Black Ops 3 Should Have More 'Mob of the Dead'-style Maps!

MrTEPDuck

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-Nice gameplay at the begining :PLEURE:

(just teasing, I'm sure this was a special situation of sorts.)(Also, WOAH, new Emojis!) 

2- MOTD is actually enjoyed by MOST players compaired to the other maps of BO2, coming in only second to Origins. (From the 3 sites I looked up these polls on) 

3- Individual soundtracks were actually made for all maps after MOTD. (Excluding exo-maps). I think we can be safe to assume they will return eventually. 

4-Bodies were strewn around the map in Origins as well. 

5- Single-story maps arn't beneficial to the story, but MOTD did it WELL. 

6-Careful when you say "Massive maps" Origins is good, tranzit is NOT.

7-More places like tranzit's Nact would be liked. 

8- Player-controlled-vehicles would be a GREAT idea IMO. Like a car that you can drive, but you get limited control of your weapon and zombies can attack the car. Other players in the car can shoot out as well. 

9- There should only be 1 map with different characters. We have a storyline to maintain.

10- Map-ending easter eggs are not for every map. I'd personally like it better if we unlocked weapons like the WWDG2 in COTD. 

10- Map-ending easter eggs are not for every map. I'd personally like it better if we unlocked weapons like the WWDG2 in COTD. 

​I do agree with you partly, but I think that making an map-ending easter egg is actually more benificial to the storyline because for example: when the O4 gets to kino from der reise how did that happen? and if we had an ending then that ending could be the players overloading the the teleporter and then entering it and then the map ends... I think that would be much more pleasing and interresting for the players...I mean not everyone wants continiue forever?!

Well actually we do know how they got from der reise to kino, it's explained in the famous "THEATER OF THE DAMNED" speech's background card. The teleporter brought them here and the DG2 is discovered to be capable of time travel. 

Personally ending the map is a GOOD idea, but only when it happens RARELY. IF there's a better reward like a new weapon, or all perks permanently. I'd take that any day over ending without anymore downs.

2- MOTD is actually enjoyed by MOST players compaired to the other maps of BO2, coming in only second to Origins. (From the 3 sites I looked up these polls on) 

3- Individual soundtracks were actually made for all maps after MOTD. (Excluding exo-maps). I think we can be safe to assume they will return eventually. 

4-Bodies were strewn around the map in Origins as well. 

5- Single-story maps arn't beneficial to the story, but MOTD did it WELL. 

6-Careful when you say "Massive maps" Origins is good, tranzit is NOT.

9- There should only be 1 map with different characters. We have a storyline to maintain.

2- I am sooooooooooo glad to hear that. I was always getting told that everyone hated MOTD. In fact, most of my friends seem to. Maybe they just don't have taste, ha!​

3, 4- I know Origins and following maps shared these qualities, I just mean Mob of the Dead played to ALL the things I wanted to see in future maps well. I did originally make the video where I used examples from Origins and Buried too but it came out at about 20 minutes long... So I sadly had to cut a lot!

5, 9- Granted but I felt, and I think it's fair to say we can agree, the Black Ops 2 maps did absolutely nothing for the story except make it a bit of a mess and a bore. Like, the whole long winded Richtofen/Maxis taking over arc didn't seem to go anywhere interesting IMO. I just felt that had all that stuff going on with the N4 been contained in one map, they as characters would have been more interesting. As for the Maxis/Richtofen story line... It kind of seems like the reason Origins was the following map, besides being a great send off map for Black Ops 2, was because there was no where left to go after Buried. Or at least, that's how I see it.

I agree, one different character map per game is a nicer treat but I just felt it would make the return zombie storyline a bit more excitable if you've got to wait to resolve a cliffhanger. Like a mini wait between Treyarch games. I also thought it would have been nice to see what else is going on in the world besides the whole O4/Richtofen/Maxis saga.

6- True, Trazit was a mess, but I think that was mainly because the of all the fog, lava and Denizens between areas. Which was mainly about hiding most of the map so it didn't take up too much space what with it being last gen systems and all.

​I do agree with you partly, but I think that making an map-ending easter egg is actually more benificial to the storyline because for example: when the O4 gets to kino from der reise how did that happen? and if we had an ending then that ending could be the players overloading the the teleporter and then entering it and then the map ends... I think that would be much more pleasing and interresting for the players...I mean not everyone wants continiue forever?!

​Exactly! Everyone wants to end the game at some point and just downing yourself is such an anti-climatic way to go about it.

I agree entirely that the Kino ending would've been superb!

Well actually we do know how they got from der reise to kino, it's explained in the famous "THEATER OF THE DAMNED" speech's background card. The teleporter brought them here and the DG2 is discovered to be capable of time travel. 

Personally ending the map is a GOOD idea, but only when it happens RARELY. IF there's a better reward like a new weapon, or all perks permanently. I'd take that any day over ending without anymore downs.

​Oh no, I meant when you finish the Easter Egg you get the achievement plus rewards (perks, WWDG2, bonuses of whatever kind) and then have a final step, like MegaZron suggested, that advances the story and explains how one map leads into another or at least how that map's story ends.

Treyarch is very particular with their rewards, you can only expect 1 or 2 each map. 

Also, I'd like your idea and I think that's one of the things BO2 got right. The spacing between die-rise and buried was superb. The only thing that would have been better would be if one's actions in buried, effected Origins. As for game-to-game spacing: NO, we already revealed NOTHING in BO2 like you said, and now we get a 3 year wait cycle: ZOMBIE'S STORYLINE NOW!

Side-note: An interesting Idea is a map that lets each player end their game when they want, but doesn't end the game for other players.