User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Nxva

www.jimmyzielinski.com

Donor

"You meerly adapted the zombies. I was born in it, molded by it, I didn't see multiplayer until I was already a man..."  

Well... I don't know what kind of alcohol influences your post, but let's look at it from this perspective...

Zombies spawned from the idea of Jesse Snyder then was expanded on by Jimmy, Reza and Co to become Shi No Numa (and so forth). Just because Jimmy took it on board and ran with it does not mean it is his. Every single developer who put's their heart and soul into the mapping, coding, programming or animating plays their part in what we love. Jimmy is a great person I am sure but it belongs to all of them.

Jesse was the guy who created what we love, everyone else is responsible for raising it. Jimmy may have lead the development of the game-mode but the studio is responsible for the direction, not just Jimmy, and he was not soley responsible for Ascension, or CotD or even Moon. It was a joint effort by a talented team and they all deserve proper recognition, hence why I don't hold Jimmy to heart in the same way others do. Yes I love his tweets or banter with the community but I like to look at it as a team effort and a team responsibility, so credit where credits due. I credit Jesse for the game mode because if it was not for him we wouldn't have it in the first place and I credit the entire zombie team for giving us their efforts, not just Jimmy.

Donor

I know of Jesse.

However, explain how he lost the mode to Treyarch?

Jesse Snyder used to work for Treyarch but moved to Infinity Ward after World at War.

Yes, Treyarch molded zombies into what it is now, but it's not Jimmy's baby is my point. He merely adopted it.

​Our Lead Animator, Jimmy Zielinski, finally got around to playing the prototype and his head gibbed with excitement. “If you need any animations for this, just let me know.” I whipped up a wish list of animations and send them his way. The animators had a mo-cap session coming up soon, so he told me he was just going to get a bunch of zombie animations on the side

http://www.jessesnyder.org/trenches/?p=42

With Jesse gone, Jimmy moved from Lead Animator to Creative lead for Zombies.

He broke records with Moon.

Who was the creative lead in MOTD & Origins?

Who created Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo & Nikolai?

Jimmy's still there has been since the beginning.

Jesse made a bad move in my opinion.

Regards Alpha.

Um, Jimmy didn't solely come up with the ideas in Zombies, its a team effort.

Donor

.... I just wanted to quote bane... 

.... I just wanted to quote bane... 

Lmao i caught that as soon as iread your comment like "oh Bane..." Lol

Edited by Infected115

Donor

I find it odd that Jimmy is using loading screens (specifically BO2 ones) with the writing and stuff on them for his banner. Even I have the blank ones, so I wonder why he couldn't grab them.

Also another thing I noticed, his resume has that Rezurrection was the best selling CoD DLC of all time. So I wonder why they haven't taken that as a hint for another Zombies DLC or more Zombies in general.

Also just curious, he has that Moon is actually considered the most popular Zombie map. Is that true? I know it's usually around the top 3-5 of the list but didn't think it was number 1.

Edited by Rissole25

I think it was at the time but I think its mob of the dead now.

Donor

Also just curious, he has that Moon is actually considered the most popular Zombie map. Is that true? I know it's usually around the top 3-5 of the list but didn't think it was number 1.

Moon is still my favourite map to date and I know many others share the same sentiment. MotD was considered by many as the best BO2 map but as for the best map overall? I doubt it. Depends when you got into zombies I suppose.

Most old school players would probably rate BO1 maps more highly. Moon definitely had the most fun setting and best EE so far, but again, it's all about personal preference.  Some people consider Buried as their favourite. No idea why thought!? lol

I think the stats for Rezurrection being the "Best selling DLC" & "Moon the most Popular Map" would be because it was free with all Hardened Editions & included 4 extra Classic maps. 5 maps in 1 DLC. For people that didn't buy the Hardened Edition, it cost like $5-$7 for that map pack. Easy stats to say that is the best selling & most popular.

And I completely agree @Rissole25 why didn't they release a map pack like that for Black Ops 2? Even a DLC that had 2 new maps together. Easy money.

I think it was at the time but I think its mob of the dead now.

Moon is still my favourite map to date and I know many others share the same sentiment. MotD was considered by many as the best BO2 map but as for the best map overall? I doubt it. Depends when you got into zombies I suppose.

Most old school players would probably rate BO1 maps more highly. Moon definitely had the most fun setting and best EE so far, but again, it's all about personal preference.  Some people consider Buried as their favourite. No idea why thought!? lol

​Depends on how you define popular.  Right now, most popular by people playing at any time is Tranzit. Yet it is widely viewed as the worst map of all time. 

The most recent DLC map will always have the most players out of DLC maps, which is why origins still takes the cake in BO2.

Id say Moon and Der Reise are the most popular in terms of peak of popularity in their respective time frames

i dont know why im having so much trouble with the quote system on the new site. sorry guys.  it was me that wrote ^ not alpha 

Edited by the_clay_bird

Donor

Some people consider Buried as their favourite. No idea why thought!? lol

​D: Shhhhhhh

Haha nah I understand. I suppose whenever I hear best map, my mind automatically goes Der Riese/Ascension. Not because I agree, but that was majority opinion at one point and it was kinda drilled into my brain.

I actually meant sales wise. Also dude you really need to get the hang of quoting XD

Donor

Adding to this conversation regarding the possibility of Jimmy not working at Treyarch anymore. His Twitter account pretty much confirms he now works for MonsterBox, a new venture of AAA developers who are starting up a new collective.

https://twitter.com/boxesofmonsters

https://twitter.com/ZielinskiJimmy

Unlikely that Activision/Treyarch would allow him to work on other projects while he is technically under contract to them but you never know. Either way, it does look ever more likely that Jimmy is indeed gone from Treyarch. Who do I blame now when I stub my toe, or stand in dog shit in the street? :(

Donor

I wonder how this will reflect in the new game. Will his departure be for the better or the worse? I'm kinda nervous.

Donor

I wonder how this will reflect in the new game. Will his departure be for the better or the worse? I'm kinda nervous.

I'm hoping it'll be for the better. The general consensus I think, is that Origins and Mob of the Dead were the best maps of Black Ops 2, and now that Jason Blundell is director of Zombies, we can only hope for better maps. However, they do have technical issues they need to sort out. Dying randomly on the tank in Origins comes to mind.

Edit: I have no idea what happened with the quoting system.

Edited by Spiderx3000

I'm kinda sad cause I like Jimmy and his cryptic-ness and how he connected with the community. 

I hope for the best for BO3, and maybe I'm strange, but I really liked Die Rise, Buried, and MOTD but didn't like Origins or TranZit. The story sucked for the most part on BO2, but MOTD did good with its own story and atmosphere. 

http://www.monsterboxltd.com/

Monster Box ltd is an elite group of talented developers with a combined 30+ years of AAA game development experience. Our artists, engineers and designers have shipped many well-known titles including: Call of Duty World at War, Black Ops and Black Ops II. 

We are also comprised of a group of key contributors to the creation and execution of the original cult phenomenom Nazi Zombies, and shipped over 14 Zombie specific downloadable map packs for the Black Ops and Black Ops II

MonsterBox.thumb.png.51bc19a8934f65ad0ed 

does this mean that Jimmy has been leading us on all these wild goose chases for the last 2 years just because he is an ass and stopped giving a fuck? lol.  props to him for staying the course

Donor

Guess it's confirmed now then: http://charlieintel.com/2015/06/30/jimmy-zielinski-one-of-the-creators-of-zombies-left-treyarch-in-december-2014/

Shame to see him having left as he was the studios go to guy on Twitter for all things zombies. From a few of his tweets I think he either got fed up with the abuse he was getting from the social media side of things, or maybe he did not appreciate the hate BO2 got. He seemed to suggest he was not happy anymore.

Either way as I said weeks back when I first announced he had left, he was just one person in a massive team who are involved in the development of zombies and the storyline. Life goes on.

Donor

Guess it's confirmed now then: http://charlieintel.com/2015/06/30/jimmy-zielinski-one-of-the-creators-of-zombies-left-treyarch-in-december-2014/

Shame to see him having left as he was the studios go to guy on Twitter for all things zombies. From a few of his tweets I think he either got fed up with the abuse he was getting from the social media side of things, or maybe he did not appreciate the hate BO2 got. He seemed to suggest he was not happy anymore.

Either way as I said weeks back when I first announced he had left, he was just one person in a massive team who are involved in the development of zombies and the storyline. Life goes on.

Can't say I'm too disappointed to be honest. He always seemed to be unnecessarily cryptic. Even when asked a simple question that wouldn't spoil anything he seemed to be very cryptic. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say something too, about Shangri-La being on Mars?

Donor

RIP all those youtube videos overanalyzing random ass blurry zoomed in images Jimmy felt like sharing with the world.

2008 - 2015

That Charlie Intel article hardly confirms it though DBZ. At the bottom it has it's source - "Jimmy's Linkdin via @LiamFTWinter"

That article was written yesterday. This thread was made on 15th May. And we've been discussing this on Skype since the end of April?

The rest of the community should be reading callofdutyzombies.com (haha)

Donor

Can't say I'm too disappointed to be honest. He always seemed to be unnecessarily cryptic. Even when asked a simple question that wouldn't spoil anything he seemed to be very cryptic. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say something too, about Shangri-La being on Mars?

Yeah, there was a few "Shangri La is/was on Mars" tweets going back and forth between Jimmy, Peter Livingstone and this sites founder Dan Seamens, but they were hamming it up for the community beacause we fed off it.

Yes, his cryptic nonsense was well over the top and I hated his transparency when asked simple questions but he was still an integral part of the team and his vision and ideas could potentially be missed. Time will tell soon enough. Jason Blundell showed with MotD and Origins that he has a decent vision when it comes to how dark, yet comic book esque the maps should be. Unfortunately with Origins he showed he has no grasp on the storyline or the direction it should be taken in so that could be a bad thing.

We will know soon enough I guess. As @Slade said though, I will definitely NOT miss the Youtuber view whoring videos that are based of the nonsense Jimmy used to post that ultimately always lead to nothing.