PS4 gets dlc first?

If the game is current gen only, I could see the bidding price being huge for the marketing rights, and that might be the reason MS lost the rights, if they did. 

Let's face it, 3arc is the biggest name in COD, and COD is the biggest game this side of GTA. The console that gets COD map packs  month early on the first current gen only COD is going to set records in sales. 

If it happened to be a contract year for the marketing rights, it would be a perfect storm for Activision to make a lot more money. 

MS might be too close to their budget to match what Sony was willing to spend to get the rights.

This may be true, but from what I have seen, Sony as a whole is really hurting on the bottom line.  PS4 has been a bright spot in an otherwise miserable time for them.  Microsoft could easily outbid Sony if they wanted to, but whether or not they want to remains to be seen

Sony is not the healthiest company for sure. But the PS division is actually important to their bottom line, where as Xbox for MS is miniscule in comparison. If one of the two companies was going to swing for the fences to propel their console, it would be sony imo.

I still doubt MS lost the rights. They practically just signed the marketing contract. The only way it happened is if Activision had an opt out. 

It's not impossible though. 2:1 marketshare, and the company with this years marketing, if the game is PS4/XB1 only, is going to sell a ton of consoles on the back of BO3. The zombies community is so hardcore, and starved for content that a lot of them will buy whichever console has the marketing I imagine.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost reveal had no Xbox info in reveal, either.

Take everything with salt. I think we see mutual releases this year, and not exclusives. 

AW still sold 6 millionish copies to last gen consoles so you gotta figure only a small percentage of that crowd will make the next gen jump now.. I get that PS4 is trumping the one in sales, but PS4 only sold 2 million more copies of AW than Xbox did. Would they really alienate an entire fanbase that helped bring them to the top? I know it's acti we're talking about but I have faith. The entire Competitive community plays on XB1 and you know how big that is to Vahn at least, they would get so much flak from them if they did that.

I'm done with both.

Pc is the way to go.

Consoles are fast becoming this anyway. The Pc has all the power & flexibility of the consoles with none of the limitations & no costly subscriptions. (Double dipping MS)

I guess you could say the cost is worth it for exclusive content & early access.

Just ask what can an Xbox or Playstation do that a pc can't?

Personally I want No Clip & the easy streaming possibilities.

Access to the code, audio & files as well.

Just my humble opinion on the matter.

I've lost so many consoles over the years, yet I still have the rig I bought 13 years ago, still going strong.

Lessons have been learnt.

Regards Alpha.

• 2 weeks later...

I can definitely see PS4 getting early DLC. PS4 is outselling Xbox One and it would only make sense. Still, best case-scenario should be it comes same time for every platform. These exclusivity deals are bull.

​This is a perfect example to why it would be likely that Playstation would get the DLC first before Xbox. The PS4 sales compared to the XB1 sales are very far apart. I hear more and more people are abandoning their XB1's because they aren't performing to what they should performing. I believe that just because of the big difference in sales with PS4 on top of the XB1, PS4 should get early access to DLC and there has been a lot of talk about this happening. 

For all of those Xbox die hards getting all mad about this potentially happening, do not say that they should make it fair and have the DLC's out at the same time because Playstation has always had to wait another month to get any type of DLC or extra content with the Call of Duty series. I believe that it should be Playstation's turn to have DLC and extra content before Xbox.

I can definitely see PS4 getting early DLC. PS4 is outselling Xbox One and it would only make sense. Still, best case-scenario should be it comes same time for every platform. These exclusivity deals are bull.

​This is a perfect example to why it would be likely that Playstation would get the DLC first before Xbox. The PS4 sales compared to the XB1 sales are very far apart. I hear more and more people are abandoning their XB1's because they aren't performing to what they should performing. I believe that just because of the big difference in sales with PS4 on top of the XB1, PS4 should get early access to DLC and there has been a lot of talk about this happening. 

For all of those Xbox die hards getting all mad about this potentially happening, do not say that they should make it fair and have the DLC's out at the same time because Playstation has always had to wait another month to get any type of DLC or extra content with the Call of Duty series. I believe that it should be Playstation's turn to have DLC and extra content before Xbox.

I got an Xbox for the exact purpose of getting zombies DLC early, that is like, the ONLY reason I have it over the PS4. To give it to playstation now would be a MAJOR dick move to everyone who owns an Xbox.  Gamers who truly love COD bought XBONES for the exact reason of getting the DLC early. 

Also you playstation die-hards should realize that not everything should belong to one console (rude isn't it). You've gotten destiny, the arkham series, and many other things. Xbox gets COD, it's only fair to the COD lovers, and the Xbox community. If treyarch let everyone have it at the same time, everyone's happy, if you let Xbox have it first, everything's normal, if you let PS have it first, that's going to piss a LOT of people off, like me.  

I got an Xbox for the exact purpose of getting zombies DLC early, that is like, the ONLY reason I have it over the PS4. To give it to playstation now would be a MAJOR dick move to everyone who owns an Xbox.  Gamers who truly love COD bought XBONES for the exact reason of getting the DLC early. 

Also you playstation die-hards should realize that not everything should belong to one console (rude isn't it). You've gotten destiny, the arkham series, and many other things. Xbox gets COD, it's only fair to the COD lovers, and the Xbox community. If treyarch let everyone have it at the same time, everyone's happy, if you let Xbox have it first, everything's normal, if you let PS have it first, that's going to piss a LOT of people off, like me.  

​I completely understand what you're saying (because that happens every single year to Playstation) but I really don't want to start an unnecessary Console War. Personally, I believe that it's unfair that Xbox gets the DLC's first before Playstation. Do I think that Activision should released the DLC on the same day for everyone? Yes I do, but I also believe that it is unfair to the Playstation users who've had to deal with the many years of waiting a month for the DLC to be released.

What I think that Call of Duty and Activision should do with settling this indifference with the release of the DLC's is they should do a rotation like with what they do right now with Treyarch, Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward. Try rotating years with each platform and have one platform get the DLC early. Try giving the DLC to Playstation first for Black Ops III and then after that game, maybe let PC get the DLC first, while Playstation and Xbox get it at the same time and vice versa for every rotation.

I just believe that Activision needs to settle the DLC release and not one-side it one console constantly, every single year. Hint-hint...Xbox every single year... Maybe the rotation for DLC's does not work. Then the only way to settle that is to have the DLC's released on one day for all three platforms. Not just one. I think that it's time for other platforms to get an even share of when the DLC is released for them instead of waiting a whole another month for the extra content to be released. 

Again, I am not going to start a console war. I am just stating that the release of the Call of Duty DLC needs to be fair and these are plausible ways to make that happen.  

You LITERALLY just posted the same thing twice... 

Also, PS users arn't crippled or have been treated unfairly at all the way it seems to be thought of. They made the choice to pick a PS over and Xbox, with that there are rewards, and consequences. To unbalance that with a game as big as COD:BO3, WOULD create a large amount of anger from the Xbox community. 

PS and PC users CHOSE to get the DLC late when they got the PS or PC version. Xbox users chose to sacrifice their own specialities to get DLC early. 

Now the game we waited for is coming out and people want to just now bend the tides? How is that fair to the millions that have already bought a next/current-gen console? '

Besides, what are we worried about? If treyarch listened to what people wanted we'd have WAW 2 now wouldn't we? :lol:  

Edited by Stop mocking me0

Every year its the same thing. PS3/4 has DLC first, blah blah blah so much convincing evidence when in fact if you think about it you know it isn't true. There is no point saying all of this stuff, they will announce it and then we will know. I like mockings point as well. 

You LITERALLY just posted the same thing twice... 

Also, PS users arn't crippled or have been treated unfairly at all the way it seems to be thought of. They made the choice to pick a PS over and Xbox, with that there are rewards, and consequences. To unbalance that with a game as big as COD:BO3, WOULD create a large amount of anger from the Xbox community. 

PS and PC users CHOSE to get the DLC late when they got the PS or PC version. Xbox users chose to sacrifice their own specialities to get DLC early. 

Now the game we waited for is coming out and people want to just now bend the tides? How is that fair to the millions that have already bought a next/current-gen console? '

Besides, what are we worried about? If treyarch listened to what people wanted we'd have WAW 2 now wouldn't we? :lol:  

You made a choice to get an Xbox before the dlc info was released. If you miss out, that's kind of your own fault in every sense of the word.  I'm sure Activision would rather piss off the couple million Xbox owners that would buy COD, rather than the possible 8 or so on PS (if it's current gen only, let's all hope). 

It makes all the sense in the world to switch, and I think you guys severely overestimate the amount of people who actually bought an XB1 with COD in mind. Contributing factor sure, essential factor not so much. 

The only people who will be mad, are those who aassumed, and the people who are part of the competitive community, who will now be forced to buy a ps4. Few thousand people, if that.

Edit: Again though it all comes down to the money. If there is more money to be made by mak8ng the switch, they will, if not then they won't. I just think you guys way over estimate the amount of people who really care, and it's only a big deal for the first dlc anyways.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

Every year it is the same thing, you guys say it makes more sense for this to happen for that Xbox people deserve to not have the DLC but you know that all of these claims mean nothing until there is an announcement. No one is right so stop saying something is going to happen when there is no proof.

These exclusivity contracts are renewed every year with each new CoD. With Sony's current financial situation, I can't see them buying out this deal on Microsoft.

Interestingly, Microsoft's last exclusivity deal with EA on Dragon Age Inquisition (which sold better on Sony's console mind you) saw its first DLC premiere on the Xbox One and PC at the same time. With PS getting it a month later.

Phil Spencer has said multiple times Microsoft is working on a renewed focus on PC Gaming. Windows 10 will also allow you to stream your Xbone games to your PC, and more and more franchises like Street Fighter and Fable will have cross-play from Xbox One to PC. Makes sense that MS expands the exclusivity deals to also include the PC now and in the future.

Thats interesting. If Xbox is expanded to PC then maybe PC may be getting better treatment than before. I would like that but it depends if it happens or not.

• Moderators

These exclusivity contracts are renewed every year with each new CoD. With Sony's current financial situation, I can't see them buying out this deal on Microsoft.

Interestingly, Microsoft's last exclusivity deal with EA on Dragon Age Inquisition (which sold better on Sony's console mind you) saw its first DLC premiere on the Xbox One and PC at the same time. With PS getting it a month later.

Phil Spencer has said multiple times Microsoft is working on a renewed focus on PC Gaming. Windows 10 will also allow you to stream your Xbone games to your PC, and more and more franchises like Street Fighter and Fable will have cross-play from Xbox One to PC. Makes sense that MS expands the exclusivity deals to also include the PC now and in the future.

​I thought the new SF will be on PS4/PC only?

• Moderators

I just read on Charlieintel (in the comment section) that the youtubers who got invited to play BO3 played it on the PS4.

Can anyone confirm that?

Because what actually bothered me with the whole xbox<3cod stuff was the fact that I couldn't play NML in glorious 60 fps. 

So if this is the case one could assume I don't have the inferior version of the game. yay ^.^

Lenne, before that gets taken as a fact David Vonderhaar tweeted as a reply to that a picture of many of the Xboxes at the build to show it was an equal amount. I will update with the pic in one sec.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager