Why PS4 getting DLC first is a Good Thing ( Edited )

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol losing one mlg team mean nothing at the end of the day. You like making money playing video games? Adapt or get a different job. It's evolution, video games style.

Remember that MW2 pc boycott? How did that work out lmfao. The only people that are upset, are those that assumed. There is no substitute for 3arc zombies, so everyone that likes zombies is still going to buy the game. 

Faux outrage all over the place.

Except when you pull out OpTiC alone you're talking about hundreds of thousands of viewers....

Sets the stage for another team to get those viewers. Is Optic popular because of them, or because of COD. We will find out if they back up their claims. 

Maybe getting a new job will make Optic realise what they had.

​I can't wait to see faze, nadeshit, and Optic Asshole get eliminated. Less burden on the community

​You continue to shade the people who keep the community alive. 

No other team will do what OpTiC does. It's not just the players, it's the quality of content, their social media presence. They're fanboys, nobody else will "get those viewers". OpTiC is popular because they're OpTiC. They were a strong presence in CoD4, WaW. Before the "boom" And before Social media made it easy to get popular.  I guarantee you no Clan is ever what Op is. 

LeBron didn't win the MVP this year, but he's still the best player in the world. 

It doesn't matter, like I said CoD is slowly going down the drain.

​I believe Cod is gong downhill because of the Structure of the cod community

The amount of Kids that buy Cod Each year give Activision very little incentive to make a good game. As long as they throw anything together they Know that Millions will buy it. Now add DLC and Weapon camos and you can make a fortune. 

Esports tries to make Cod look like a Hardcore Game when in reality it has never been a Hardcore Game. Cod has always been a casual game you can pick up and play. However when you have people at the top acting like being a Call of Duty pro is something to be mimicked then the Kids will indeed follow their example and try to act cool. This can lead to very annoying Chat during a match which just makes other gamers look at cod like a kids game. We got Campers, No scopers, Trickshooters, trolls.

Youtubers can be either good, or absolutely terrible. Just recently NGT got mad at another youtube channel for posting the Carrier Ending in 4K before they were able to. This whole,( I want to post it first) attitude is seriously detrimental to the entire community. Plus, youtubers can be misleading if they aren't up to the challenge of being a proper zombies channel.

When call of duty Ghosts was nearing it's final DLC a certain Channel named City of Z claimed he knew exactly what the final Intel was for Exodus. He described it as ( The Secret of Man ). People believed him and afterwards when the Intel was revealed to be NeverSofts farewell video it made the community look stupid. Same thing happened Last Year. The Zombies collection incident took the community by storm. Rumors were spread and people were saying it was confirmed. When E3 came around and Zombies Collection was proven false......well...you can only imagine how that made the community look. Like mindless Lemmings. 

I love the zombies community, and I love this site and all the members in it. However we must admit that outside this site there are countless people who make up the Cod Community that do more harm than good. Which is why I believe the community needs to begin from the start. Someone might bring more attention to the Cod Community. Esports does this I cant deny that fact. However it does not attract anything good. 

@Black Hand Smith

I'm sorry friend but you are just waaaaayyyy off on this.  

You mean to assert that kids ages say 8-14 are the majority cod players?  more than 16-60?  That is just plain not right.

And to say that there are more kids on xbox than PS4 is equally insane to say.

i agree that youtube is awful for the community in general, and what i think really has caused CoD's downfall is that it got too big.  The potential money that ATVI saw in it, caused decisions to be made that maximized their profits at the expense of the quality of the game and the experience of 99% of the user base.

not meaning to be combative, but young kids have absolutely no bearing on how the developers are making their games. kids don't buy games, adults do.

• 2 weeks later...

And I'm just sitting here, playing BO2 on my Wii U. Haha, jk, no-one plays that shit. *ahem* Back to the topic at hand, I think it might help kill off some of the less dedicated zombies channels and kill off some, I repeat some of the twelvies, but other than that, it's just gonna piss a lot of people off who are still on the last gen. This might just be me, but I don't want to pay an extra 60 or so dollars to get a PS4 but I also want to get my DLC early. I wish they'd just stop being dicks to one side of the community and release the DLC within a couple of days of each other.

Edited by Marky
spelling error

DLC should have always been same day, or the exclusive timing should only be a week. I used to play on PS3 and hated getting DLC late, then switched over to 360 to play with more friends often and realized I got the DLC early then, I know how much it sucks to wait for it :/.

However, the OP here is just being mean and out right arrogant claiming that all his assumptions are true and undeniable.
I got an Xbox one since it had the better racing game, and I knew more people that were getting it than the PS4. 

Honestly, how has this thread not been locked yet?

Gives me a chance to show all them xbox fan boys where the real skill is at. Prepar to get slayed!

DLC should have always been same day, or the exclusive timing should only be a week. I used to play on PS3 and hated getting DLC late, then switched over to 360 to play with more friends often and realized I got the DLC early then, I know how much it sucks to wait for it :/.

However, the OP here is just being mean and out right arrogant claiming that all his assumptions are true and undeniable.
I got an Xbox one since it had the better racing game, and I knew more people that were getting it than the PS4. 

Honestly, how has this thread not been locked yet?

forza better then gt? Roflmfao

U do know gt is the offical sim for any pro racer right?

Steering wheel ftw

Steering wheel ftw

19751showing.jpg

I'll just end both your arguments right here and now so you can both direct your anger to me: Mario Kart is the only racing game that matters.

I guess I should try getting this thread back on track... DLC on PS4 isn't really a good thing or a bad thing. It's nice for us playstation fanboys to finally get it first, but it doesn't particularly matter. CoD on both consoles is riddled with annoying 10 year olds, that isn't gonna change by switching consoles. As for xbox fans, if this rubs you the wrong way, know that it was just as bad for us when this DLC shit began. It shouldn't even be a thing. Regardless, get over it. Expand your horizons and play other games in the meantime. It's not that long of a wait.

Steering wheel ftw

19751showing.jpg

I'll just end both your arguments right here and now so you can both direct your anger to me: Mario Kart is the only racing game that matters.

I guess I should try getting this thread back on track... DLC on PS4 isn't really a good thing or a bad thing. It's nice for us playstation fanboys to finally get it first, but it doesn't particularly matter. CoD on both consoles is riddled with annoying 10 year olds, that isn't gonna change by switching consoles. As for xbox fans, if this rubs you the wrong way, know that it was just as bad for us when this DLC shit began. It shouldn't even be a thing. Regardless, get over it. Expand your horizons and play other games in the meantime. It's not that long of a wait.

Honestly though, the mario kart thing isn't even that false, It's the only racing game a majority of people play nowadays lol.

Oh and I Have Zombie Army Trilogy to keep me busy while waiting :)

There's that America centric view again. The install base difference in the US is less than a million, but worldwide excluding the US it is bordering on 3x. 

So the preorders being 100k apart 7 months out from release, only in the US is no indication of how much of the community is on one console or the other. 

The previous COD's have sold more on the 4, than the 1, and that was without marketing. Couple that with Sony saying over 50% of current PS4 owners did not own a PS3, and you have quite the migration. 

The only good thing about this deal remains that if it had to be exclusive to one or the other, at least less people get screwed over.

The previous COD's have sold more on the 4, than the 1, and that was without marketing. Couple that with Sony saying over 50% of current PS4 owners did not own a PS3, and you have quite the migration. 

And how exactly would they know this? These type of statistics are based on Sony asking maybe 100 people who were purchasing a PS4 if they ever previously owned a PS3 and base it on that. They don't take into account that some of these people asked are children buying their first ever console and not that they switched sides. They do not reflect the numbers they claim to. Not even close.

For many years now Xbox has received DLC First before anyone else. However all that changes Today. From this point forward Playstation 4 will get DLC First. So how is that a good thing? Well, let me explain.

Call of Duty is full of children in the community. Always camping, saying dumb things like, Reznov is Mason's dad or Misty got bitten by a zombie. Marlton is Dead. However that is all about to be a thing of the past. You see, Children need to ask their parents to buy them a console so they can Play Cod and it's DLC First. So naturally Most of them went and had their parents buy them an Xbox One. Now that PS4 got DLC first. Children will be trapped on the Xbox One while many adult gamers buy a PS4 using their own money. Most Parents will not fork over $400 to buy their kids a second console. 

We always complained about kids ruining the community. This is the opportunity we have been waiting for. Children will lose interest in the community and over time we will see less people making stupid remarks on youtube about Weasel writing the comic book, or Misty being Dempsey's Daughter. Activision makes games while just putting anything in it because they know there are thousands of children who will buy it. Eliminate the children and Activision will have to start working Harder to keep their sales up. This means making better Cod Games than MW3, Ghosts, and AW.  Right now things may looks Dark for many of you. However by the time this all Ends, we will be a stronger, Smarter, and Greater Community than ever before I guarantee it. This is the Dawn of a New Era

Edit

We have also received some great news. Youtube channels will be greatly effected by this change. So many channels out there who make very poor content and having these absolutely terrible theories. To name the perfect example of a terrible youtube theory., Maxis created the zombies because he wanted samantha's game to be real ( Cringe). Now that many youtubers boughtan Xbox one for the DLC and for their youtube channels only the Strong will survive. They will either have to wait a month to be able to cover the game in which case everything will be solved by then and people will lose interest in their channels. or get a PS4. Now, I'm sure there are still going to be people who will fork over $400 to keep their channel alive however it is always better for many bad channels bite the dust than for all the bad channels to remain active and spread stupid theories across the zombies community. Terrible content destroys everything hard working theorists and story analyzers work so hard to accomplish. 

1. Parents often dote on their kids. On top, sometimes the adults play the game too. They just let their kid on when they are working. 

2. IDK that i've ever complained that kids ruined the community. I've got a family friend who is 14, plays cod, and is actually better at MP than me. He's the most level headed kid and often doesn't use his mic. They are going to exist and in the end, they will probably be the main audience in a few years anyway. Honestly, its kinda rude for you to talk for the entire community. Some people are fine with it. 

3. If Activision intentially meant to put these in the hands of kids, they'd have changed the rating, content etc etc. 

4. Someone brought up a good point that PS4 is NOT a well used console for MLG. And before you say that scene is bullshit, you also have to admit that it has been successful in getting publicity and profit. 

5. All theories are exactly that: theories. People can think whatever they want and there will be some silly and stupid, but that simply isnt for any one person to decide. What made this game interesting in the first place was that there was so many theories. When you start looking down on them, you start killing the lore of the game. 

6. All channels have to start somewhere. To discourage other youtubers because YOU think their content is "bad" speaks volumes of your own ego. Why should they not be allowed to create content no matter how crap, if you probably arent looking for it anyway? Like, why are you even looking at it if they are "bad."

I honestly have so many objections to this post i really cant say them all in the time i have left for browsing. This is just a simply arrogant post from one person who apparently speaks for the most of the community on the matters each individual can speak for themselves about. Most of all, the arrogance to say that other people's theories are just plain shit and that only hardcore theorists are ever acceptable is literally the worst thing one can do for a community. That just alienates new people who want to get involved and makes a little "hierarchy" of who is better than who. 

Very disgusting post. You can have your opinion but dont speak for me with the "We have always complained". I don't and wont. 

And how exactly would they know this? These type of statistics are based on Sony asking maybe 100 people who were purchasing a PS4 if they ever previously owned a PS3 and base it on that. They don't take into account that some of these people asked are children buying their first ever console and not that they switched sides. They do not reflect the numbers they claim to. Not even close.

His posts have at least been consistent in their lack of validity.  

I do have an honest question though for any PS4 owners.  Is there any specific reason you chose a PS4 over an xbox one other than just console loyalty?  maybe someone who bought one that previously only owned an xbox?  They seem identical to me.  except for the controller and the interfaces.  

I do have an honest question though for any PS4 owners.  Is there any specific reason you chose a PS4 over an xbox one other than just console loyalty?  maybe someone who bought one that previously only owned an xbox?  They seem identical to me.  except for the controller and the interfaces.  

I did have a 360 before the current-gen consoles, mainly because that was where most of my friends were. So, when the next console gen came around I choose the PS4 because, once again, that was where my friends were.

sorry, you're right it is 40% not 50%, that was a typo. Small keys on my phone.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/06/17/sony-remasters-serve-the-40-percent-of-ps4-owners-that-didn_2700_t-own-a-playstation-3.aspx?utm_content=bufferd2d5e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

As for the other part: 

Perhaps Microsoft realized CoD was finding more of a home on Sony's console. Reports last year indicated that of the 11.44 million units 2014's Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare sold in its first month at retail, 4.01 million went to PS4 players, and only 2.61 million to Xbox One owners.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/16/8788343/playstation-call-of-duty-dlc-exclusive-from-microsoft-e3-2015

A quick google search is often times your friend. Americans are often too America centric to have a rationale discussion with I find.

Hiw would they know these numbers you might ask? I would assume it's a collection of data from all of the new psn accounts made since PS4 launched. Seems like easy data for them to get.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

sorry, you're right it is 40% not 50%, that was a typo. Small keys on my phone.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/06/17/sony-remasters-serve-the-40-percent-of-ps4-owners-that-didn_2700_t-own-a-playstation-3.aspx?utm_content=bufferd2d5e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

As for the other part: 

Perhaps Microsoft realized CoD was finding more of a home on Sony's console. Reports last year indicated that of the 11.44 million units 2014's Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare sold in its first month at retail, 4.01 million went to PS4 players, and only 2.61 million to Xbox One owners.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/16/8788343/playstation-call-of-duty-dlc-exclusive-from-microsoft-e3-2015

A quick google search is often times your friend. Americans are often too America centric to have a rationale discussion with I find.

Again, this means absolutely nothing. There is NO WAY they can know what 10 million+ people did or did not own previously before purchasing a console. You can throw whatever you want at me and it will mean nothing. They only way they could know this is if they literally asked every person who bought a PS4, and I can tell you now... when I bought my kid his PS4, no one asked me shit!

As for your other part, that would be down to the fact that the PS4 heavily outsold the X1 so these figures are no surprise. Regrarding the "quick google search" quote... maybe you didn't mean it intentionally but that is somewhat insulting, as if you assume I don't know how to look up things or my points can be disproven by a "quick google search".

You need to calm down a bit with this anti X1 and pro PS4 thing. This forum is not the place for petty arguments over what console is better. We are (for the most part) better than this here.

No it was aimed at Clay's comment about my posts always being wrong, when I can provude a source that a quick google search would have helped him out with. I'm not going to lay back and let someone call me an idiot when THEY ARE WRONG, not me.

Nothing against you DBZ, I always liked your posts on the Acti forums during the early BO2 days. 

As for Sony, it's their numbers bro. They didn't say how they came to it, I just backed up my statement with their statement. I can just assume they got it from the new accounts made. Not a perfect science, but it shows some serious migration regardless. 

Edit: and it's not a console war thing, it's a hey this is good for the COD community thing. Less people waiting for dlc is a good thing, not a bad thing. Personally, it's a good thing as well, although I never really minded the wait as I am not into the EE stuff you all are. I just want to slay zombies. 

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

The games. I just feel like there's a wider variety on sony consoles than on Microsoft consoles from previous experience. That, and I've just always bought playstation, so... I guess it's a little bit of console loyalty, but I've just had no reason to switch. The exclusive games would be my biggest reason for staying.

No it was aimed at Clay's comment about my posts always being wrong, when I can provude a source that a quick google search would have helped him out with. I'm not going to lay back and let someone call me an idiot when THEY ARE WRONG, not me.

Nothing against you DBZ, I always liked your posts on the Acti forums during the early BO2 days. 

As for Sony, it's their numbers bro. They didn't say how they came to it, I just backed up my statement with their statement. I can just assume they got it from the new accounts made. Not a perfect science, but it shows some serious migration regardless. 

Then my apologies for assuming incorrectly.

Well the way I see it, they base these numbers of people carrying over PSN I.D's as that can be the only way I could see them doing it and it's not a perfect formula to go off.

Regarding the whole matter, I can understand your stance. You have people giving you it tight also and you are entitled to defend yourself but this whole console war stuff needs to end, from all parties! We cannot change which console get's the DLC no matter what we say on the matter. PS users get the benefits this season (and probably for the next several) so we just need to accept it and move on.

This is not about what console is better as the game is being made on PC tech now and both the PS4 and X1 version will be ports. PS4 users will get the extra content first but we are not going to be seeing anything less on X1 so come on folks... let's just move on from this and accept what is going down. We are ALL better than this.

Edited by DeathBringerZen

Then my apologies for assuming incorrectly.

Well the way I see it, they base these numbers of people carrying over PSN I.D's as that can be the only way I could see them doing it and it's not a perfect formula to go off.

Regarding the whole matter, I can understand your stance. You have people giving you it tight also and you are entitled to defend yourself but this whole console war stuff needs to end, from all parties! We cannot change which console get's the DLC no matter what we say on the matter. PS users get the benefits this season (and probably for the next several) so we just need to accept it and move on.

This is not about what console is better as the game is being made on PC tech now and both the PS4 and X1 version will be ports. PS4 users will get the extra content first but we are not going to be seeing anything less on X1 so come on folks... let's just move on from this and accept what is going down. We are ALL better than this.

honestly the thing that ticked me off in this post is the idea that everyone else's theories are not nearly as good good as others. And that youtube should weed out "shit" content and keep only the good ones. 

This community was built on many theories. Their shouldnt be any 1 right answer. Thats what makes it fun.

You act like the Xbox is all children.. you know that most of the kids I've met prefer Playstation? Which is why I'm an Xbox/PC gamer? I'm glad that Playstation gets DLC first now, they deserve after us getting it all this time, but you can't expect anything to change because a new console gets DLC first now, can you? Because that's a bit biased towards PLaystation being full of "adults", which is it not. Same with the Xbox. Both have children and both have adults. Playstation just payed extra this year to get DLC, that's not going to change ANYTHING about the Zombies nor the youtube community. In fact I've seen a lot of youtubers saying that they're sticking to Xbox but only going to upload PS4 gameplay for when DLC comes out.

I was going to get a PS4 and not an Xbox One (Seeing as I'm still on Last Gen because I didn't want to upgrade to shit consoles [and, yes, they were both shit and broken at one point]) because they PS4 was just a little better than the Xbox One. Which is probably why there was so much Migration to the PS4, because they Xbox One was broken. Severely broken. But, as we all know, E3 shows that the Xbox One is going to get better. Better than ever. With Backwards Compatibility, PC Mods to Xbox Compatibility, 1 Terabyte of space, and much more. The only thing that the Ps4 has over Xbox One now is CoD Dlc early.. and this isn't a console-biased thing. This is just fact.

Edited by OwN_Avenged

You act like the Xbox is all children.. you know that most of the kids I've met prefer Playstation? Which is why I'm an Xbox/PC gamer? I'm glad that Playstation gets DLC first now, they deserve after us getting it all this time, but you can't expect anything to change because a new console gets DLC first now, can you? Because that's a bit biased towards PLaystation being full of "adults", which is it not. Same with the Xbox. Both have children and both have adults. Playstation just payed extra this year to get DLC, that's not going to change ANYTHING about the Zombies nor the youtube community. In fact I've seen a lot of youtubers saying that they're sticking to Xbox but only going to upload PS4 gameplay for when DLC comes out.

I was going to get a PS4 and not an Xbox One (Seeing as I'm still on Last Gen because I didn't want to upgrade to shit consoles [and, yes, they were both shit and broken at one point]) because they PS4 was just a little better than the Xbox One. Which is probably why there was so much Migration to the PS4, because they Xbox One was broken. Severely broken. But, as we all know, E3 shows that the Xbox One is going to get better. Better than ever. With Backwards Compatibility, PC Mods to Xbox Compatibility, 1 Terabyte of space, and much more. The only thing that the Ps4 has over Xbox One now is CoD Dlc early.. and this isn't a console-biased thing. This is just fact.

Don't forget different exclusive games.

Btw, your avatar, 10/10. I used to use that one.