Collaborative custom map.

This map is a collaborative custom map idea that will be discussed and hopefully turned into reality by a custom map maker. 

Anyone is welcome to submit any ideas they want just as long as it's reasonable. 

First things first: Where do we want the map? I'll run a poll for this once we've got enough ideas.

Some places I'd think would be cool: 

-A ruined New York. 

-A London subway system that leads into argartha. 

-A nuclear testing facility: The goal of the map is to constantly keep the nuke from going off.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think New York is quite hard to do and hasnt London Subways been done? Anyways I think that having a map related to 935 would be good. If we can get a story around them doing something, then we could get a location?

I am also making a map concept in the future about a nuclear bomb that is trapped in a time loop and you need to explode it in the EE.

Edited by Nightmare Voyager

My only problem with ruined New York is that it would be hard to map it to look as accurate as possible. I know Paris would be even harder but could you imagine it? We could go to Agartha- I like mockings idea ages ago about after Origins the group waking up in Agartha with no memories. Or maybe we could think of some ideas from our old map stuff?

Edit: Egyptian tombs are being done a lot lately Meh on UGX. We need something that is fan service to the community to the point that it is fulfilling, not like having all bosses in.

I suggest we come up with an Original idea not related to group 935 or the original characters or anything with the current story. A one shot like Mob of the Dead. It would be alot easier to come up with something new instead of trying to create a sidestory that may be incompatible to the storyline of zombies. Create some new characters each with their own Backstory and character development. You could get voice actors and you would get alot more freedom to do what you want with them. 

Well, I think that having new characters would be harder as their models would have to be made. But I know a guy who can do a really good young Richtofen and young Dempsey voice. I am sure he would be willing to do quotes for them. I still like the idea of doing a map not directly related to the canon. I think that if we did something like Agartha, which I think would be such a cool idea. We could actually make something like a parallel world- I know people like and dislike the multiverse thing but if we made our own map that just had remnents of the old zombies, including our characters, I think people would really enjoy that is they dont have to say its canon or not. What do you guys think, I like the idea of it being something like that but I am not saying it has to be Agartha. I just think these are ideas that can be done but at the same time let us do something on one else has done before.

I don't think we should bother with trying to create our own versions of the O4. I can create 4 new characters with fairly simple backstory and all. I'll take care of that. 

Ok, so let's settle on argartha. How do we get to argartha, and what does it look like? Is it some sort of new hell with a burning ball of fire in the sky? Is there plant-life? Is there a sort of key symbol like the 935 logo or afterlife symbol anywhere? Does gravity play a roll in this? I think it should! 

I don't think we need to incorporate afterlife into this, but rather, simply have a round called beast-eclipse. When this happens the "sun" turns blue. This causes the players to gain super strength and obliterate any zombie with a knife for that round. During this round however, players have to keep moving or their heart-rate will increase more and more until it bursts (downing them) after sitting still for too long. 

Guys guys, before we set it as Agartha in stone I say make a poll of some interesting locations, including Agartha, then let it run for a few days. I have some ideas for Agartha anyways as I was working on a multiple maps to do with it but we want to have community input. I personally think an interesting way to look at it is that Agartha can only be accessed if you are disconnected from your body. I mean thats just from what I have seen but what I think would be interesting is if it started with whatever characters we have dying and then being brought there.

Also that eclipse idea is amazing, but what if the sun turned black with a blue ring around it so its a reference to the black sun?

In fact heres what we will need polls for:

Map locations

Characters- O4, N4, Young O4 or a new unseen group

New perk? I have a few ideas

I suggest we open a Google Doc. That way we can easily have the concept easily editable. We can present Ideas Here that way everyone can see our progress and our debates then when we decide what to do we begin with working on the presentation and figuring out who will write what using the

This topic: a look into the conceptual Process of the Map

Google Doc: The Post being written 

I suggest we would include Group 601. I know, it's my obsession, but still, they disappeared to the thin air, they made the towers and designed the zombie controlling concept.

1. Former/To-be(?) 935 members in some hidden base, researching the capabilities of the new found element. Wonder weapons, chemically engineered beverages, new devices etc. (Anything is possible when you speak of short-lived secret research group with infinite power on their hands.) But then the call comes. Their work has been compromised. Following their protocol they quickly try to destroy their work and then kill themselves off. Leaving the players with piles of undead and broken buildable devices. Also gives great opportunity to implement completely new weapons, perks etc. while still being honest to the storyline.

2. They vanished from the earth? But who knows where ;)

O4 VS new characters .

O4:

Limited creative liberties

Every custom map has the O4 in them so it would be a wasted opportunity. For something groundbreaking

We would have to check canon to see if this is something that would actually happen.

Restrictions when it comes to quotes and dialogue

Restrictions to the story and setting

New characters

Full creative liberties

New voice actors

It would be groundbreaking and just having New characters would make out map far superior than every other Custom map out there right now

We would not be restricted by previous canon or previous character attributes that need to be accurate

We have been having ideas about the old group-but new incarnations of them depending on if people can model them. Like a stepping stone between their looks in Origins and the other maps. Also, canonization doesnt have to be questioned much as me and mocking discussed it for a while. Also, I know someone who could voice Richtofen and Dempsey, at least younger versions as thats what he does best.

http://strawpoll.me/3877791

So we are deciding on characters, obviously new characters means new characters with new backgrounds but what the new incarnations mean is that the old group will have redesigns, they will be a bit older than Origins but younger than WaW and BO. Also we have art for them being made at the moment for either way but if you are worried voice actor wise, I at least have someone who can do Richtofen and Dempsey- not sure if they can do the other two. So only vote once. 

• Administrators

http://strawpoll.me/3877791

So we are deciding on characters, obviously new characters means new characters with new backgrounds but what the new incarnations mean is that the old group will have redesigns, they will be a bit older than Origins but younger than WaW and BO. Also we have art for them being made at the moment for either way but if you are worried voice actor wise, I at least have someone who can do Richtofen and Dempsey- not sure if they can do the other two. So only vote once. 

In my understanding there are some limits to the mod tools. You can port other characters, reformat, ect. But actually designing a new character would not be so easy.

We are waiting on the poll, it seems we are having new characters. I am going to look at it finally when it reaches 9 my time, 2 mins from now. Whatever choice it is, we go with it. Also, get in the doc dude!