Moon: No-Clipped

InfestLithium

• Administrators

Was roaming across YouTube tonight and came across @RADAUSTIN27's video about no-clipping on Moon. I gotta say, some very interesting things going on like the mountains in the far distance (Rad points them out significantly as the Shangri-la mountain look-a-likes...something right up @GRILL™'s alley).

Here's the video, it's definitely worth the watch:

Critical Points (based on video):

• The mountains in No Man's Land are far off in the distance, and look quite similar to the ones in Shangri-la.
  • The grate underneath the Pack-a-Punch is also filled with water and linked to the mud pool.
  • According to Rad, the rockets and several other physical features do not show on the Moon unless the teleporter has been activated in No Man's Land.
  • On top of Griffin Station, there are Russian containers that read "It is contaminated/infected through 500M".
  • Some radios are very much missed. For example, the one in the Biodome requires you to fling across the lunar pads and falls directly near it as its perched on a steel beam, while another is outside a window in one of the labs.
  • None of the rockets on Moon are labeled or have any kind of icon/writings.
Edited by InfestLithium
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet stuff Festo. ;3

According to Rad, the rockets and several other physical features do not show on the Moon unless the teleporter has been activated in No Man's Land.

Otherwise you could see those (for instance the excavators) off in the distance whenever you were in No Man's Land. :P

"It is contaminated/infected through 500M" ?

• 2 months later...

FA7E87107809B39A47DADD0D53CC6F60167DEF1F

A lot of work has been put into figuring out what they do there.

Facts:

• Same containers are around the single player campaign missions.
  • References to Chernobyl. In @Tac's post I can't find.
  • The same text was used again in Black Ops II Tranzit silos.

Conclusion in my opinion is it's just reuse of textures.

• Administrators

@Slade y u brk ma hart bby??

I figured it would be something along those lines. I was just interested by more proof of Russian involvement in the moon base. We already had a familiar idea of their presence but this is hidden out of plain sight as well. Re-used or not, I'm quite confident that Treyarch purposely knew about the Russian writing...right? :o