Why wasn't the 31-79 JGb215 put into other maps?

I swear I'm using it wrong, but it's gotten me killed more times than it should have. Maybe if it was on a bigger map I'd do better with it. Apparently Maxis built it, and if it was on Der Riese with Richtofens Wunderwaffe that would be SO cool!

*edit* well after watching this guys video: 

it's apparently the best wonder weapon of black op 1 -_-  maybe that's why it's not featured anywhere else ha. I've been playing around with it now, and it is very much like the wunderwaffe, just more ammo and drops power ups. Sorry I know this map has been out for years, but I'm really just now getting to it :) 

Edited by ThunderGlove142
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason it wasn't in any other maps was because it was a unique weapon that fit Shangri La, its a really nice weapon and fun to use but if you put it in too many maps then people start to think its boring. Maybe it will return next game though?

If they bring in my create-a-class-box idea, we can have a wonder weapon slot, where we can bring in, at a chance lower then the ray gun M2, a wonder weapon. The default would be the wonder waffe, but players could earn the Thundergun and the Jet-gun (changed so that it doesn't explode, just needs to cool down). Later they could earn or purchase DLC for the JGb215, the scavenger, the wave gun, the VR-11, the seliquifier, and the paralyzer, then there would be a DLC for the staffs. 

Of course there would still be a chance of obtaining the map-specific wonder weapon as well as the ray gun M1 or M2, but you can't hold a ray gun with a custom WW, a Custom WW with the map WW, but you can hold a ray gun with the map's WW. 

I swear I'm using it wrong, but it's gotten me killed more times than it should have. Maybe if it was on a bigger map I'd do better with it. Apparently Maxis built it, and if it was on Der Riese with Richtofens Wunderwaffe that would be SO cool!

*edit* well after watching this guys video: 

it's apparently the best wonder weapon of black op 1 -_-  maybe that's why it's not featured anywhere else ha. I've been playing around with it now, and it is very much like the wunderwaffe, just more ammo and drops power ups. Sorry I know this map has been out for years, but I'm really just now getting to it :)

I have to both agree and disagree with this video.

For high round players running the same loop, the shrink gun is clearly the best for the reasons stated in the video.

But I call high rounds over 50, and for less than that I think the wave gun is better.  For a start it's much better at getting you out of trouble, by using the dual wield single shots.

With the shrink gun, unless you are using semtex as in the high round strategy, or sallies, you aren't going to be able to pick your drops as you are running over them.

Secondly, it takes a fair amount of skill to always shoot all the zombies, and the ones that you miss are the ones that are likely to kill you.

The wave gun is like a guarantee, and using Gersch plus hacker is almost a guaranteed ammo when you need it.

Why it's not in other maps, I don't know.

Maybe they wanted to mix it up.  All I know is that going from the Shrink to the Wave was so much better than going from the Thunder to the Scavenger, it's kinda splitting hairs if you ask me.

I adore the Shrink Ray and its one my favourite WWs and technically is one of the best in general, i wish it was in more than just Shangri-La (that is one of my favourite maps, but no-one else plays it, so i cant use the gun) it hasnt even debuted properly in custom zombies yet, in fact its the only WW that hasnt and i dont know why, everyone overlooks it cause of the map it was in, but its a damn good WW.

• 2 weeks later...

I adore the Shrink Ray and its one my favourite WWs and technically is one of the best in general, i wish it was in more than just Shangri-La (that is one of my favourite maps, but no-one else plays it, so i cant use the gun) it hasnt even debuted properly in custom zombies yet, in fact its the only WW that hasnt and i dont know why, everyone overlooks it cause of the map it was in, but its a damn good WW.

I just wish the map wasn't so small! By round 30 the mustang and sallys are useless and aren't helping me get out of every freaking corner.

• 1 month later...

I don't use it much, but am aware of its usefulness.

Personally, I thought it was a comical weapon, and BO1 played heavily off of comedy in their maps, so to see "baby" zombies and hear them yell like chipmunks when you kick them was a blast, but usually got me killed because I was so wrapped up in the fun.

On the down side, I feel like this was the weapon that started the "WW for the EE" trend as the VR-11 is only liked by few,if they had stopped at CoTD with that idea I doubt the zombies team would have thought it a good idea to keep making wunder weapons basically only for easter egg purposes.

It wasn't my favorite at all, but I have to say there has never been a cooler looking gun in zombies as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going to go ahead and be that guy and say I miss my winters howl. I absolutely SUCK at revives unless I have this weapon. Plus it makes high rounds pretty easy, and removes the issue of making a crawler in high rounds when you accidently blow an arm off. Just shoot it and it will walk slow.

Edited by Tattoo247