COD 2015 Viral Campaign (video/pictures) - CODZ official discussion thread

Teaser 1 - Video 1 (04/06/15):Listen only to the Sound of My Voice.

1TXjpCB.png dYwGwnN.png fpFNgQ0.pngWnXEVEk.pngclp9u5s.pngBmxOCED.png3wX9gRc.png

Teaser 2 - Video 2 (04/07/15):Let your thoughts drift, let the bad memories fade, let peace be with you.

hxFAQv6.png wNJzQud.png b1SyZBN.png JfmzwI5.png KXLXzxQ.png 7k9cxj0.png S49ij8K.png 4TXfWGD.png YABxfd6.png df3YkNt.png Ve7PdD6.png VnCMOSP.png B4Isikb.png a9fWvzM.png hEZ0SVv.png AIDrJGD.png znr2Kfh.png ZHoccTM.png Zs9ugio.png asSiZjP.png QCiQDdb.png YCtTyzD.png P2YtNeW.png 

Teaser 3 - Picture 1 (04/07/15):

Snap3.jpg

CCBoKxNW4AA7vlo.jpg

Teaser 4 - Video 3 (04/07/15):

Teaser 5 - Video 4 (04/08/15):

Teaser 6 - Video 5 (04/08/15):

Teaser 7 - Video 6 (04/08/15):

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain how this came about please.

Maybe update the OP

Black Ops 2 got a hot fix today that added snapchat symbols that you can scan in different maps

FAUZMNR.jpg

if you scan it using snapchat it will add callofduty to your friends list and they are posting teaser videos from there

kdqsfZv.png

It's a stretch, but there seems to be a reflection of the Roman numeral for 3 made by the trees, which would match the Black Ops 2 style. But the big hint to me is the last frame with the tree in the snow, which I see as a reference to the campaign of Black Ops 2 where a younger David Mason falls from his tree in front of Alex. The "listen only to the sound of my voice" statement is probably a reference to the brainwashing of Alex Mason in Black Ops 1... With all these hints, I definitely feel like this is another entry in the BO series. (I also see a person standing if you look closely at the right side of the eye, but I'm not sure how that's connected)

But wow, is this a phenomenal way to build excitement for the next game. Classic Treyarch :)

Edited by gfn21
  • Administrators

I hate hopping on the hype train...I'm an adult, I should act like one, right? Hahaha! Yeah...prolly.

This may be nothing, but researching that phrase brought me to a movie that I had come across a couple years ago. Treyarch puts deep stuff into their hints alotta times. But sometimes, it's just a riddle, or a simple message. Any association may be a real stretch, but the synopsis was oddly coincidental.

The Sound of My Voice (2011)

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1748207/

Awesomeness.

Really really cool.  Love how seemingly psychedelic it is.

This sounds like hypnosis, the foreign man saying "listen only to the sound of my voice" being the controller or manipulator of the hypnosis.  Can't wait for more.

I hate hopping on the hype train...I'm an adult, I should act like one, right? Hahaha! Yeah...prolly.

This may be nothing, but researching that phrase brought me to a movie that I had come across a couple years ago. Treyarch puts deep stuff into their hints alotta times. But sometimes, it's just a riddle, or a simple message. Any association may be a real stretch, but the synopsis was oddly coincidental.

The Sound of My Voice (2011)

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1748207/

I'm sure there is something there in this, it's a mighty coincidence if not.

Be interested to see if we can link the next drops to this at all.

What if its voodoo like what Jimmy Zielinski was hinting at? I know it seems a bit soothing to be that but otherwise I think it could possibly be somebody talking to another person who is trapped in their mind. The trees thing is like their mindscape. I dont know I am just thinking of ideas.

Definitely got a Black Ops vibe from it. Just to be that guy, it also made me think of the Kino movie reels and Maxis trying to get that zombie on the Der Riese radio to follow his directions. Could be a 935 experiment or maybe someone coming back after a cure. There was something about going from a forest to one tree that made it seem like someone was getting brainwashed or coming back from it. 

It might even be the same voice from the Kino movie reels. They describe reaching the subjects subconscious and how subject 26 is responding to the treatment. Its a long shot but the voice does sound similar. Hard to say for sure since the Kino reels have a lot of static and he's talking calmly in the snapshot leak. Close enough to speculate at least. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=842Cw3NpnfI

Skip to around 2:40

Edited by Cheesegrater28