COD 2015 Viral Campaign (video/pictures) - CODZ official discussion thread

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

From the Hokkaido government website (http://www.pref.hokkaido.lg.jp/sm/hrt/hp-en/hist-en.htm):

• The Northern Territories issue began in September 1945 when the Soviet Army illegally occupied the islands of Etorofu, Kunashiri, Shikotan and Habomai, which were inherent Japanese territories.
  • As the difference of positions of the two countries did not provide any prospect to reach an agreement on the territorial issue except with regard to Habomai and Shikotan during the negotiation process, on 19 October 1956 Japan and the Soviet Union signed the Japan-Soviet Joint Declaration to end the state of  war and to restore diplomatic and consular relations between the two countries, having agreed to continue negotiations for the conclusion of a peace treaty which should included the territorial issue, after the restoration of normal diplomatic relations between Japan and the Soviet Union. In Article 9 of the Declaration, the two countries agreed to continue negotiations for the conclusion of a peace treaty and the Soviet Union agreed to hand over Habomai and Shikotan to Japan after the conclusion of a peace treaty.
  • The Tokyo Declaration signed by Prime Minister Morihiro Hosokawa and President Boris Yeltsin in 1993 mentioned each of the Four Islands of the Northern Territories by name and defined the territorial issue as an issue of which country these islands belong to. The Declaration set out clear negotiation guidelines; Japan and Russia should conclude a peace treaty by resolving the territorial issue (i) on the basis of historical and legal facts, (ii) based on the documents to which both parties agreed, and (iii) on the principles of law and justice.

And from the World War 2 Database (http://ww2db.com/battle_spec.php?battle_id=167)

• The Japanese northern-most home island of Hokkaido was in the invasion plans, (Soviet Manchurian Strategic Offensive Operation: 9 August, 1945 - 2 September, 1945) but Japan surrendered before Soviet forces were ready to mount such an invasion. During the Allied occupation of Japan, the Soviet Union repeatedly demanded Hokkaido be occupied by Soviet forces without answering to the Supreme Commander of Allied Personnel, but General Douglas MacArthur sternly opposed the idea, and threatened the Soviet representative General Kuzma Derevyanko with military action should Soviet forces set foot on the island. Derevyanko, knowing well that MacArthur was not bluffing, advised Moscow to halt any plans for Hokkaido.

gallery_137255_13_19802.jpg

And that's all there really is to Hokkaido. 

Edited by NaBrZHunter
  • Administrators

But seriously, that tree is an Hokkaido landmark, the terrain is the same-the hill to the left, the dip to the right, and the mountain range in the distance, right side. Treyarch put it in the video. Why? I don't know. Could it be meaningless? For scenic purposes only? I would not be surprised. But while we're investigating, I figgered we'd figger out if there is anything historically significant about the island.

gallery_137255_13_7959.jpg
Edited by Chopper

The thing that's throwing me off about about this being MK-Ultra brainwashing is that the MK-Ultra program fizzled out by the mid 70's.  

Yet the UH-60 Blackhawk ,as @Matuzz mentioned, wasn't put into service until 1979.

The wiki link that @Chopper provided did mention that it is possible that the MK-Ultra program continued on in secret under a different acronym.  Not sure if that's a stretch just to make this theory work though.

The thing that is working for me about this MK-Ultra brainwashing theory though is that it seems the subject is being put into a calm state through a soothing voice, ambient tones playing in the background, and images of peaceful forests.  Yet it's cut with eery imagery of things relating to war, and death.  It's as these films are programming the subject to associate the type of peace and tranquility you'd feel in a forest, with things like war, death, and mortality.

I also wanted to mention that the technology used to produce these videos looks to be from the 70's - 80's era.

- Mix

The thing that's throwing me off about about this being MK-Ultra brainwashing is that the MK-Ultra program fizzled out by the mid 70's.  

Yet the UH-60 Blackhawk ,as @Matuzz mentioned, wasn't put into service until 1979.

The wiki link that @Chopper provided did mention that it is possible that the MK-Ultra program continued on in secret under a different acronym.  Not sure if that's a stretch just to make this theory work though.

The thing that is working for me about this MK-Ultra brainwashing theory though is that it seems the subject is being put into a calm state through a soothing voice, ambient tones playing in the background, and images of peaceful forests.  Yet it's cut with eery imagery of things relating to war, and death.  It's as these films are programming the subject to associate the type of peace and tranquility you'd feel in a forest, with things like war, death, and mortality.

I also wanted to mention that the technology used to produce these videos looks to be from the 70's - 80's era.

- Mix

But I don't think he is being shown any films. He closes his eyes and is only listening and picturing what Dr. Salim is telling. Those disturbing images are coming from his own mind. Most likely his memories.

I just took that image from the Message of the Day, and put it into PhotoShop.  Messed around with the levels, and I think I'm seeing some king of circular image or logo popping out from behind the tree.  But I haven't been able to fully expose it yet.  

tree_zpsy9su804t.png

tree3_zpskovn2vyc.png

Anyone know what techniques were used to get the "Dr. Salim" text to pop out?  It's probably the same type of thing here.

- Mix

It is possible this is the logo for BO3 however I dont believe it due to how close it is to that watermans science. Unless both are connected to one another. Also MrMichelin46, I opened it up and couldn't find anything but smoke. It's possible I missed something but I doubt it. 

Edited by blackfire561