(CONFIRMED) Blops 3 Zombies Reveal - July 9th 1:00 PM

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, uh, has anything happened besides the collectors edition thing? Cause I'm getting nothing, but that shadows of evil subsection we have is highly suspect.

Thats the name of the new map. Set in 30s with Ron Pearlman, Heather Graham I tihnk, Niel McDonoguh  and supposedly Jeff Goldbum. No videos yet. 

Looks like Goldbum might be Tesla. 

Aw really? No video? Damn you, treyarch...

Well, at least some of the actors are good. Goldblum all the way. Also, I hate to say it, but I feel compelled to buy that damn collectors edition... I really don't want to waste the money, but damn, that fridge is once in a lifetime.

Edited by ZombieOfTheDead

Aw really? No video? Damn you, treyarch...

Well, at least some of the actors are good. Goldblum all the way. Also, I hate to say it, but I feel compelled to buy that damn collectors edition... I really don't want to waste the money, but damn, that fridge is once in a lifetime.

Just get it off amazon for a better price later. 

Well, looks like I'm gonna be that guy...

Can't say I'm completely excited for this. SoE looks like it may be promising, but I just can't get over how we're getting ANOTHER set of new characters. Shame, the N4 finally started to grow on me when Buried came out. Why not pick up where you left off? I doubt SoE will have much significance to the over-arching storyline, except maybe a reference or two. Also am surprised to see them selling Der Reise for THE THIRD TIME as DLC. Chances are we'll probably get some half-effort story explaining why the Origins 4 is there. Something something alternate universe colliding. Something something magic time teleporter we don't care enough to go into detail about it so make your own canon as you go.

Gameplay wise is up in the air. There probably won't be anything game changing about it if the trailer is enough to go by (Maybe TranZit scared the devs from taking big risks?). Sure they're hyping up The Giant as some revolutionary new spin on a classic map with the unique playthroughs and progression system talk but really at the end of the day it's just PR babble. Remember how TranZit was supposed to be an "epic zombie campaign" an such? At this point, all we can hope for is that gameplay wise they don't try to get TOO gimmicky like TranZit and Die Rise was.

All in all, I just hope they actually give some thought to the story this go round. The idea of a celeb cast alongside a map that's most likely going to have little significance to the storyline just isn't appealing. 

Can't say I'm completely excited for this. SoE looks like it may be promising, but I just can't get over how we're getting ANOTHER set of new characters. Shame, the N4 finally started to grow on me when Buried came out. Why not pick up where you left off? I doubt SoE will have much significance to the over-arching storyline, except maybe a reference or two. Also am surprised to see them selling Der Reise for THE THIRD TIME as DLC. Chances are we'll probably get some half-effort story explaining why the Origins 4 is there. Something something alternate universe colliding. Something something magic time teleporter we don't care enough to go into detail about it so make your own canon as you go.

Gameplay wise is up in the air. There probably won't be anything game changing about it if the trailer is enough to go by (Maybe TranZit scared the devs from taking big risks?). Sure they're hyping up The Giant as some revolutionary new spin on a classic map with the unique playthroughs and progression system talk but really at the end of the day it's just PR babble. Remember how TranZit was supposed to be an "epic zombie campaign" an such? At this point, all we can hope for is that gameplay wise they don't try to get TOO gimmicky like TranZit and Die Rise was.

All in all, I just hope they actually give some thought to the story this go round. The idea of a celeb cast alongside a map that's most likely going to have little significance to the storyline just isn't appealing. 

well said. I liked tranzit and die rise. But i did not like the womderweapons. Too op

So I got my order in for the Jugg edition, 293 bucks CDN. It's messed up, because I already bought the digital game + season pass the day it became available, bringing my BO3 total to 408 dollars spent. I was joking when Ibsaid I would spend 500 on zombies, but maybe I wasn't lol. 

Just waiting for a special edition ps4 now, to really drain me. If that happens, my total will be near 1k lol.

Edit: I actually really liked the reveal video. I hope the gumball machine isn't the only way to get perks, but is more of a reimagined mystery perk machine. I like reliable machines, rather than a mystery. 

I kind of assume when you turn in to the giant tentacle monster it is a Death Machine like pick up, or it's the new zombie blood. Likely something to do with the EE imo.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

So, uh, has anything happened besides the collectors edition thing? Cause I'm getting nothing, but that shadows of evil subsection we have is highly suspect.

Thats the name of the new map. Set in 30s with Ron Pearlman, Heather Graham I tihnk, Niel McDonoguh  and supposedly Jeff Goldbum. No videos yet. 

Looks like Goldbum might be Tesla. 

Game takes place in the 1940s not 30s. And there is a video out now as of typing this up.

They confirmed during the panel that SoE will be connected to the storyline as a whole

Seems like they broke the formula of having the "guest" crew on the second or third map. I'm sure we'll get the new crew, original crew, or even an entirely different crew in the next map. So far I like what I see. Honestly anything after the Origin mess feels like a plate of fresh brains. Yeah the aliens were kind of off putting, but we always knew aliens were involved in the zombies lore, they're just in our face this time. Maybe they're not aliens, and are experiments like the nova 6 zombies like someone above me suggested. Either way this one aspect about what's been presented for BO3 zombies isn't going to turn me off to it. Just hope that the "story" easter egg part of the game returns to its roots and becomes more of a hidden thing while the casuals can go mess around with the random alien/teleporting/zombie blood/resurrection perks.