When is the Black Ops 3 campaign set?

This is a topic that has been plaguing me for a while. I can't pinpoint when Black Ops 3's campaign is set. I know it takes place in only a few short weeks so it is at least within a certain year, or at least borders on the start of another year. But when is it mainly set? Conflicting sources say that there are two particular dates that it could be set. 2060 or 2065. On Charlie INTEL it says 2060. But, on the Ember trailer the date goes to 2065. As well as that, there are a lot of other random sources saying these dates but I am utterly confused as to which date it is. If its 2060, why did Ember show 2065? The same with V.E.R.S.I.O.N. I hope someone can shed light on this for me.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The campaign takes place over a few weeks so I would be shocked if we did. I dont really see a need to either to be honest.

​More time periods mean that fans of all CoDs will be getting something out of the campaign.

I think there is a need especially since a lot of folks enjoyed the throw back mission(s) in the previous Black Ops titles.

• 2 weeks later...

It just summed up what I said really, with the Wiki I don't think there would be a need for levels in the past. They have the wiki, they have the links to the old games through history and the evolution of the game. It seems like they want to make call of duty how they want to and if there truly is a need to go back to the past, they will. But the game is still set in the future and that is the main focus of it. I could possibly see a mission where you get to play as Mason one last time but not World War 2. From what they are saying, World at War isn't actually a part of the Black Ops trilogy and though it is set in the same universe, the things that happened in the story were not monumental enough to effect what happens in Black Ops 3, they didn't actually have anything to do with Black Ops 2 either.