PS4 gets dlc first?

No, Slade, it says it right there...

http://www.streetfighter.com/us/sfv

Also no, the build was both PS4 and Xbox One as far as anyone has said, it is just rumours going aroudn because a small picture was taken showing where BO3 was being played and the only consoles that could be seen was PS4. Has anyone asked the people who played it what it was on or was it speculation? I have not seen anyone saying that there was only PS4's there.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Slade, it says it right there...

http://www.streetfighter.com/us/sfv

Also no, the build was both PS4 and Xbox One as far as anyone has said, it is just rumours going aroudn because a small picture was taken showing where BO3 was being played and the only consoles that could be seen was PS4. Has anyone asked the people who played it what it was on or was it speculation? I have not seen anyone saying that there was only PS4's there.

​If anyone hasn't already, I can try to asking Ali-A or MrDalekJD. A few YouTubers that I know have already played the multiplayer at the Treyarch studios a few weeks ago. If I get an answer, I will share it on here.

But isn't Vondy talking about his own work desk, NV?

​I am not sure, it seems like he is but he is replying to someone talking about this rumour so whether or not people played BO3 on those consoles or not I don't know.

Also yes ask thanks that would be great. Even if it was PS4 build that means nothing since that could have been the first build they had ready to use for BO3 and they just focuses on finishing that.

• Moderators

So it is pretty safe to say that the Xbone versions will be ported versions, yes?

It also makes sense because a lot of devs have said that it is easier to develop for the PS4. At least that is what I read.

And hey, NV maybe that means you can now experience some glitches and issues for yourself. (Just kidding of course.)

Thats two people though, did they say all consoles were PS4? Also no Xbox won't be ported versions, thats not how it works Lenne you do not port between consoles like that only current to last gen can be ported.

• Moderators

Up until BO1 they build a 360 version and a PS3 version of CoDs. Then with BO1 they just started to port the 360 version to the PS3 and that is also the reason why cod always ran better on the 360 since BO1.

Onlyusemeblade said that but don't ask me in which video that has to be at least three years old.

Also here is a link to a bunch of random people talking about the same subject. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bombcast-32/first-person-shooters-being-ported-to-ps3-447276/

Porting isn't just from new to last gen, NV.

And our wizzard @Slade can confirm this. probably :P

Edited by Lenne

What? Literally on another thread it was stated that porting does not work like that, it doesn't make much sense either because porting is a different thing. I don't even care anymore since theres no proof for what it was made on.

Also Slade I just went on Tmartns twitter and he didnt confirm it at all. All he did was retweet this pic:

https://twitter.com/ESG/status/592380998249091072/photo/1

Driftor said he played on PC as well.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

I never said he confirmed it on Twitter. He mentioned it in one of his videos after having played BO3.

Porting is simply getting shit from one platform to another and making it work. There's always porting involved, these companies don't make everything from scratch on every platform they release their games on.
Porting to last-gen is different because you have to change up a bunch of stuff to make it work with the less capable hardware.

When companies do porting right, you won't notice any difference between the different versions.
When they don't,  one version usually stands out as vastly superior to the ported versions. See Skyrim's PS4 DLC disaster.

I don't care at this point it doesn't prove anything about PS4 getting DLC first, thats just the buildthey chose. I meant that there was a difference between porting between consoles and to the last gen, it seemed like Lenne thought they were the same thing.

• Moderators

I don't care at this point it doesn't prove anything about PS4 getting DLC first, thats just the buildthey chose. I meant that there was a difference between porting between consoles and to the last gen, it seemed like Lenne thought they were the same thing.

​What?

We never talked about porting from last to current gen. 

Why would you assume that I was thinking porting from last to current gen was just like porting BO1 from 360 to PS3?

• Moderators

Nah.

The point I was trying to make is that if those fancy youtubers played on PS4 there is a high chance of Sony peeps not getting the short end of the stick anymore in terms of performance and performance is worth more than getting a map pack earlier than everybody else. imo

Now I was only jokingly saying that the Microsoft peeps may now experience some of those game breaking bucks a lot of sony folks had to deal with.

Those issues only came around because the PS3 version of the game wasn't a real PS3 version.

Because the PS3 was harder to develop games for they decided to be lazy and just port the 360 version to the PS3, you know?

Hope I got my point across now. 

I don't care at this point it doesn't prove anything about PS4 getting DLC first, thats just the buildthey chose. 

​This is what I've been saying from the start, that the build they played was the PS4 version but you kept going on about how there was no proof that they only played the PS4 version.

Obviously you can't say; hey they played PS4 so playstation's getting the DLC first now guys.

I know that but I still don't believe that the PS4 is where the main build for the game is but thats aside from the point. You kept replying anyways so obviously you cared, you could have just linked the video instead of just saying they said something when that means nothing.

I don't think what version of windows they use matters at all?

​I would think that it would matter of the version you play on. For example, you could possibly play the game on WIndows XP or Vista (if anyone out there still as that crap) but the game wouldn't work to the performance it should be on, say, Windows 7, 8 or 10. You could still have a really great gaming computer but still have a not-so-good OS and the game wouldn't perform to it's standards. But I don't know why anyone would have that combination of a great gaming computer and a not-so-good OS. I'm just giving an example.

Edited by TheVGExpert

I didn't even think an operation system really mattered, well past something like windows 7 of course. Its the engine they make it on that matters is it not?

I didn't even think an operation system really mattered, well past something like windows 7 of course. Its the engine they make it on that matters is it not?

​I don't believe that it has anything to do with engine. I may be wrong but I do not believe that has to do with the games engine. The engine is what makes the games graphics look really good and run smooth.