COD 2015 Viral Campaign (video/pictures) - CODZ official discussion thread

The creation of a super soldier, yes. Richtofen wanted that with Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey.

​Kind of off topic, but this really reminds of me of the Nazis and Hydra from the Marvel Cinematic Universe trying to recreate the Super Soldier Serum used to turn Steve Rogers into Captain America. Never really noticed, even though I'm a huge Marvel comic fan and a huge Treyarch COD/Zombies fan. Cx

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

@Raioya Welcome to the community, friendo!

We are certainly going to be deal with advanced warfare once more, whether it be cybernetic suits or the overall tone of the game. I would take what James C. Burnes says with a miniscule grain of salt; he's known to spew different details that had little to no actual relativity behind it. But he is right on one thing: Call of Duty is pushing forward into future settings because the past has been overdone to death (although there's certainly room for very specific periods of wartime).

Three words: gloves, shield, and horse.

One thought, that came to mind when i was thinking about "TheUnmarkedMan": It could link to Edward Richtofen. Because he was unmarked from the picture with the O4, if you remember the DICE presentation. And the tweet which says: "No...listen to the sound of MY voice." sounds a lot like Richtofen to me. Also: In the Origins cut scene Richtofen has the sleeves of his shirt rolled up, just like the silhouette in the profile pic of "TheUnmarkedMan".

Edited by MrGigeddy

Reminds me of Maxis and Richtofen voices in Black Ops II zombies, regarding which path the players took.

However...

Could the "Unmarked Man" be the shadowed picture in Kino Der Toten?

Could the three remaining test subjects be Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai?

So many questions, the hype train is about to run me over.

I seriously doubt the unmarked man will be anything to do with the zombie game mode. This is definitely campaign related, as it goes in line with all previous Treyarch or CoD virals around this time of the year.

As for the Frank Woods video, I tend to not pay too much attention to what he says now after watching his Tranzit breakdown video. He literally got everything completely wrong in that video so although I am sure he will be aware of the new mechanics in the campaign/MP mode, they are nothing that we are not already expecting anyway.

As Matuzz said, they have always promoted the campaign first in CoD games followed by MP, then the coop mode.

The vast majority of people who buy CoD buy it for the campaign and MP so I cannot see why the would put zomies at the forefront of their viral, and that aside, nothing in this viral has so far pointed towards zombies and has actually strongly pointed towards the campaign mode. It's possible but if it was zombie related then it seems unrelated to where we left off on Buried or Origins.

As Matuzz said, they have always promoted the campaign first in CoD games followed by MP, then the coop mode.

The vast majority of people who buy CoD buy it for the campaign and MP so I cannot see why the would put zomies at the forefront of their viral, and that aside, nothing in this viral has so far pointed towards zombies and has actually strongly pointed towards the campaign mode. It's possible but if it was zombie related then it seems unrelated to where we left off on Buried or Origins.

​I agree that its most likely campaign related, but I will say that I can't see Campaign or MP fans caring about a viral campaign as deep as this one. I loved BO1s campaign and even I wouldn't really care too much about story hints and teases before the game's release. I'd only really care about the trailers and some gameplay up until the release. But to piece together images and videos only seconds long and dig into Morse code and messages hidden in background audio. Thats more up the zombie fan tree. 

Again, I think the teases are most likely Campaign related, but the detail they are putting into them seems to be more attractive to the zombie fans. So I think they are going to keep messing with zombie fans by adding things like 4 survivors and metal towers in their messages. Use their campaign teasers to tease us even more. 

The creation of a super soldier, yes. Richtofen wanted that with Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey.

​Kind of off topic, but this really reminds of me of the Nazis and Hydra from the Marvel Cinematic Universe trying to recreate the Super Soldier Serum used to turn Steve Rogers into Captain America. Never really noticed, even though I'm a huge Marvel comic fan and a huge Treyarch COD/Zombies fan. Cx

​Funny I couldn't stop thinking of our zombies when watching the first Captain America movie.  The nazi wonder weapons and all.

In all fairness its a twitter account. It barely has any info on it yet so no one can say if its campaign or not. We get the reveal in 5 days either way, seems like it was much longer away.

​I agree that its most likely campaign related, but I will say that I can't see Campaign or MP fans caring about a viral campaign as deep as this one. I loved BO1s campaign and even I wouldn't really care too much about story hints and teases before the game's release. I'd only really care about the trailers and some gameplay up until the release. But to piece together images and videos only seconds long and dig into Morse code and messages hidden in background audio. Thats more up the zombie fan tree. 

Again, I think the teases are most likely Campaign related, but the detail they are putting into them seems to be more attractive to the zombie fans. So I think they are going to keep messing with zombie fans by adding things like 4 survivors and metal towers in their messages. Use their campaign teasers to tease us even more. 

This viral is very similar in style and marketing to the GKNova campaign which was initially campaign related, and although this is definitely more appealing to the deep digging zombie community this is how Treyarch operation as a whole, not just for their zombie mode.

I won't rule it out but I am pretty confident this will be campaign related hence why I have not been overly active in threads related to this stuff already.

I got something different. Assuming we're using the same cipher that Buried used, I got NCEY and OURS for the bottom two. The top line has two possibilities since it seems to be cut off. If those boxes have a top line that's cut off, they are NNQJ. If they don't have a top line, it's EEHA. This comes out like this:

*NNQJ*

*EEHA*

NCEY

OURS

Using a mixture of possibilities from the top line, you can come up with ENHANCE YOURS. That's the best I could come up with.

I got something different. Assuming we're using the same cipher that Buried used, I got NCEY and OURS for the bottom two. The top line has two possibilities since it seems to be cut off. If those boxes have a top line that's cut off, they are NNQJ. If they don't have a top line, it's EEHA. This comes out like this:

*NNQJ*

*EEHA*

NCEY

OURS

Using a mixture of possibilities from the top line, you can come up with ENHANCE YOURS. That's the best I could come up with.

it's either

E/N E/N

HA 

NCEY

OURS

which would be ENHANCE YOURS

Edited by LiamFTWinter