MatoMaster achieves NML 400 Kills!

Well the day has come. 400 Kills on No Man's Land has finally been achieved.

Massive props & congratulations to MatoMaster for his World Record Run.

post-127987-0-19948500-1425393677_thumb.

No Man´s Land 400 Kills (Xbox) - World Record - MatoMaster21 

No Man´s Land 400 Kills - Full Gameplay Unedited

(This should probably be Choppers post)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's freaking unbelievable.  

I know technically how it's done, having spent hours and hours with Steve and Scottie talking about it.

But this is more impressive than I can possibly say.  It takes an almost perfect game to get to this point.

For reference there are maybe 20 players who have gotten over 360 kills legit, at least as shown on YT.

Like 6 or 7 people above 370.

4 people above 380.

3 people above 390.

1 person at 400.

@Rissole25 At a very small level it is.  Everyone had kinda topped out, and there was just a group of around 8 players still going for 380 and above.

They all kinda stopped when Steve released his WR video but didn't show the PAP.

Bit of inside knowledge - Steve had that PAP down a good 2 months before even showing that video, and then he didn't actually release the PAP until he got 398.

Once everyone knew about the PAP, those players all started playing again trying to get it down.  It's estimated that you PAP about a 1/3 as often as the traditional method.

It's damn hard really, it's like trying a WR PAP time everytime, or not too far away from that.  Any then collecting 2 hoards in good time with no Jugg is really hard.

It's just all round bad arse.  When you know the average scores that Steve and Mato get, and then the ones that Scottie and Pumpkin get it really blows the mind.

I've lost count of how many 380 plus Steve has gotten.  I'm pretty certain he has shot every number from 360 to 398.

Steve and Mato are far and away the best 2 players I have ever played with or watched.  Relaxing is really good too, and much better than a lot of people think he is but these guys are on an entirely different planet.

Steve in particular has had WRs in every single conceivable 'mode' of zombies, and generally the first to get them.

It still annoys me that Black Ops 2 never had a proper alternative to NML, but hopefully they address it come the next game, especially when achievements like that are accomplished some 4+ years after Moon dropped.

Amazing to think someone managed to get 400 kills. I never thought anyone would pull it off. Bravo to the man!

• 3 weeks later...

NML was arguably the greatest game mode ever created.

I recall playing NML endlessly trying to get better, taking baby steps from PAP to jug to telepad.  NML was the ultimate barometer for your zombie skills, with intensity from begining to end.  NML prepares you for the actual game, and vice versa.

With this, I will make effort to up my current score.

NML lives on.

I have to just add once again, for probably the hundredth time on this site how much I love NML.

As Gaga says above, the greatest game mode ever created.

Please let there be something similar in Treyarchs next zombies.

Failing that, please release BO engine so modders can make NML 2.0 ;)

I have to just add once again, for probably the hundredth time on this site how much I love NML.

As Gaga says above, the greatest game mode ever created.

Please let there be something similar in Treyarchs next zombies.

Failing that, please release BO engine so modders can make NML 2.0 ;)

You dont even need BO-engine, I think

This can be achieved with WaW-engine, I think, considering modders have gotten Galvaknuckles, Sliquifier, Nuketown dropping perks system and much more in WaWs modding scene :D

Edit: Hmmm, doesnt seem like big project. Add PaP, starting pistol with good PaP variant, randomized Jugg/Speed and zombies get tougher everytime horn plays. Zombies getting tougher would be hardest part, but there is tut for Jugg/Speed randomizer. Maybe we should start CoDZ NML-project for WaW? :D

Hell Yes @HitmanVere

I would love to hear what ideas other people have about a small sized NML style map.

The Brainstorming could get EPIC! (Hahah Chopper)

We talked about this with Chopper and he thinks that WaWs knifing is crappy for this to work. I told him almost anything can be "fixed" :D

I could start soon WIP on this, where ideas come from people and Im not only one to think ideas, like theme, area, all that will be ideas from other people, which would make this interesting project to work on :)

Yo Hitman, can you also get Sallies to shoot either one or two bullets at a time?

Can only make sync :/ Only one person has done "perfect" DW and he is not sharing his work atm. There is way to compensate though, as having 2 projectiles fired at same time, having insane RoF and so on. I could ask one person though, if he will supply me with experimental DW for this project :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...