PDA - How much is TOO much?

Undead

Donor

Hello CoDz, Undead here wanting to pick your delicious brains on a topic a friend and I recently discussed pretty heavily, and that topic is sex Public Displays of Affection (also the single most annoying thing you'd either here shouted or get in trouble with back in the high school days). 

The title is pretty straight forward here on this one; exactly how much is too much and, what do YOU think is acceptable when showing physical signs of attraction to your slave partner in public? What bothers you most when it comes to witnessing PDA?

For me, I've never really been a fan of any type of PDA, honestly. I'll go with simple casual things such as holding hands or hugs. Then I'm good with quick pecks goodbye or hello, especially if it's a group and not just us. I can't even begin to express how much of a peeve I have with friends that like to suddenly eat their girl/boyfriend alive or practically lap dance on them instead of just sitting on their lap still while I'm trying to have a conversation with them at the same time. Whether i'm the third wheel or double-dating, it doesn't matter. Aside from the fact it's rude and ignorant, I also just don't need to see that. IMO, anything above what I listed I'm okay with doing/seeing should be something private. Not just because it's just tacky, but because I see it as something passionate and romantic. I like to keep the snuggles, tuggles, tickles and "pickles" between just us where it's only just us.

Pretty much the same as you dear sir. Although I'm a bit more easy going with kissing, assuming it isn't like you said, eating someone's face off. Not cool.

So basically, what's ok in my eyes:

Holding hands, hugging, peck on lips or quick snog, and that's about it.

(when I say quick snog, only in a specific context, such as the couple have just picked one another off from the train, or are saying goodbye.)

What really gets on my goat is couples that just stand in the middle of a high street eating each other. Geeze. Get a room.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Donor

Hand holding and hugging are okay. Anything further either makes me feel bad about myself for being forever alone, or I think it's just gross.

As long as they're not nude in public, all is fine with me. I don't mind it. I enjoy PDA. Kissing, hugging, hand-holding. It's all great. :) If you love someone, show them and let the world know that they are the best thing to happen to you and your life. 

Awards

At my school, there is just always people kissing at every corner of the school. Teachers go past and ignore it lol. At my old school the teachers actually were okay about it and joked about it etc. But when it happens to a point where people are doing it and backing up into me as if they are going to do something thinking I am a wall or something, yeah that gets me lol. I also kinda agree with lead, I mean yeah you love them we get it but you do not have to go past such things to actually show that. It just makes things awkward for others who are around.

• Administrators
Admin

To me, if you have an irrational fear of someone watching you as you show a sign of affection to someone you care about, then that's more problematic than PDA itself. I am (by nature) a flirtacious chocolate man; a light yet hidden butt squeeze or perhaps a quick lick on the neck when it looks like I'm giving a close hug is the furthest I'll go (with some kisses snuck in there).

But if you're macking out with your lover to the point it looks like pants are about to fly off [yes I've seen it happen hundreds of times and worse], then maybe you should choose a better time and place for that. I personally have no shame, so I will be more than happy to show the world how much I love someone. At the same time, I know what's acceptable in the public eye and what's strictly bedroom play.

• Administrators
Admin

I was definitely guilty of this in my younger days. I really didn't take spectators into consideration at all. Boom is a closer and always will be *high fives self*. Even now, wifed up and in my late twenties I see no problem with it. If two people are passionate about each other than bully for them! My recommendation, just stare at the floor and move on if you are not comfortable with the situation. Bow chicka wow wow. ;)

I am (by nature) a flirtacious chocolate man

I can vouch for this statement.

Donor

I'm not necessarily "afraid" or worried about who sees, I just tend to be a bit more private when it comes to showing physical affection/attraction to my significant lover. I think some of this, (depending on how serious you want to get into it all) is based on the type of affection is most important to you to begin with. Meaning, a lot of people can either be more verbal than physical. (which is the case for me). 

Not that I don't enjoy the perks of physical intimacy, I just feel my true feelings for a person are more sincere through words.