In anticipation of WaWII....

RedDeadRiot

(Hopefully)

Lets have some fun! 

Give me your favorite moment you can remember from the original. It can be from any part of the game. Zombs, MP, Co-Op, or Campaign. 

My favorite moment was easily finally beating the Co-Op campaign on Veteran. Never felt so accomplished in a game in my life. That final push up those stairs when the enemies are raining frags on you is a sonofabitch.

P.S.

(If you're reading this 3Arc ( :P) plzplzplzplzpzlpzlzplzpzlpzlpzlz World at War dos mi amigos!)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, so many great moments from this game. I can't pick just one.

I loved when I finally killed the sniper in Vendetta on Veteran. That took me a solid week to do, since WaW was my first FPS. I also loved completing the campaign on veteran after what was months of hard work.

I loved playing Nacht for the first time. My friends who also had the game and were already enamoured by Call of Duty invited me to play a mode called "Nazi Zombies" one day. After getting to round 17, I realized how much I loved this game mode. My palms were sweating, my hands were shaking and my heart was pounding. This is where it started for me and I'll always fondly remember it.

I loved the build up to Der Riese. I remember when they updated the game and we got our first glimpse of Der Riese from the map selection screen (it was greyed out since the map wasn't out). I remember talking with randoms in SNN about how excited we were for the map to come out. I met some good friends from these lobbies who are still on my friends list to this day. The trailer for the map was spectacular and I watched it several times a day until MP3 was released.

I loved camping on the catwalk in Der Riese. Just a little strategy that I've always enjoyed. It was always a great time with four people.

Anyway, with those in mind, I really hope that Treyarch releases another WW2 game. I'm sick of the future! Take me back to the past.

@RedDeadRiot Yes, I agree! Loved upgrading weapons for the first time. I was just blown away when I upgraded the Ray Gun. Remember reading how the X2 didn't do splash damage anymore only to test it out and die hahaha. Good times.

God bless 3Arc for making Flopper, all I gotta say on that topic lol. Splash damage killed me so many times when hustling into the teleporters lol

But they have nothing to go off of! World War II basically ended at the end of WaW, why on earth would they create WaW II if it implies it's after WaW 1, and thusly WWII? That's like saying it's still WWII without it actually being so. That's overly monotonous, don't you think? I don't quite see this happening whatsoever.

I believe that when people say WaWII, they don't actually mean a sequel to WaW (I mean, BO and BOII were already sequels to WaW), but rather another game set in the World War II era. It doesn't have to be named WaWII, hell, it doesn't even need World at War in its title. People just want another WWII game and it's easier to call this dream game WaWII than anything else.

Well, if WaWII indeed does happen, then I'll have lost all hope for Treyarch ever being a creative company again.

Because they go back to a game they haven't visited in 7 years? What else is there to do? Everything has been visited already. If you thought a WW2 game was never gunna make it to next gen because it got beat to death last gen you're terribly mistaken. Why not the company who made the best console WW2 game last gen, make their mark immediately?

• Moderators

Back on topic:

My favourite campaign moment: This one happened two weeks ago Finally killing the sniper in Vendetta on veteran. It "only" took me half an hour as well and I did it without looking anything up. :3

Well I watched Xcals Veteran WaW playthrough a week before that but he is a filfthy cheater and got 2 wallbangs on him. Must be some kind of glitch. 

I on the other hand beat him fair and square. Also called OpTic H3CZ to see if I can rebuild the OpTic sniper team now, but he said no. :(

My favourite Multiplayer moment was an early morning session with a couple of guys I played GTA IV with I was somewhat decent at the game and they sucked because they had no experience in FPS games. Which did mean that I got a lot of kills and a lot of dogs. I remember them singing "who let the dogs out". That was kind of fun.  B) 

Sadly I have no favourite Zombies moment because... Germany. : (

Nice thread, RDR.

But I would not call WaW mp innovative. 

Shots fired.  :ph34r:

@Flammenwerfer I agree about the catwalk. Nothing like standing on those stairs mowing em down with the MG, I remember getting that beast upgraded for the first time.....damn lol, best non wonder weapon ever IMO.

Camping up there really made you feel like you were in a last stand kinda scenario.

Alongside the catwalk, I also like to make my last stand down in the trench below Quick Revive where there's no where to go and watch them flood down the stairs as we mowed them over with upgraded Browning/MG42/PPsH's. Add some epic orchestral songs to the mix and it was the icing on the cake. Good times...

• Tech Admin

WaW was by far the finest Call of Duty game, the introduction of Zombies was unexpected and a revelation. The campaign was endearing and the multiplayer was sublime. Going back to a WaW style game would be good for 2 things, killstreaks would and should go back to what was available at the era.

• Air raids
  • Dog fights
  • "trench warfare"
  • Nuke (Japan)

The killstreaks in WaW imo just worked and all these new killstreaks just killed the game. The only thing that got better was Zombies, yeah BO/BOII multiplayer was good but I've lost interest in it. Give me a good old world war style campaign, multiplayer and I'll be hooked.

couldn't agree more, with everything you said Hells.

As dead as it was, I feel strange saying another WWII game (if done right, as the first WaW was done) would be a breath of fresh air. Simplify MP again. Keep the unlock system as it is, same with the classes (10 slots) and have it out from there. Bring back the dark, emotionally charged campaign. MAKE ME LOVE CoD again Treyarch! I know you can :)

I first played WAW around 1 month ago.  I'd played it only for customs before that.

Having just played MW3 campaign, after replaying BO1 I can say it kicked both their arses.

Favorite moment - storming those last steps, can't remember the mission name.  Man that was intense.

Most satisfying moment - killing that sniper on Veteran.  I know for a fact I could never have beaten him with a controller. my aim is so bad it's not even funny.

One of the things that I liked about the whole of the campaign from WAW was the music.  Damn it got you pumped up.

As Mark Lamia said in his DICE presentation, World at War was Treyarch's 3rd World War 2 Call of Duty game. I highly doubt they will make another.

And the Black Ops story is finished.

I would love to see a World War 1 game as it hasn't been done in a Modern COD.

Or a story about the covert Gulf War operations. That would be awesome.

Something with a real interesting story, not a future fictional story.

As Mark Lamia said in his DICE presentation, World at War was Treyarch's 3rd World War 2 Call of Duty game. I highly doubt they will make another.

i agree, yet they have done nothing on new gen! The devs themselves have said they wished they had had more time on WaW. I think its a strong possibility. Only release to never have a sequel since CoD 4. (Not counting ghosts/ AW which we know both will)

WW1 limits your choice of historically accurate guns by an unreal amount. Assault rifles weren't invented until WW11 so youre talking about a game of semi autos and bolt actions lol. Hell, only planes in the sky were biplanes lol. If anyone could make it work, it would be 3arc, but Idk how that would be received by the public.

• Tech Admin

Treyarch have done 3 world war style games, Infinityward 2 before them (5 in total I think) since WaW we have had 6 modern/futuristic games (2 modern - Modern Warfare, 4 futuristicBO/BOII/Ghosts/Advanced Warfare). It's not out of the question for this incarnation to be a world war style game. Treyarch are getting the feedback that this is what we the gamers are after and they have been getting this for 2+ years so you never know what they will have in store for us.

We have heard rumours and so forth but haven't had any concrete leads to say yeah we are getting what we are asking for, I think we are in for another futuristic style CoD because that's what they think works and that's what they think will sell the best and that it's what the gamers are after (rather than the small minority asking for a world war style game).

I said it earlier, if it's a World War style game, it's simply a case of shut up and have my money, if it has zombies (which we know it will) it's a case of shut up and have my money. However for me to enjoy the multiplayer and the campaign, it needs to be a world war style campaign and multiplayer.

As a title, WaW 2 does not make sense- at all. Black Ops and Black Ops 2 are follow ups to World at War. So in essence, we have World at War 2 and 3 but obviously with different titles due to the nature of their games. So going back to the WaW title would add a fourth game to that franchise that is set before the Black Ops games but after WaW. So essentially its a Pre-Sequel. I am not saying World War II is impossible to go to, let me make that clear, I am saying that the title World at War 2 does not make that much sense.