black ops 3 coming to old gen xbox 360 and ps3 confirmed.

ok so it does indeed appear it is confirmed! link here from activisions own blog and charlie intel also confirmed it "credible source" by the way. here is the link https://blog.activision.com/community/games-blog/call-of-duty/blog/2015/06/09/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-is-coming-to-xbox-360-and-playstation-3 so im sure some of you are happy about this how well it will run is beyond me i doubt it will run smooth but time will tell i suppose. its being developed by beenox and mercenary technology

Edited by dannyfrog2013
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks, Red is right. Just because you haven't moved on, doesn't mean others should suffer. Thing is, did it say a release date btw? If it didn't, you may not even get the game for a while and it could be pretty bad for all anyone knows. AW sucks on old gen.

laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Time to let the old dogs die.

​well clearly they are more money hungry than ever eh so it seems .... but i wont be transitioning to next gen yet anyway lol for a while so you know theres that

​True that, I wonder how half assed it will be. Beenox is fucking terrible, they've done all the recent Spider Man games. 

At least you guys get to enjoy zombies I guess :P

I understand that a lot of people still have last-gen consoles, and this does make sense from a business viewpoint, but I'm just disappointed that we'll be held back again by 10 year old consoles.

​I don't know how held back we will be. Article practtically tells ya "We know the last gen versions gunna suck, so be prepared" 

I expected this but hoped it would not be the case. Ah well... expect a much less ambitious zombies than we hoped for (in terms of map, content and detail) and maps similar to the scale of MotD and Origins at best due to those particular maps practically dragging the 360 to deaths door.

Money talks I guess but this has left me feeling very disappointed. :(

I understand that a lot of people still have last-gen consoles, and this does make sense from a business viewpoint, but I'm just disappointed that we'll be held back again by 10 year old consoles.

​I don't know how held back we will be. Article practtically tells ya "We know the last gen versions gunna suck, so be prepared" 

I'm assuming we'll get something similar to what Advanced Warfare was like. 

Time to bring out the classic "current-gen versions will be severely restricted / comprised thanks to previous-gen limitations" meme again.

​But it could be.

I like this:

Also, it should be noted that there's no version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 for Nintendo Wii U planned.

Finally, the upcoming next-gen multiplayer beta will be available only for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC—so keep an eye out for more details.

"Next gen multiplayer beta is only for X1,PS4 and PC" 

No shit.

Are people still using the We're being hold back by previous gen console excuse?

People need to stop using the old consoles as scapegoats for a game's flaws and shortcomings and simply accept the fact that the current-gen hardware is already outdated as fuck and devs already need to comprise on certain fronts to make the game look and play the best it can on current gen systems.

Having said that, it looks like CoD: Ghosts 2 will be the first true current-gen only CoD.
Looking forward to Activision re-using that excuse of a marketing device even though we know it won't make a fucking difference.

Are people still using the We're being hold back by previous gen console excuse?

People need to stop using the old consoles as scapegoats for a game's flaws and shortcomings and simply accept the fact that the current-gen hardware is already outdated as fuck and devs already need to comprise on certain fronts to make the game look and play the best it can on current gen systems.

Having said that, it looks like CoD: Ghosts 2 will be the first true current-gen only CoD.
Looking forward to Activision re-using that excuse of a marketing device even though we know it won't make a fucking difference.

​XB1 master race

I have had my Xbox One since release. What is the point of having it if all the games are out on the previous gen? 

Well Call of Duty is Infinity Wards creation so it was obvious it was going to be them who debuted the new next generation of CoD to the world. They did it when CoD moved from PS2/Xbox over to 360/PS3 with Modern Warfare. I just hoped it would not be the case this time.

As for the complaining of being held back... I personally disagree and feel as paying customers you reserve the right to complain. That being said, complaining won't change anything so I will just say I am disappointed and leave it at that. I still expect a great game nonetheless so may as well just wait until we see more.

As for the complaining of being held back... I personally disagree and feel as paying customers you reserve the right to complain. That being said, complaining won't change anything so I will just say I am disappointed and leave it at that. I still expect a great game nonetheless so may as well just wait until we see more.

​I'm not saying you're not allowed to complain about the fact the game being cross-gen. Go right ahead, personally I think people should've moved on from last-gen ages ago and these last gen ports of current gen games are terrible.
But that's besides the point.

Right now many people as soon as they hear cross-gen are like: next-gen versions are being handicapped by last gen limitations guys. 

Truth of the matter is that game development is way more complicated to just draw simple deductions like that. 

I think the things people are missing as well is that this game is going to suck on last gen. So you can have fun playing last gen still yeah, if you call it playing lol. Treyarch seem to understand that people want next gen only, they said they weren't focusing on last gen until next gen was done. I just think Activision wanted a last gen port and they got these guys to do it to prove that they need to move on. Theres no way it will be good on last gen, they are going to demonstrate that with the port and are going to essentially push call of duty from last gen for good. I am not saying the game is bad because of last gen limitations btw, I am saying the last gen is going to suck compared to next gen.  Two player campaign, no beta and barely any of the same functions as next gen? They sound like they are struggling really badly.

​Truth of the matter is that game development is way more complicated to just draw simple deductions like that. 

But it is true though. Current gen users are getting a lesser than possible experience because of previous gen limitations. Take the 360 for example. It is running at 512mb of ram, the extremely dated Xenos GPU by ATi and a not too shabby CPU but still poor by todays standards. Developers have to work within the limitations of the hardware and that means current gen users will suffer.

It's like a PC game. You cannot expect a new AAA PC game to work on a ten year old gaming PC due to the GPU, CPU and ram all being well outdated, but if a studio needs it to work on it then the game is going to be pretty linear compared to most modern games. The development of games is down to the tools they use. The engines normally have set limits that are put in place to meet the limitations they have set by the hardwares they are developing for. Yes it's more complicated than just saying "Current gen is being held back by previous gen", but it doesn't take away from the fact that it's still true.

Obviously we will still have a better looking product, that is obvious but it's the size of the product we will be limited with and that is a shame from a zombies point of view because previous gen consoles had a rough time handling some of the BO2 maps and they will need to adapt it to work within the previous gens limitations so current gen users get less than they would if they were exclusive. I feel zombies will suffer for it but I am still looking forward to the end product all the same.

Developers have to work within the limitations of the hardware and that means current gen users will suffer.

​Not really. Take the singleplayer campaign. Co-Op supports 4 players on current gen versions of the game because current-gen consoles can 'take it', and right now that other studio is working on supporting 2 players on last-gen versions. Key word is working on, so it may be scrapped because of the 360/ps3 hardware limitations.

They aren't purposefully limiting the current gen versions just so that all the stuff in the game will make the transition to last-gen. It's not like Activision is telling Treyarch "Hold up, you cannot have this in your game since we won't be able to make that run also on the last-gen versions"

A whole different studio works on the last gen versions. They'll try to have as much content as possible of the current gen versions in theirs, but obviously stuff needs to be toned down a lot. And worst-casio scenario stuff gets cut.

There's no valid basis to these claims that the gamemodes, maps or gameplay for that matter will suffer significantly for the current gen versions because the game is cross-gen. Or that current gen versions would get more if it was exclusive to current gen. 

If we're talking open world with advanced AI systems like the Nemesis System, then those claims are more believable. But it's Call of Duty. 6v6 MP, 4 player co-op with a few dozen Zombies. That stuff can easily make it to last gen. All they need to do is tone down the graphics, resolution, lighting etc and voila.

Cod is Dead...........you had this one chance activision........and you fucked it up.....This was your last chance to WOW us with a Current Gen only Cod utilizing the full capabilities of the new consoles. Instead you decide to cut the people who haven't gotten a Next gen after having 2 years to upgrade a break. 

Cod could be dead by 2018. This could have been the last and only chance to see truly next gen Zombies.....

Cod is Dead...........you had this one chance activision........and you fucked it up.....This was your last chance to WOW us with a Current Gen only Cod utilizing the full capabilities of the new consoles.

​Those capabilities are already being fully utilized lol. Next gen hardware at its best folks.