What maps should return?

CoD has had a tradition of bringing back fan favourite maps, so why would Black ops 3 be different?

Forums vote system didn't give enough options and even in strawpoll I had to exclude Nuketown, c'mon, lets be serious, everyone wants it back... right? So go ahead and vote, I like maps some other people didn't so I'd like to see a general opinion : P

http://strawpoll.me/4356687

In my opinion, Drone deserves some sort of award!

ZX1bkKG.jpg

Edited by Amantha77
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Plaza, I think mainly because of the theme. I hate Slums because I just hate that theme in general, but if it was in the theme of Plaza I would love it.

My vote went to Turbine because I think it was a great open large map with plenty of CQC areas. Lot of variety in that map.

• 1 month later...

For Treyarch? They have exactly one map that was constantly voted FOR, game after game, and rarely did people jump out of the lobby. Overplayed to death, yet still played: Standoff.

I'd say anything except nubetown, and firing range. They shamed themselves twice already.

No small maps. No spawn in a box.

I second drone, and turbine.

Edited by 83457
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Nuketown will probably be brought back. Please note that any map that wasn't in a Treyarch game has a 1% chance to be brought back. When they bring back maps they only tend to be brought back from games within their companies own games.

True, but SH brought back Pipeline.

So I have a small amount of hope in me.

Then again IW and SH worked together on MW3 so that may be the reason why.

Nuketown will probably be brought back. Please note that any map that wasn't in a Treyarch game has a 1% chance to be brought back. When they bring back maps they only tend to be brought back from games within their companies own games.

They also brought back Highrise now. It's nowhere near as fun as it was originally though IMO.

Id love for treyarch to bring back jungle. I always really liked that map.

Actually my #1 map would be Roundhouse from WaW. I LOVED that map.

@Vyhl Roundhouse was cool, but not as cool as Upheaval. :3

I always camped so hard in the buildings on the right side of the map that ones my second favorite. I think Castle needs to make a return, along with Seelow.

WaW had so many great maps

SledgeHammer as you said helped create alot of the MW multiplayer maps, and they helped Treyarch with some of their multiplayer maps too so technically SH had the right to bring back a ton of maps they wanted and remake them. The same is not true though with Treyarch since they didn't help make maps for others. I am pretty sure though they will bring back Nuketown "in some form", this I am willing to make a wager on. An if the mods tend to remember alot of the bets/wagers I make tend to be right (I rarely make them but they've all but 1 have been correct to this date on the site).

Definitely Cliffside / Hazard, had a really fun sniping feel to it without being BS. In BO2 I'd say vertigo, yemen, Hijacked. Sledgehammer remade IW maps so all bets are off. I'm saying remake / rework a large-ish Ghosts map to make it flow better but still be long range focused. 3 lane stonehaven pls?

Definitely Cliffside / Hazard, had a really fun sniping feel to it without being BS. In BO2 I'd say vertigo, yemen, Hijacked. Sledgehammer remade IW maps so all bets are off. I'm saying remake / rework a large-ish Ghosts map to make it flow better but still be long range focused. 3 lane stonehaven pls?

I really want Stonehaven back, everyone else seemed to hate it but it is my dream map.

Sledgehammer help make the original maps thus they had the legal right to remake them since they were their works to begin with. Treyarch on the other hand did not help any of the other companies make maps.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see some of the big BO1 maps return, favourites being Array, WMD, Kowloon and Hotel - but i would personally want them to return as those maps - and not in a remastered form like Studio/Take off for instance. So yes they should also be free. I dont mind the same map being updated with newer textures like Nuketown was as it was still the same map, but i definitely preferred Stadium to Take off and Firing range to studio. Remakes are never as good as the original.

I liked studio more then firing range...

Studio is good, I like how it has lots of zombie hints that still may mean something in the future and have already meant something. Same with Firing Range, I love them both but I love Firing Range more because of the place it holds in my heart. I would personally love Firing Range zombies, maybe named Quarantine like the map name it used to hint at. But I hope that the map returns.

• 2 months later...

Standoff was one of the few extremely popular maps that i didn't get sick of. Usually, the more it's played, the more i hate it.

Now that bo3 is here, these are some of the better Treyarch maps that I've seen, usually their maps are the worst of the cod series.

One good thing about the 360 version: no Nuketown. Hopefully they won't add it later! 

Edit: hmmm. I always get so negative towards trollarch...

So Standoff would be one that i would like. Maybe Hanoi, or that other bo map that was basically just a street with buildings on each side, Crisis, Drone, i even liked slums.

Just not nuketown or firing range... :)

Edited by 83457