Homepage is now live

How do you like the new homepage?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Administrators

Back in the day when the forums had just underwent the transition into the IPB forum software, we decided to set up a temporary frontpage that most of you have probably seen before. (In fact, you could still access the frontpage here.) With the makeover that this forum got, it was only necessary to re-do the new homepage as well.

1b7882cd0183b98f35ce19965e98474c.png

You may notice that the url "callofdutyzombies.com" will now automatically take you to the Homepage. Because...well, that's what a homepage is for. The new page features a ton of content, such as:

• Easy article navigating - explore the articles with ease, and even go to different articles while within one
  • Social media sharing - now you can share articles to virtually any social networking site
  • Follow content - much like how you can follow certain threads, you can also follow articles for easy bookmarking or when new comments/content is updated
  • Instant forum access - your favorite news will be side-by-side with the forum sidebar to keep you updated 24/7 on virtually everything within CoDz

ecb60d5618ff12d671cf8ab83a6c93fa.png

c7b18aa4d0320c526eef2414fabf38cd.png

We hope you all enjoy this small but very fruitful feature!

Edited by InfestLithium
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Oh yeah, maybe it's just me, but I can't comment on the news articles at all. Bug or an oversight, maybe?

​I've checked with @Hells Warrrior, and we're working on an issue with it relating to post count (since it's apparently a suite-wide application). Once it doesn't register comments as actual posts, we will get it enabled.

Sorry about that friendo; I honestly didn't realize that it did that but thank you for letting us know. :)

• Tech Admin

It's something we need to look at, every application that allows comments or to add files counts as comment count. I know that they are very reluctant to split this between applications but are considering offering something to differentiate between post count and comment counts.

Something will happen in due course but at this time we need to seriously consider how we approach this.