Black Ops 3 Cover Art & Description

t3XArOT.png

“Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3 is the first title for next-gen hardware in the critically acclaimed Black Ops series. Developed by Treyarch, the award-winning creator of the two most played games in Call of Duty® history. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 deploys players into a dark, twisted future where a new breed of Black Ops soldiers emerges and the lines are blurred between our own humanity and the technology we created to stay ahead, in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare. With three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies, it providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Wow, people hate exo-suits that much? C'mon, it adds variance to gameplay mechanics tenfold. Additionally, these may resemble exo-suits but they could be a less-emphasized version of AW's concept.

Too many people complain.

I say bring it on, Treyarch.

Wow, people hate exo-suits that much? C'mon, it adds variance to gameplay mechanics tenfold. Additionally, these may resemble exo-suits but they could be a less-emphasized version of AW's concept.

Many like the pace of CoD and I guess AW exos totally changed it.

I'd just prefer they let Sledgehammer keep exos and do what they do best. Now that we got a 3 year cycle of games I want them to stand apart. AW would have been a better campaign if Ghosts and BO2 didn't water down the future style storyline. Now 4 CoD titles in a row all taking place in the near future with BO3 copying AW exos? I'd rather get something more like BO1. An interesting plot that surrounds past events. Then let IW go back to its present time settings and let SH keep the future exos. That way it doesn't feel like the same old game over and over each year and let the 3 companies each have a unique game.  

I will reserve all judgement till I see some of the game in action, but I will say that I am no fan of Advanced Warfare. Campaign was fun but MP is a bit too hectic and the suits are a bit ropey for my liking.

Please for the love of GOD! Do not add any of the future tech, super jump features into zombies.

I'm also hoping for more emphasis on the story in the Zombies maps. TranZit and Die Rise did so little to advance in my opinion.

This. Those two were dull in terms of story. I'd like to go back to the secret nazi research base type deal. Those were the most interesting, because you got to find out what caused the outbreaks and stuff like that. 

Plus, the tranzit crew maps didn't answer a whole lot of old questions, which kinda irritated me.

Here's the thing about the exo suits.  They were fun for about 3 hours.  Now it is just annoying.  I get that some people would be disappointed with the slower pace of no exos, but far more people will be turned off if there are legit exo or advanced movements.  advanced warfare is such a clusterfuck, it is far too chaotic.  headshot's are complete luck with how people zip and zap back and forht at 100 mph.  Im fine with it being an every 3 year thing, but they better listen to the fans, or there will be a noticeable hit to sales imo.

Thank god the zombies story is developed enough that they can do something completely different with it than with campaign/mp and nobody will bat an eye

Well I was hoping for a cold war based game like BO1 (still the best COD imo). Im no fan of BO2 at all, i like the campaign and select zombie maps, the rest is garbage. As for AW, exo zombies is garbage imo and i wont be buying any more DLC for it, i do enjoy the MP, and have no interest to do the campaign. I'm slightly worried with BO3 being set in the future it could be another BO2 scenario but hopefully not. I just hope that Zombies is similar to that of BO1 with the decent BO2 elements kept. 

Please be Next-Gen only please be Next-Gen Only please be Next-Gen only

It will be on current/last gen too. Which i'm somewhat happy about, as i cant afford an Xbone right now and still use my 360. But i understand that prevents the next gen/current gen version reaching full potential. But Activision being the money milkers will still want it on last gen aswell - though by other studios.

The Flames & Embers of the Black Ops logo seem to imply a post apocalyptic setting for the future part of the campaign. That & the volcanic eruption from that last snapchat teaser.

The natural disasters & all of the animals might be referencing a destroyed earth?

@PINNAZ The post apocalyptic idea has been talked about over the years and I was thinking the same thing. If all the technology backfires, or a natural extiction event occurs, then it'd be pretty interesting to see small groups of whatever militaries still exist fighting for survival, and what the augmentations do exactly.

• Moderators

Please be Next-Gen only please be Next-Gen Only please be Next-Gen only

I think it willl be next gen only.

The official Playstation channel uploaded the teaser as well and they always put in their titles for what system the game will be released and in this case they put PS4 in the title. :-)