choose what gameplay style you wanted to do (predator, combat, tank) instead of having to wait for the main story to give it to you. The main story did do that well though. 

Really disappointed in the boss battles though, Deathstroke being a tank fight was so upsetting! Origins received so much praise for their Deathstroke fight, only for Rocksteady to follow it up with a fight identical to the Arkham Knight (and Cobra Tanks).

Edited by BEYOND

Really disappointed in the boss battles though, Deathstroke being a tank fight was so upsetting! Origins received so much praise for their Deathstroke fight, only for Rocksteady to follow it up with a fight identical to the Arkham Knight (and Cobra Tanks).

Origins got NO praise for it's deathstroke fight! Honestly that fight was the worst boss battle in the whole arkham series! It was just a button masher that was impossible if you didn't "Time it" correctly. Literally the first assassin you take down, and he stays down for good the rest of the game.

Personally I would have had a battle, after all, you did have to accomplish 3 different levels of malitia forces to get to him, so I'd be perfectly fine with a 3 stage boss fight starting with the tank, then a run-away persuit (in which he chases you) and finally a combat battle.  

• 2 months later...

I just can't play this game.

The tanks man... the tanks. :(

I prefer Arkham City.

I also prefer Arkham City, but I didn't dislike the car mechanics or combat (or even the tanks), but they weren't something I was ecstatic to see either.

The thing about the Batmobile was that most people wouldn't use it in free roam, because gliding and using the Grappel hook was still more effective, and a faster way of getting around the city. Because of this, Rocksteady forced you to use the Batmobile at certain sections of the game, which they definitely shouldn't have done.

I enjoyed my time with the game, but I'm glad this is Rocksteady's final outing with the series, because like they've said they done all they could with the series.

Now give us a Superman game Rocksteady! :D