Story speculation

Well now we know the theme of Black Ops III is twisted and dark future with super soldier enhanced with robotics and other advanced tech. It is quite safe to say zombies will follow such a direction with guns, abilities ect. Sure they could do all the guns, assets, etc. specifically for zombies and make it take place in another era but I highly doubt it.

So in World at War the oraginzation in power of zombies was Group 935 working for Nazis. There were also Americans working with this mysterious element 115 in WW2 but we didn't know much about them at the time.

Then came Black Ops. We saw the downfall of Group 935 and Cold War and how Majestic 12 took bigger steps in the zombies but there was a whole new group born called Ascension Group which took under it's wings many of the former Group 935 workers. Ascension group was superior compared to the Majestic 12 during this era.

When Black Ops II dropped we saw the effects of global catastrophe when Moon rockets hit the earth making the zombies a global phenomenon. Especially Americans suffered most of this strike and their society was halted. Most likely Majestic 12 was extremely hindered but possibly still doing recon and rescue missions. While the americans fell out of the power a new giant rose to the power. China took great leaps in their technological advancements that roots back to Cold War era when they started major collabration with the Russian Ascension Group mining Element 115 and developing ICMBs.

From Die Rise we see though that even China eventually fell to the zombies. But Black Ops II never explained the behind the scenes power play as well as original Black Ops so it's yet to see if China has working underground goverment / group similar to 935, Majestic 12 or Ascension still intact. Will China be the new 935 in Black Ops III zombies story with this new state of the art robotic technology or will again another secret group rise to a power?

Leave your thoughs below. :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Wow... you just made the BOII part of the story sound interesting. Good job. ;)

I still think Treyarch has cut themselves loose from the story we know and want to do something completely new without any connections to the original trilogy of zombies.

I know it is the lazy way out, but I highly doubt they can redeem the story we know so far.

Hah thanks!

And yeah the really twisted the story all around and it became quite a mess in Black Ops II with the Origins finally trying to "cut" most of the old story away and possibly pave a way for fresh start that still kind of continues the old story. It will be interesting to see if it's a whole new dimensions with completely different past or will they lean on more to the history of the old story.

Thats why I think that they had a new 935 logo at the DICE Summit, something big is going to happen with 935. Maybe the super soldier program returns and they finally try to improve the human condition?

Thats why I think that they had a new 935 logo at the DICE Summit, something big is going to happen with 935. Maybe the super soldier program returns and they finally try to improve the human condition?

​Yeah I could very well see that happening. They even had giant robots in Origins already :D

I want to see a real antagonist for once. An actual goal to work towards to throughout all the DLC maps would also be very nice.

​But Tasha, was the antagonist of the caring father Maxis and the crazy but not very evil Richtofen not good enough in Black Ops 2? What about linking up those towers and achieving nothing but rubbish, hows that for a goal? I'm being sarcastic by the way I totally agree with the antagonist thing and the goal thing. :P

@Stop mocking me0 Obviously aside from the Zombies.

And Maxis is no protagonist, he wanted to and succeeded in destroying the Earth, twice, remember. Richtofen also isn't really a protagonist because in BO1 he screws you over in the end by leaving the others to die in space just so he could partially control some Zombies and in 2 (Origins not counting) he screws you over again by leaving you to die, again.

Samantha Maxis is also an antagonist up until Moon.

George Romero is an antagonist.

Et cetera.

Oh I thought you were responding to me. To be honest the original characters arent good people, they were war criminals. Nikolai murdered his wives. But in Origins they are nothing like that which is interesting.

• Administrators

But whether what we think we know about Demsey, Takeo and Nikolai is true or not is still up in the air. The three are brainwashed and blindly follow a psychopath...which, personally, I find, made for a better story. I am very bummed about BO2, but the story that began at Der Riese (including Shi No Numa and Verrückt) was timeless, all the way to Moon. How I wish they would carry that on and find a way to eject Richtofen...etc. who knows where it could go? I mean, despite their questionable histories or motives, who doesn't like the ragtag gang of dirtbags so set on their own agenda that they don't even seem to be much aware of the rest of the world?

The overdramatic personas of the characters changed the whole feel. Personally (to each his own) I prefer the silliness over the drama. The story is the drama; the characters give it variety. Maxis has always been serious, as have the other scientists, giving it a dramatic feel, while the experiments (the three minions) and Richtofen are suffering mental distortion and/or damage, thus, the silliness and instabiliy of those particular four. 

On on the other hand, while I believe BO2 had its place in the story, though disappointing, I feel like it took enough of an independent route to allow us to return to the original narrative. 

Edited by NaBrZHunter