State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition releases today, April 28th, 2015 for XB1 and PC( game was previously released on X360 and PC, this version is remastered) and includes the two DLCS that were previously released for the last version of the game. Cost is $29.99, unless you had previously purchased the game, in which case you receive a 33% discount making the game $19.99. Who's picking the game up? 

New Features:

Upgrade Plan for Xbox 360 State of Decay owners

• State of Decay Xbox 360 owners will receive a 33% discount on State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition. Discount will end June 30, 2015. To qualify for the discount, players must have purchased the base game, State of Decay, and have the same active LIVE account when State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition becomes available for purchase on Xbox One.

An exclusive new character for Xbox 360 State of Decay owners

• "Gurubani Kaur" used to be a wild child in college, but the outbreak sparked a return to the faith of her youth. She was born in Punjab, but moved to America before she learned to talk. Her weapon of choice is an old Indian cavalry sword that her father kept as an antique.
  • To acquire Gurubani, players must have purchased the base game, State of Decay, and have the same active LIVE account when State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition becomes available for purchase on Xbox One.

All first-year' content completely remastered

• The original "State of Decay," along with major add-ons "Breakdown" and "Lifeline", is fully-remastered in stunning 1080p. Improved lighting, textures, and shadows bring the faded beauty of Trumbull Valley and the ravaged city of Danforth to life like never before. Animations and combat mechanics are completely over-hauled to add a new level of intensity and action. Hundreds of a smaller improvements to core game systems make "State of Decay: Year-One Edition" a must-have.

New Mission Type

• Mysterious supply crates start dropping into remote areas across the map, attracting massive hordes of zombies. Wipe out the infestation and you can grab some of the rarest and most powerful equipment seen in State of Decay.

Xbox One additions

New Achievements

• 1500 Gamer Score
  • Community Challenges and Rewards
  • Individual Rewards
  • Game DVR

New vehicles: SUV...and more

• The new SUV sets a new standard for durability, and it doesn't end there - over 25 new vehicle skins are distributed across all maps.

Unlocking Heroes: Lifeline Roster

• Your favorite characters from "Lifeline" can now be unlocked in "Breakdown" with a new set of Challenges. Hop into the familiar boots of Hawkes, Kilo, and Vince ... or take control of the previously unplayable Kelly "Sasquatch" Eldridge.

New weapons: Under-barrel attachments and Incendiary Ammo

• Now if you find the right weapons, you can switch to an under-barrel grenade launcher or your assault rifle ... or load incendiary ammunition into any shotgun, and take out crowds of zombies without even switching weapons.

New Music

• Featuring 30 minutes of intense new music from award winning composer Jesper Kyd.

Community Improvements

• The facility actions from Lifeline' now show up in every version of the game, including ammo-refilling and snack-making at your base. NPC Enclaves are also getting a makeover, making it easier to trade and build trust with them.

Who is planning on picking this up? There is currently no MP or Co-Op, but it strongly seems like the Dev wants to make it work. 

Edited by RedDeadRiot
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game as it is wouldn't work with Co-Op IMO, they would need to add a whole new gameplay element to it. Larger hordes/infestations, bigger space etc. As it is, I'm not sure we will see a Co-Op in this version. I do however think MS is backing them, so their next release may be fully funded, in which case I think we would see a Co-Op.

The game as it is wouldn't work with Co-Op IMO, they would need to add a whole new gameplay element to it. Larger hordes/infestations, bigger space etc. As it is, I'm not sure we will see a Co-Op in this version. I do however think MS is backing them, so their next release may be fully funded, in which case I think we would see a Co-Op.