COD 2015 Viral Campaign (video/pictures) - CODZ official discussion thread

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the most recent snapchat:

http://tinypic.com/r/29dv41e/8

EDIT:

Tried embedding it, couldn't make it work..

Upload it to something that isn't Tinypic, like an unlisted Youtube video. That'll help tonnes.

EDIT: Also, I just want to add something. Does anyone else think that the amount of teasers we're getting is immense? Does anyone think they're going to slow down eventually? Makes me wonder if an announcement is sooner than usual this year if they keep dishing out these Snaps at this rate.

Well I see a lot of people here suggesting Operation Charybdis and Reznovs involvement in the next game. In my opinion Treyarch did not use and completely put the whole operation to the trashcan when they made Black Ops II and it's future setting. We get to that but first lets see how the Black Ops ended in with cliffhanger and how Reznov was actually alive:

First thing is that in Black Ops campaign intel drops there was this hidden message:

Reznov is dead, or is he dead, there was no body, is he who he says he is

Reznov is pretty much dead by the year 2025 when Black Ops II takes place. But fact is Reznov did not die in Vorkuta. Treyarch had planned plot for Black Ops II that would have basically continued from where Black Ops ended with the assassination of JFK. But then they decided to go with the futuristic theme and the story was changed.

Every time Mason sees Reznov in Black Ops or Black Ops II after the Vorkuta mission its only his hallucinations caused by the brainwash Reznov himself conducted. Reznov escaped Vorkuta with Mason but then they never saw each other. Reznov was trying to contact Mason under the alias of John Trent. He tried to warn both CIA and Mason of the still active network of sleeper agents that would be activated by Evelyn Cross the "numbers lady".

Here are few things to back this up taken directly from Black Ops terminal computer files:

Here is an email where the numbers lady Evelyn Cross is threatening JFK. She mentions Berlin and you may know the famous quote by JFK which he made during his Berlin visit: "Ich bin ein Berliner". The date was 26 June 1963, same as the e-mail's date!

June 26, 1963

TO: J. Kennedy

SUBJECT: Last Chance

He won't ask you again and I know this was his final offer.

Please reconsider before we leave Berlin or your life will be in danger.

Our people are everywhere - this time you cannot win. Give him what he

wants before it's too late.

Here are two pictures of Evelyn Cross that were sen to CIA operative Hudson by John Trent aka Reznov:

crossg.pngberlinv.png

As you can see on the second picture she is being brainwashed by the Russians. And the resemblance to the numbers lady is obvious:

evelynu.png

Also check that desk. The book there is Profiles in Courage by no other than JFK himself:

profiles-in-courage.jpg

Now lets get back to the other e-mails in the Black Ops terminal:

November 21, 1963 (1 day before assassination)

TO: J. Kennedy

SUBJECT: You have one day left

Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice.

So here we come to the point what suggest that John Trent is Reznov. "Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice" is quote which Reznov told to Mason when they escaped the Vorkuta prison.

These messages are sent to CIA operative Jason Hudson:

Tuesday, November 19, 1963

TO: Hudson, Jason

SUBJECT: Everything you know is wrong

You don't know me, but I know Alex Mason. You will learn to trust me.

Everything changes on Friday.

"Everything changes on Friday." From that date on next Friday JFK was killed.

Thursday, November 21, 1963

SUBJECT: Now you understand

It was by the hand of Nikita Dragovich. This is just the beginning.

They are everywhere.

Start at Vorkuta. Two escaped the breakout. You know one of them.

The other one just died.

Message from one day before the assassination. Directly states the escaping from Vorkuta and that one of them was Mason. The other one just died. Referensing to himself as CIA though Reznov was killed.

This is what Hudson said to Mason when they irrogated him:

"Dragovich brainwashed you, but Reznov had plans of his own. He was never in Vietnam. The real defector with the Nova Six dossier died during the attack on MAC-V. He was never in the rat tunnels. He was never at Rebirth Island. Viktor Reznov's been dead for five years. He died at Vorkuta during the escape! All the years you thought he was with you. That was just in your mind!"

So in that email Reznov is telling Hudson that he did not die in Vorkuta and is alive as well as warns him about the other sleeper agents that are "everywhere".

Monday, November 25, 1963

SUBJECT: A single step

Echelon 5 21 0 8 18 15 14 7 21 16 23 9 14 23 0 6 18 4

Her name is Evelyn Cross. The photo is for your eyes only.

This will be my last letter for quite some time. When the time comes, you

will know what to do.

3 days after assassination. Image of Evelyn Cross was in this email. So here Reznov gave the identity of numbers lady to Hudson.

Tuesday, February 27, 1968

SUBJECT: You have done well

Please tell Mason one last thing. This time it's freedom for both of us.

Few years later came this e-mail. I'm sure I don't need to explain this one 

There are also e-mail from a third guy called Mr. X. He sent two emails directly to Mason.

June 30, 1978

Mr. Mason --

Clarke was intending to hide in Johannesburg.

He has a brother there. It's a good place to start.

-- X --

Clarke was the scientists who helped to weaponize Nova 6 that Steiner created with the help of other scientist from the Russian Ascension Group. For some reason Mr. X recommend Mason to seek Clarkes brother in South Africa.

Daniel_Clarke.png

July 4, 1978

Mr. Mason --

Woods is alive and remains the sole remaining American guest at the

Hanoi Hilton.

Thought you should know.

-- X --

Mr. X tells the location of Frank Woods to Mason. Hanoi Hilton was notorious POW prison in Vietnam where many of the captured American soldiers were tortured.

Payback_intel.jpg

Hanoi Hilton Intel document.

Then there is the ending of Black Ops:
The day of Kennedys assassination, Evelyn Cross starts his number broadcast. Mason says: the date when JFK was killed, Texas, caliber of the gun that killed JFK and Ascension.

And we know from before that Mason was brainwashed to kill JFK but it was prevented earlier because Reznov had added the other agenda of killing Steiner and Dragovich in his head. Now that he had those goals completed what was left? The original agenda of course which was to kill JFK.

PpaY0E8.png

----------------------------

Now why the whole Operation Charybdis doesn't make sense when we look at the events of Black Ops II?

Well Hudson has been working for the CIA the whole time and after Woods was rescued from Hanoi Hilton he was also working for CIA by doing operations in Angola. Mason had retired and moved to Alaska. They definetely wouldn't be working for CIA during the time the missions take place in Black Ops II if CIA though they were liability and tried to kill them together with the MI6. It's safe to say this Operation was never conducted in the actual story arc but simply CIA had planned such operation before they saw that they were actually no risk and that they needed them.

Was there a reason that link to callofdutywiki was removed? If that's a forum rule breach, pardon me, I'm still a n00b here. Or did you delete it? @gfn21

Was there a reason that link to callofdutywiki was removed? If that's a forum rule breach, pardon me, I'm still a n00b here. Or did you delete it? @gfn21

Not sure if it's a rule breach, I'm also fairly new here! I may have just deleted it by mistake, though. 

this is a little off topic, but it is fantastic that we are gaining new members who are being so active in the forums.  Welcome aboard guys, it is going to be a wild ride the next 18 months or so!  :D

• Administrators

This is a little off topic, but it is fantastic that we are gaining new members who are being so active in the forums. Welcome aboard guys, it is going to be a wild ride the next 18 months or so! :D

@the_clay_bird

Thanks, Clay! Really honoured to finally be an official member of the community! Been a blast so far.

Edited by NaBrZHunter

@Covert Gunman (or another mod)

I've added all of the Snapchat Videos into a Youtube playlist & will add more if there are any. Maybe add it to the OP?

https://youtu.be/vmvtcitJ-VY?list=PLwNDIxB4rR3BiOKRp2nyRqqu8Z9CHtW35

Can you also add @Tasha filtered picture from this post - http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/178987-cod-2015-viral-campaign-videopictures-codz-official-discussion-thread/?p=1727654

I know these have been posted, but add all of this to the OP

The Snapchat Code is found only on this particular poster in the Multiplayer maps - "Plaza" & "Express"

(Thanks to Liam for showing me this)

"Plaza"

Black%20Ops%202%20Multiplayer%20Snapchat

"Express"

Using the Snapchat App, take a photo of the "Ghost" Image

Snapchat will automatically add "callofduty - Dr. Salim!" 

And you can now view the Videos if they haven't expired

Snapchat%20-%20callofduty%20Dr.%20Salim_

Image below is in the Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Menu

Black%20Ops%202%20Message%20of%20the%20D

Filter Applied - Contrast & Brightness reveals this Logo

https://twitter.com/arundeepkohali/status/586168181682741248

Turquoise Sea, Puglia, Italy

Dottore!: Internment in Italy, 1940-1945 - Salim Diamand

""Dottore!" is more than an autobiographical account of one man's fate during the Second World War. It is an astonishingly human insight into the nature of the war in Italy and Italians. Dr Salim Diamand arrived in Italy prior to 1939 to study medicine. A Jew from Poland, he became a victim of the war and spent over four years in various concentration camps. "Dottore!" gives us rare insights into these unusual concentration camps, the inmates, the administration and the peculiarities of war-torn Italy. It is also a tribute to the Italians as a people, as individuals and to Italy as a special country. Dr Salim Diamand emigrated to Canada from Italy in 1950 and he has practised medicine in British Columbia and then in Toronto, Ontario."

• Administrators

https://twitter.com/arundeepkohali/status/586168181682741248

Dottore!: Internment in Italy, 1940-1945 - Salim Diamand

""Dottore!" is more than an autobiographical account of one man's fate during the Second World War. It is an astonishingly human insight into the nature of the war in Italy and Italians. Dr Salim Diamand arrived in Italy prior to 1939 to study medicine. A Jew from Poland, he became a victim of the war and spent over four years in various concentration camps. "Dottore!" gives us rare insights into these unusual concentration camps, the inmates, the administration and the peculiarities of war-torn Italy. It is also a tribute to the Italians as a people, as individuals and to Italy as a special country. Dr Salim Diamand emigrated to Canada from Italy in 1950 and he has practised medicine in British Columbia and then in Toronto, Ontario."

So this Salim was not yet an actual doctor during WWII, but more of a student, earning his doctorate post 1945?

So between him, Hodaikko, and the 97th, we have three potential WWII leads, and a couple post ~1975 leads?

Edited by NaBrZHunter
  • Administrators

Did anyone notice this in the news last week or so? Some sites are debunking it; I'm still in the middle of researching it. But all the same, it was interesting. We were talking nukes and volcanoes yesterday after Teaser #7, so potentially self-misleading.

All the same, supposedly fresh from the "press" (whoever may be behind that...as someone said in chat yesterday "seeing is believing this time of year"), this is from Business Insider, who, as far as I know, is fairly reputable.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russian-analyst-says-to-nuke-yellowstone-2015-4