(POLL) Which Console Will You Play Black Ops III On?

Which Console Will You Play Black Ops III On?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone!

Just a poll regarding the important question of which console the majority of you will play Black Ops 3 on!

Personally, I will be playing on the Xbox One and would like to estimate the size of the zombie slaying population that will be there with me!

Have an awesome day!

=)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Good to see the XBONE winning. 

It really doesn't mater much to me, but I do like that most people who have seen this thread are XB1-ists. 

Also, can't help but notice that XB1 is trumping 360... Maybe this game will be next-gen-only after all B) 

​lol

I'm gonna go with the Ps4 and if the game actually is worth my money I will get it for the PC as well.

Just for @Slade and @Tasha . :Heart:

• Administrators

Not sure why, but I see (outside of here) people hating on this game if it comes out for the 360/PS3 ADDITIONALLY, as in the next-gen consoles STILL get the game. Does no one want the last consoles to get as much fun either? Does it really hurt other players to allow another person who doesn't have the console to enjoy the game?

Like hell, I'm still enjoying AW on the 360.

Not sure why, but I see (outside of here) people hating on this game if it comes out for the 360/PS3 ADDITIONALLY, as in the next-gen consoles STILL get the game. Does no one want the last consoles to get as much fun either? Does it really hurt other players to allow another person who doesn't have the console to enjoy the game?

​A lot of it has to do with limitations. Even if you port it, you still have to regulate it and keep track of bugs for all 5 versions of the game. That's much easier when there's only 3 versions of the game. (Not including wii/wii-u) 

​A lot of it has to do with limitations. Even if you port it, you still have to regulate it and keep track of bugs for all 5 versions of the game. That's much easier when there's only 3 versions of the game. (Not including wii/wii-u) 

​Last-gen hardware Limitations don't mean shit to triple A franchises like CoD. It's the latest buzzword for people to justify the current console hardware simply not being able to do 1080p/60fps and developer laziness. The "Hey, the current-gen version was handicapped by last-gen consoles guys" excuse is getting really old now.

If BO3 is cross-gen, Activision will just get another studio to develop the last-gen versions, (see: Rise of the Tomb Raider) any grandé feature that simply cannot run on 360/ps3 hardware will get cut / severely changed.

As for regulating it and keeping track of bugs, that's what they get paid for to do.

Edited by Slade

Well Destiny is being held back by last gen consoles. For example it took thema ages to slightly increase the vault size and in the end they decided to remove the comparison feature between weapons from last gen consoles in order to increase the vault. But you are right in that the last gen doesn't hold current consoles graphically behind. The current consoles just have medicore hardware that is preventing them from doing 60 fps / 1080p on some games.

Edited by Matuzz

But when does it stop? I wasn't in to gaming too much when 360/ps3 released so I don't know how support for the previous gen was handled. I know games were released cross gen for a while but I'm not sure for how long. This will be third CoD title on next current gen...

Edited by RedDeadRiot

It'll go on for as long as it makes financial sense.

@Matuzz of course it's all on a case-by-case basis, and more complex games like let's say Shadow of Mordor with its advanced Nemesis AI System will have to compromise more to be able to run on both console generations. (The Nemesis System was cut for last gen consoles)

But this is Call of Duty. Aside from graphical fidelity and visual / rendering special effects, there really isn't  anything in CoD that's so technically complex and advanced that it absolutely cannot be handled by last-gen systems.

At this point PS4, although if the status quo is maintained with the dlc, I may go the XB1 route. Been looking for a way to justify spending the money on One (to myself).

As for hating on last gen, it's simple really. It limits the amount of things that can happen at one time (g spawn). It basically means that even if the ps4/xb1 could do 40 zombies at a time,  the old consoles would hold them back from being able to do it. It's been nearly a decade, time to bury the old consoles. 

Also, i'm almost positive that WAW was on ps2, but didn't include the zombies mode. That would be an alright compromise imo. The last ps2 game released, I believe was fifa 13 or something crazy like that.

PS4. Just not a fan of Xbox. I am majorly jealous you guys get to experience new Zombies a month early though. I half avoid the site, only reading the story implications of the map. Don't wanna be spoiled what the map looks like, layout, strategies, etc. It's what I did for BO2 and I greatly appreciated my first playthrough of the maps.