Inb4 snow races are actually a thing.

Too bad the Iceman will probably be a grandpa by then. haha

Then again he is more of a desert type of guy according to 2015. 

Cheers to you, buddy, for still popping in. 

I really like the looks of this year's cars. Also they just decided to change the quali system. Now it's elimination based so that in specific time intervals the slowest car is eliminated.

On 23.2.2016 at 9:00 PM, Matuzz said:

I really like the looks of this year's cars. Also they just decided to change the quali system. Now it's elimination based so that in specific time intervals the slowest car is eliminated.

Yeah, but it looks like they can't get it to work on time.

After today I am 99% sure Mercedes will have another easy season.

Hopefully at least the battle for third will be nice.

Kimi also starting the year with more unlucky stuff. :cry48:

But oh well... I am still looking forward to it. ^^

I didn't want to post in this after the first race because I was a bit too excited because of how much fun it was, but after the 2nd one was fun to watch as well. I gotta say I am glad I am an F1 fan.

Keep it up F1 and I might be able to ignore the stupid rules and politics.

The first quarter the Iceman entertained me more than Hamilton ever did in the past 3 years and in general there were some good fights, but Australia was more fun to watch although the result this time around is more to my liking.

Anyway today also showed that Mercedes will definitely be the CWM because Ferraris engine is just not reliable enough. I am glad though that this time around Vettel got the worse end of the stick for a change.

Other thoughts: Haas, finally a management of a new (private) team that does it right. 

Verstappen, although he is a great driver he still has to learn how to handle himself, but he is younger than me and sits in a 300 km/h car. So things may get a bit heated up.

It's just a shame that Ferrari wont get close to Mercedes although they have a faster engine than last year due to the issues.

Entertaining two races so far keep it up.

@Matuzz , where you at, buddy? :P

Edit: Also big props to Pirelli for giving the teams three tyres to choose from.

Yeah we have had too great races. if only quali would be as interesting. Shame that Williams have dropped back :P 

Pretty fun quali in my opinion. So glad it is back on the old system.

Both Ferraris made a mistake in the last lap, but I doubt that caused the .5 second gap between nico and Kimi though Ricciardo could squeeze through.

I doubt he will be a challenge for Kimi though in the race. :cool48:

Should be yet another interesting race especially with Hamilton starting from the back.

Definitely not what I expected.

Derplington Vettel could have easily avoided the crash, but he didn't I mean: Yeah sitting in such a car and being in the first corner of a race in which things can get heated up is a challenge, but I expect better behavior from someone who won the championchip four times and even if you can't avoid the crash, why the hell do you crash into your own teammate and not the "mad man".

That is pretty much the only downside to this race... well that and Ricciardo geting unlucky as well. Both Kimi and Ricciardo should have been on the podium.

Rosberg being on top I can live with that. 

Great race from Kimi though it looked a bit bad in the first couple of stints in regards to his overtaking or better said not overtaking, but in the end he pulled it off as if we were back in 2012/13. If he keeps this up we will see at the very least a couple of P2s and yet another extention of his contract.

Shame about Ricciardo and the tyre, but he did a good race as well.

Kvyat with a good race I am glad RB is a lot better than last year.

Haas very dissapointing, but then again they have had two good races. They can't be spoiled too much. :P

Mclaren without points, but especially Button with some good racing in the first half I believe.

Williams also in a better shape than last race, but Bottas was a bit odd.

Good racing for the third time in a row... man this is why I love this sport. :')

On 27.4.2016 at 11:30 PM, Matuzz said:

Engine upgrades and new front wing for Ferrari :)

Didn't really work out. :(

Sotchi is a fun track on the PS4, but watching a race there is... not so fun.

I mean it wasn't a bad race, but it was just mediocre, but since I am watching F1 there has never been a season where every race was fun to watch.

Wanted to share this with you:

http://www.redbullracing.com/article/new-line-spain

I think it is a bit overblown. Sending your driver who got a podium 1 race ago back to the jr. team.

Plus I don't really know how I feel about Verstappen despite him being dutch, since he is a great driver but the way he has acted in the past was not very professional. I mean yeah the guy just got out of school basically and I don't know how I would act in an F1 car, but I would definitely give myself some more time in a smaller team than to just take the next best chance to drive in a big one.

@Matuzz Did you hear about the only 18 races next year?

I swear to god if they cut monza, montreal or another good track I will punch Bernie. haha

Also: 

haha

Race #100 for Ferrari and a seat at said team for 2017.

Let's hope for a victory. 

Mercedes though. :S

My dream scenario for 2017 is a two way battle for the championchip between Jenson in the Mclaren and Kimi. Just like the older days: Ferrari vs. Mclaren :')

On 11.7.2016 at 9:24 PM, Matuzz said:

Kimi now 3rd in the WDC! :glasses:

Yeah nice to see that, though he is still not quite on the level of his Mclaren and Lotus days.

Gotta be honest while I do support Kimi I never really liked the Ferrari/Räikkönen combo. Not in 07-09 or 14-16. Maybe 2017 will prove me wrong.

I still rather see him in a Ferrari than out of F1 though.